FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By LiamCatterson
Soooo, any thoughts, news, fears and questions about this awful and rapid fatal virus, post away. This is a big discussion
By What's Burning?
Ice bucket challenge to raise awareness and funds for research?!? Or is that one already taken?
By spankyham
How unlucky that Africa's roadkill can be so deadly.
By racechick
It's a bit more deadly than swine flu.90% chance if death if you catch it and no known cure or vaccine( though some experimental ones are being tried.) I was due to go to Gambia for a wedding next April but now I think the plans are being rethought.
By Jabberwocky
I know Ebola is more serious but following the same guild lines will stop the the transmission of the virus. Avoid crowded places etc.

I did read somewhere that we should all avoid certain nationalities who are more likely to be carriers.

They are asking on the local radio for people to do the vaccine trial.

Sent using NCC-1701
By Hammer278
They found a cure, apparently (only) after a couple of European citizens contracted the virus. :hehe:
By Jabberwocky
Have they, or is it just to stop world wide panic. I am surprised half the UK is not out hunting Africans knowing how they have reacted to ISIS
By LewEngBridewell
It's a bit more deadly than swine flu.90% chance if death if you catch it and no known cure or vaccine( though some experimental ones are being tried.) I was due to go to Gambia for a wedding next April but now I think the plans are being rethought.

It's not altogether the easiest disease to contract though, is it? Similar to things like AIDS, it's via contact with blood or bodily fluids from an infected person.
By spankyham

It's not altogether the easiest disease to contract though, is it? Similar to things like AIDS, it's via contact with blood or bodily fluids from an infected person.

True, AFAIK there are no cases of airborne transmission. So harder to spread and easier to lock down, but very scary and dangerous none the less.
By Hammer278

No for AIDS you need blood transfusion, intercourse or kiss a bloody mouth (though risk is little with this one).

This one can be transferred through SWEAT. Totally different kettle of fish.
By racechick
Hammer's right. Ebola is not airborne but it is much, much easier to contract than aids. Sweat, a sneeze, like catching a cold or influenza. Doctors treating aids were never at risk but the main doctor fighting the aids epidemic caught it and died.

See our F1 related articles too!