FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By What's Burning?
Opinions are like a realistic drawing of a 100 dollar bill, it looks great but it's not legal tender anywhere, so you'll run into problems when you try and pass it off as the real thing.
By racechick
And believe me Billindenver did more than just offer opinions!
By Hammer278
Benindover, Ben Dover... never mind those. Look at what bud called him!

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8960

:rofl:

Hahahhaha funny times. :rofl:
By LRW
It's pretty sad that a person can't offer an opinion without being crucified.
Having said that, I choose not to play this ridiculous self-serving game;
however, patience wears thin and I'm sure I'll be forced to engage again.

Dont you? Then why comment in this thread?

You play them as much as the next man.
By Hammer278

It's the old "LOOK! I'm a victim!"....*nof**ksgiven*....."DID YOU HEAR ME? I SAID I'm a victim!!"..... *nof**ksgiven*......
By What's Burning?
Reminds me of a Candi Staton song.

[youtube]P9mUi4J8kh8[/youtube]

Yes, I lived in the era of Disco. :blush:
By Roth
He managed to go so fast because he was in the best car. However he managed to go ridiculous faster than his team mate thru the weekend and that was down to his better pace thru the chicanes. For you to say that reason was because his cars downforce level was the reason - must be relative to his teammate
You were clearly saying he wasnt a ridiculously better driver through the chicanes as the times suggest but that it was his car setup

I think we all assumed that you were just a bit ignorant about aero, but you insist on something that detracts from the biggest talking point - Lewis' crushing of his teammate - and with a halfbaked notion that you clearly have no chance or intention of understanding

If I was unaware of the speedtrap figures, but aware he was running more wing, and saw he was faster though corners, that means I don't understand aero? Or my original post explaining where and why I thought he would have gotten Nico - was that factually wrong too, on an aero level, assuming he was running more wing? Which he was by the way. All you've supplied is a speedtrap figure and not really explained in detail how much effect that can have on a high speed circuit compared, to say, a twisty one, so you've hardly pushed the boundaries of aero knowledge yourself.

So instead of after qualifying finished, going to bed because it's getting on for midnight, then waking up on Father's Day, spending the day with my family, getting the kids to bed, spending time with my wife, then turning on the race just before the start because Australia doesn't offer F1 decent TV coverage, then, after midnight, when the race finished going to bed again, I should have stayed up and poured over race and quali data to see where Hamilton was gaining time, and what his speed and sector figures were.

Because I ignorantly assumed that between the TV and a couple of reports I read all saying Hamilton ran more downforce, and I based my Hamilton praising comment on that, then I'm a Hamilton hating f**kwit?

Because if that's the case you have me bang to rights.

Or is it that because I "insist on something that detracts from the biggest talking point - Lewis' crushing of his teammate" This is the not only the biggest talking point for you but the only one, because you have a weird obsession. So whilst I spent my day acting like an adult, and not giving Hamilton any thought (except when my brother in law asked me who he should put a bet on to win, and I said Hamilton, but whatever), you spent the hours whiling away at the childish pursuit of finding as many conceivable ways as possible as to why Hamilton is God.
By Roth
But being serious now, there really should be an effort made to at encourage posters to retract or remove lies and factually wrong statements aonce they have been discredited with hard facts, and this should apply more so to mods.

I've pulled you up on things, quite a few things, and you have gone silent or descended into childish behaviour. Not once have I noticed a retraction, apology or removal of said comments.

It's part of the cookie charm, the abilty to live by the sword but refusal to die by it.
By CookinFlat6
But being serious now, there really should be an effort made to at encourage posters to retract or remove lies and factually wrong statements aonce they have been discredited with hard facts, and this should apply more so to mods.

I've pulled you up on things, quite a few things, and you have gone silent or descended into childish behaviour. Not once have I noticed a retraction, apology or removal of said comments.

It's part of the cookie charm, the abilty to live by the sword but refusal to die by it.

Now you have your very own dedicated roth show thread, please feel free to repost any of these 'pullings' and lets discover that silence was a way of not embarrassing you further.

Dont be sayin you dont have time to trawl thru old posts neither bo
By sagi58
Opinions are like a realistic drawing of a 100 dollar bill, it looks great but it's not legal tender anywhere, so you'll run into problems when you try and pass it off as the real thing.

Again, the word has different definitions.
Some opinions are based on facts, such as professional opinions;
whereas, others are based on views, impressions, emotions.

I have opinions that aren't necessarily shared by some members
on this forum and in posting them, I am NOT trying to pass them
off as anything other than MY own opinion.

I am quite cognizant of the fact that each of us has the right to an
opinion and refuse to be denigrating, inflammatory or arrogant if
I don't agree with the opinions of others.

And, you can take that to the bank, as legal tender!!
By sagi58

Please read the part that I underlined.
It wasn't done unintentionally!!
By LRW

Please read the part that I underlined.
It wasn't done unintentionally!!

You didnt underline anything? it WAS me that underlined that when I quoted you.

So you didnt do it unintentionally - because it wasn't done by you at all!!
By CookinFlat6
:rofl::rofl:

Classic!! Arguing against yourself without even realising takes the art of debate into the realms of surrealism :thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!