FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
Curious that there's no hotly debated thread about this topic yet. The historical vote takes places tomorrow and the polls are showing a tight race.

Somehow I hope they finally get their wish and start their own country.
the main thing here is if Scotland do vote out they get to keep 90% of the North Sea oil revenues, and the rest of the union no longer get to use it as collateral on an artificially low borrowing rate.

So its a big wake up call and some clever brinksmanship but its just not going to happen, bnot in any real practical sense, at most they vote to leave but never really leave in the true sense of real.

One things for sure, there gonna be a ton of money to be made tomorrow by someone who gets lucky in UK markets whatever happens :thumbup:
I just posted this in general chat and banter...I guess it's better in this thread....

A lot is about Alex Salmond loving Alex Salmond and not really thinking through what's actually best for Scotland. Scottish residents have more per head spent on them than Other UK residents enabling them to have things like, free uni fees( English students pay between 3 and 10 grand per year) . free prescriptions ( in England it's about 8 quid a prescription) There is a lot of resentment in England about these inconsistencies. Salmond wants to keep the pound but non of the debt associated with it. He wants independence from The UK but wants to remain in Europe with the dictats that come with it.
I believe it was Scotland that wanted unification in the first place (though defensively it made sense to the rest of the UK)

I think common sense will prevail and it will be a no vote and an end to Salmond. I wonder then will the rest of the UK get a vote saying 'Do you want Scotland to remain part if the UK,' yes or no. Now that would be an interesting poll.
http://wakeupscotland.wordpress.com/2014/09/15/ewan-morrison-yes-why-i-joined-yes-and-why-i-changed-to-no/

This reflects quite accurately my thoughts on the 'YES' cult (because it is a cult in every sense of the word). I will be voting no today, as has always been my intention. Not because if the label of 'fear' that so many yes voters stick on it, but because of knowledge of many of the areas that the yes side refuse to even enter into a sensible grown up debate about.
I blame Mel Gibson in Braveheart.

In a strange way I hope that Scotland votes yes so that the rest of the UK can see to downfall of Scotland. Then think twice about doing the same about leaving the EC

Sent using NCC-1701
http://wakeupscotland.wordpress.com/2014/09/15/ewan-morrison-yes-why-i-joined-yes-and-why-i-changed-to-no/

<EDITED WB>

"Zero debate – the focus was instead on attacking the enemy and creating an impenetrable shell to protect the unquestionable entity"

Just uncanny.

Anyway, it's woken up the Republic debate in Australia again, and they have some serious flag issues. It's also given them an idea what to do with Tasmania.

<EDITED WB>

"Zero debate – the focus was instead on attacking the enemy and creating an impenetrable shell to protect the unquestionable entity"

Just uncanny.

Anyway, it's woken up the Republic debate in Australia again, and they have some serious flag issues. It's also given them an idea what to do with Tasmania.

That is because there are too many stupid people here, They do not even realise Scotland will not become a republic, they will in effect be what Australia already is! An independent nation under the monarchy!
I have to hand it to you Roth, That was one hell of a way to get Lewis into a non Lewis thread! Are you absolutely sure you're not one of us? You know, one of these 'Hamilton fan's' ? :woohoo:
I have to hand it to you Roth, That was one hell of a way to get Lewis into a non Lewis thread! Are you absolutely sure you're not one of us? You know, one of these 'Hamilton fan's' ? :woohoo:

He's further proof that the haters are more passionate about Lewis Hamilton than his fans are.

See our F1 related articles too!