FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
I'll stick with he had more downforce so went faster through corners and leave it at that.
Thats not logical though is it

free practice is for setup changes and finding something the driver likes,
if his speed advantage was just down to downforce levels we would have seen a different pattern at points during the weekend
Why would the cerebral Nico stick to a lower DF setup the whole weekend when it was obvious Lewis had the edge over each lap because of his LATE BREAKING and hence the carrying of excess speed right thru to positioning for the next part in those two sectors. Why would the clever Nico suddenly stop copying his setttings

I am not been funny but I just dont get how you can turn up and say 'Lewis was faster, but it was down to packing more DF????

Dont you recognise this is akin to waving a red flag at some of the more 'particular' lewis fans?
Did you even look at the speed trap numbers of both cars before that assumption? Its not hard to look into these things before making declarations that look to diminish a guys acheivents especially when they are just out of your dreams without a shred of evidence and despite stacks of data that says the opposite
look at this trap chart, lets assume both drivers had the same gearing i.e neither used 8th then why would Nico drop 20 mph round the chicanes and gain 3, YES THREE mph on top speed by going for much much lower DF which explains Lewis spanking him

It really baffles me how after a race that generates tons of data so we may make our own minds up, how can you say something like that and expect to be traken seriously or exp0ect us to let it go uncommented, I mean saying the guy has a career long mental weakness is one thing, but saying he was faster because of the DF is pants, really

by the way, I dont mean to confuse you , but I have used the qualy top speeds because the cars are in park ferme till the race and in the race on any lap we pick there could be extenuating circumstances - so quali is the purest display of speed
@ Roth, I just realised that you prefer to 'intuit' things or just think that because you 'feel' a certain way' then thats enough, i.e. you just dont like Hamilton so thats enough to conclude he couldnt have been faster. So my previous post numbers will likely have made your eyes glaze and so it was probably pointless on my behalf.

Ok so Imma put it in a way you will understand with no numbers

:director: THE DF DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE 2 WAS INSIGNIFICANT IN TERMS OF EFFECT ON LAP TIME, Nico did not go for a particulaly lower DF and Lewis didnt go for a particularly higher DF setup

ITS A STRAWMAN roth, dont cling onto it :nono:
By Roth
It's not logical that more downforce, in a general sense, gives you more speed through corners? Anyway...

I didn't say it was the sole reason for him being faster over the lap. I just said it helped through Lesmos, two speedy corners. You just inferred everything else.

Next time I'll say Hamilton had more downforce and prodigiously more talent, that's why he was faster through two corners.

And this is another example of you picking sh!t over a minor part of a bigger point because you like to, not because it needs doing. Your pedantry is rampant.
I still can't quite believe we're even in this discussion. This is exactly the thing that people who complain about certain Hamilton fans are on about.

WB managed a nice, normal, educating, discussive repsonse, then you come along...
Last edited by Roth on 10 Sep 14, 03:11, edited 2 times in total.
By Roth
So we're all saying he went faster, but you two are just not liking why I said he was faster.

Even though at no point have I been derogatory about Hamilton, you're still trying find a way to prove me wrong.

That's kind of weird.

No I'm not trying to prove you wrong.I could be wrong. I just don't think it's all down to set up. I think it's down to Hamilton's late braking ability.

So why doesn't he just run no wing every race? Set-up is a comprimise between top and cornering speed, and marrying that to the strengths and weaknesses of a car and driver.
I didn't mention this because I didn't think it needed mentioning, but I was wrong obviously.
By Roth
@ Roth, I just realised that you prefer to 'intuit' things or just think that because you 'feel' a certain way' then thats enough, i.e. you just dont like Hamilton so thats enough to conclude he couldnt have been faster. So my previous post numbers will likely have made your eyes glaze and so it was probably pointless on my behalf.

Ok so Imma put it in a way you will understand with no numbers

:director: THE DF DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE 2 WAS INSIGNIFICANT IN TERMS OF EFFECT ON LAP TIME, Nico did not go for a particulaly lower DF and Lewis didnt go for a particularly higher DF setup

ITS A STRAWMAN roth, dont cling onto it :nono:

This post reflects badly on you, not me.
It's not logical that more downforce, in a general sense, gives you more speed through corners? Anyway...

I didn't say it was the sole reason for him being faster over the lap. I just said it helped through Lesmos, two speedy corners. You just inferred everything else.

Next time I'll say Hamilton had more downforce and prodigiously more talent, that's why he was faster through two corners.

Your ignorance is truly outstanding, after 3 people spell it out for you you still don't get it

It's not logical as in why would anyone want less DF than he can have? The cars are identical you really think Nico would give up the DF that msking himself 20 mph slower in chicanes to gain 3 mph ???

Why would Nico do this, please tell us Ted Crevice

You heard a comment about the negligible DF difference and start peddling it out of context, the fact that you didn't think it through before illustrates the mindset of an irrational h8ter unable to think straight due to the butthurt
By Roth
Seriously, dude, you need to calm down.

I mention Hamilton and you go into overdrive regardless of what I've actually said. Quote me where I said something nasty,
and why it was nasty and how it reflected my hate for the man and we'll discuss that. Otherwise it's just a lot of your bile like
the post above.
He was running more downforce which would account for his ridiculous speed through the Lesmo

running MORE DF relative to Rosberg - his ridiculous speed relative to Rosberg - who had an insignificantly less amount of downforce - and an insignificant more amount of top speed

:bs:

Sector 1 - Rosberg 0.1 quicker / 2 KPH faster top speed - Nico quicker on straights by 2 KPH - thats his gain from less DF

Sector 2 - Lewis 0.3 quicker / 2 KPH faster top speed - Nico slower in top speed and MUCH slower in cornering speed -

Sector 3 -Lewis 0.1 quicker / 0 top speed difference - Nico no quicker in top speed but slower in cornering

Whole Lap - Lewis 0.3 quicker / 3.8 slower Top speed

If you had know these freely available facts before posting would you still have said

He was running more downforce which would account for his ridiculous speed through the Lesmo

I just said it helped through Lesmos

So why doesn't he just run no wing every race?
errm because there are straights also in most races

Lewis was ridiculous faster in and out of the Lesbo because of a different DF setup??? YES or NO

I bet you will not answer that question truthfully or answer at all.

:smmack:
By Roth
How is anything I said about Lesmos a criticism? That's what I can't understand. It was a compliment that he managed to go so fast where others didn't. I never mentioned Nico. The main point of my post wasn't even specifically about downforce. I even put in a nice clip. What else do you want? On what planet were my three lines anything but supportive of Hamilton?

And what I asked RC was rhetorical.

running MORE DF relative to Rosberg - his ridiculous speed relative to Rosberg - who had an insignificantly less amount of downforce - and an insignificant more amount of top speed

Sector 1 - Rosberg 0.1 quicker / 2 KPH faster top speed - Nico quicker on straights by 2 KPH - thats his gain from less DF

Sector 2 - Lewis 0.3 quicker / 2 KPH faster top speed - Nico slower in top speed and MUCH slower in cornering speed -

Sector 3 -Lewis 0.1 quicker / 0 top speed difference - Nico no quicker in top speed but slower in cornering

If you had know these freely available facts before posting would you still have said

Lewis was ridiculous faster in and out of the Lesbo because of a different DF setup??? YES or NO

i agree, is insignificant difference :thumbdown:
How is anything I said about Lesmos a criticism? That's what I can't understand. It was a compliment that he managed to go so fast where others didn't. I never mentioned Nico. The main point of my post wasn't even specifically about downforce. I even put in a nice clip. What else do you want? On what planet were my three lines anything but supportive of Hamilton?

He managed to go so fast because he was in the best car. However he managed to go ridiculous faster than his team mate thru the weekend and that was down to his better pace thru the chicanes. For you to say that reason was because his cars downforce level was the reason - must be relative to his teammate
You were clearly saying he wasnt a ridiculously better driver through the chicanes as the times suggest but that it was his car setup

I think we all assumed that you were just a bit ignorant about aero, but you insist on something that detracts from the biggest talking point - Lewis' crushing of his teammate - and with a halfbaked notion that you clearly have no chance or intention of understanding

Now as usual when everything you asked for has been provided and explained you start weasling, I dont mind you dont like the guy, I dont mind you pretend to and stick the knife in, I dont mind you give some banter - but to be factually wrong is a different ball game - its no longer grown ups its kids pretending to be grown ups

lalaland :thumbdown:

i agree, is insignificant difference :thumbdown:

I was wrong with the face,sorry :rofl:
By racechick
Knock, knock. Can I come in please? :D

Ps. Josric77.......... Don't think you're going mad here. You just got caught up in a Roth and Cookie love affair :hehe: They've been put in a room of their own to continue to their hearts content. :heart:

You may join in if you wish. :thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!