FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By overboost
This is great that we won and especially against the Russians! Crosby now has World Championship gold, two Olympic golds and a Stanley Cup!

But now we have to worry about how pissed off Putin is going to be, we also took gold at his Sochi Olympics.

Next week he will probably be invading the North West Territories and the Yukon to boot. He has his nuclear subs parked under the North Pole most days!
By sagi58
Alright, you Canucks are good at ping pong on ice :twisted::hehe:

:clap:

Ping pong? :rofl:
I'd love to see you try to bounce a puck... even if it's not frozen!!
By sagi58
They all but had him in a Sabres' jersey; but, check out who's moving into town:

wrote:">Mike Babcock to coach the Toronto Maple Leafs

Babwatch is over.

According to Elliotte Friedman, the highly sought-after head coach has agreed to a deal with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Babcock, 52, reportedly received interest from the Buffalo Sabres, Toronto Maple Leafs, St. Louis Blues, Philadelphia Flyers and San Jose Sharks before deciding to depart the Detroit Red Wings.

Detroit granted Babcock permission to speak with other NHL teams on May 8. His contract with Detroit was set to expire on June 30.

In 12 seasons with the Red Wings and Anaheim Ducks, Babcock posted a 527-285-119 record (plus 19 ties), reaching three finals and winning a Stanley Cup with Detroit in 2008.

This past season, Detroit finished in third place in the Atlantic Division, but the club fell in a first-round series to the Tampa Bay Lightning in seven games.

By darwin dali
They all but had him in a Sabres' jersey; but, check out who's moving into town:

wrote:">Mike Babcock to coach the Toronto Maple Leafs

Babwatch is over.

According to Elliotte Friedman, the highly sought-after head coach has agreed to a deal with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Babcock, 52, reportedly received interest from the Buffalo Sabres, Toronto Maple Leafs, St. Louis Blues, Philadelphia Flyers and San Jose Sharks before deciding to depart the Detroit Red Wings.

Detroit granted Babcock permission to speak with other NHL teams on May 8. His contract with Detroit was set to expire on June 30.

In 12 seasons with the Red Wings and Anaheim Ducks, Babcock posted a 527-285-119 record (plus 19 ties), reaching three finals and winning a Stanley Cup with Detroit in 2008.

This past season, Detroit finished in third place in the Atlantic Division, but the club fell in a first-round series to the Tampa Bay Lightning in seven games.

Table tennis: Singapore wants a clean sweep of gold at SEA Games
The Singapore Table Tennis Association is aiming for a clean sweep of all seven gold medals on offer at the upcoming SEA Games, and it is planning to do so with a team that blends youth with experience.

SINGAPORE: She is just 21 years old but already a veteran of two editions of the SEA Games. In a couple of weeks, Isabelle Li will compete in her third.

"I'm definitely more experienced now, having competed in the two previous SEA Games,” said the national table tennis player. “Especially with the added home ground advantage, I hope to be able to give my best performance."

Half of the 10-strong SEA Games squad are 21 and younger. They include Li and 19-year-old Clarence Chew. Both began their careers at the inaugural 2010 Youth Olympic Games. But given Singapore's shallow pool of sporting talent, players like Li and Chew are being pushed to the next level.

Said deputy president of the Singapore Table Tennis Association (STTA) Alex Yam: "It's not just about new faces, but also, giving opportunities for those young players who have been with us throughout this entire journey, to give them more opportunities, more exposure, and eventually, take over the mantle of being senior to new players who will come along."

The youngsters have also got the backing of the current "big sister", Feng Tian Wei. "You could say that the younger ones are gradually maturing,” she said. “They accomplished what they set out to do at the last SEA Games. So I'm very confident in their abilities." It is high praise as the 29-year-old is ranked fourth in the world.

This year's Games will gauge whether all that confidence is well-placed. The STTA wants the players to repeat their feat from 2013 - that is - to sweep all the gold. Only this time, seven medals are available, up from four back then.

In a further sign that Team Singapore is leaving nothing to chance, it has invited players from Taiwan and Korea to serve as sparring partners ahead of the Games. These players will help prepare the team for specific threats posed by Thailand and Vietnam - two countries Team Singapore thinks pose the greatest challenge to a golden jackpot.

- CNA/hs

:P
By sagi58
They all but had him in a Sabres' jersey; but, check out who's moving into town...

Hey!! Get your own thread!! :gonnagetit:

(( :rofl: ))
By CigarGuy
Every time I see this thread updated, I hope it's about my Lightning....... :wink:
By darwin dali
They all but had him in a Sabres' jersey; but, check out who's moving into town...

I could rename this thread as 'Ping pong and other silly games' :twisted::P:hehe:
By sagi58

I could rename this thread as 'Ping pong and other silly games' :twisted::P:hehe:

I know you could. But, you won't!
Too many witnesses to dispose of!! :whip:
By sagi58
It's back within the "original" fold!!

wrote:">Blackhawks crowned 2015 Stanley Cup champions

CHICAGO – A puck off the edge of a stick blade, another off the cross-bar. That was the difference between winning and losing when the margin of error was almost non-existent.

After playing on a tightrope for two weeks, the dam finally broke as the Chicago Blackhawks beat the Tampa Bay Lightning 2-0 in Game 6 on Monday night to win one of the tightest Stanley Cup final series in NHL history and capture their third title in the past six years....

By CigarGuy
B#@e me Sagi! ;) Lightning beat 3 of the originals. Couldn't beat the forth.
By sagi58
Yeah, well, just you wait until the Leafs get their mojo back!!
:whip:
By CigarGuy

So Lightning played 4 of the original 6. Boston didn't make playoffs. That leaves.........wait............ :wink:
By sagi58

So Lightning played 4 of the original 6. Boston didn't make playoffs. That leaves.........wait............ :wink:

Oh, you go ahead and laugh!! But, you know, the Leafs have been down before.
It's been a looong time (1967) since Lord Stanley's Cup made it up to these parts.
Time it came home!! :cloud9:

See our F1 related articles too!