FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By sagi58
...Ross Brawn is down as saying he was happy MS decided to leave as the diection of the car development could now be changed, I quoted that ages ago on here with my own conclusion that Ross couldnt wait to provide MS with the taxi fare...

Did he tell you that in a dream? Because, it would seem he said something a "bit" different to the official site:
 wrote:">Exclusive Q & A: Ross Brawn on Hamilton, Schumacher and Lauda

Please note, I have chosen, yet again, to ignore the rest of your diatribe! :wink:
By sagi58
...Lets not forget the tag team act of Nico who spanked MS senseless and pushed him toward retirement and Lewis who opened the door and deftly avoided him as he crashed out, side stepping the once dqed cheat neatly to take his seat

Quite a class act those 2, dispatched MS and Alonso like envelopes without breaking sweat, just warming up to take each other on this year

(incase I exaggerate or even fabricate anything along the way, I will 'Mea Culpa' it away later)

Time for a mea culpa, me thinks :P :

Lewis Hamilton 44 Support (formerly known as: That's Lewis)

... if they transfer focus and funds to turning Lewis into a champ, firstly Lewis will be paid what he deserves - The most in the paddock, and also like MS at Ferrari, [Lewis] will have Ross Brawn as well as MS to shape his success...
Lets not forget the tag team act of Nico who spanked MS senseless and pushed him toward retirement and Lewis who opened the door and deftly avoided him as he crashed out, side stepping the once dqed cheat neatly to take his seat

Quite a class act those 2, dispatched MS and Alonso like envelopes without breaking sweat, just warming up to take each other on this year

(incase I exaggerate or even fabricate anything along the way, I will 'Mea Culpa' it away later)

That's obviously a biased and subjective recount of what happened.
What you have failed to mention is that Schumi was at Mercedes more
than long enough to help develop the car into what it is today, by your
own signature: a Monster. BOTH Hamilton and Rosberg owe him!

Predictably you will argue with that; but, that's just you being you! :wavey:

...Mindboggling that any adult cannot get this basic premise of the difference between fact and opinion and how arguing about OPINIONS or ASSUMPTIONS is as useful as a chocolate teapot - then they say I love my team and thats why am biased against them

THIS IS NOT A PLAYGROUND FOR KIDS TO ARGUE ABOUT HALFBAKED VIEW POINTS OF THE WORLD

Its a place for ADULTS to exchange knowledge and become richer intellectually
I mean how can anyone who has gone on and on about the 2014 engines even say the length of a time a driver was at the team BEFORE 2014 is correlated toward the evolution of the car AFTER 2014

Its worse than a playground, its like the waiting room at the hairdressers for 'women who do lunch' and watch 'house wifes of F1'

:rofl::rofl:

You never disappoint, when it comes to needing to have the last word.
Good for you! :clap:

Anyway... do you actually believe that Mercedes needed/wanted "no" input
whatsoever from Schumi? That's a pretty arrogant assumption to be making,
considering they did what they could to lure him out of retirement. I would
wager that he has forgotten more about F1 than most people will ever know.
And, please, spare me the ridiculously childish jokes about him being in a coma.
That would be beneath even you to make such a comment.

As for the evolution of the 2014, I was under the assumption that Mercedes had
been working on this car for years and years, not just the relatively short period
of time that Schumi left/Hamilton arrived. I was also under the impression that
Mercedes has been so successful because of all the years and years of hard work,
research and development they have put into this engine. Or would you have
little old me believe that it's only since Schumi left/Hamilton arrived that Mercedes
have miraculously built the best engine on the grid, this year?

As for your ridiculous rhetoric, I have to say, I am able to overlook it because
I consider the source. :P

You think Schumi and Hamilton had something to do with building the new engine? Nope, zilch.

... if they transfer focus and funds to turning Lewis into a champ, firstly Lewis will be paid what he deserves - The most in the paddock, and also like MS at Ferrari, [Lewis] will have Ross Brawn as well as MS to shape his success...

Lewis didnt have MS as a mentor because the cheat left Mercedes completely when he was replaced as a driver. Its a shame as Lewis could have done with some coaching in how to blatantly cheat from an expert

Well done with working out the search function, till recently you didnt even know how to quote properly (or was that petaheartsagi?), now you can search, you have to work out how to find RELEVANT things from a few years back :thumbup:
Did he tell you that in a dream? Because, it would seem he said something a "bit" different to the official site:
 wrote:">Exclusive Q & A: Ross Brawn on Hamilton, Schumacher and Lauda

From your own link. not sure if you read it and understood it, but I couldnt find any reference to MS developing the engine, I found this;
Q: It’s also time to reflect on almost three years of Mercedes GP and the comeback kid Schumacher. What was the goal - and how much of that goal was achieved?
RB: Well, I hope that if we do achieve our ambitions, that people will reflect on the contributions that Michael has made to it. He has contributed an awful lot. Wherever we go from here Michael will always be a factor in what we have achieved. His work with the engineers and in the factory all helped to shape the team.

Q: 2013 is a transition year, but 2014 will see new opportunities with the major regulation changes meaning that everybody will start from scratch. Are you already working on the 2014 car?
RB: Yes, a little bit. But we still have some months to go on the 2013 car - that goes until February or March - and from that point on we are going to have two programs: the 2013 and the 2014 program.

Surely you know that the team and car and engine are separate things right? Sagi the driver drives the car, the engineers build the car, however some drivers need cars to be built a certain way to have any chance of going fast. Lewis doesnt have this special need whereas MS, Button, Seb, Kimi all do to a much larger extent. Eg MS has a special need for specific tyres which Pirelli didnt make. Also please see if you can find the bit below that refers to a 3 year project finishing in 2012, then see if you can equate that to the 2 separate projects mentioned above, 1 of them ofcourse is the 2014 car

considering they did what they could to lure him out of retirement.

Ross Brawn has denied reports that Mercedes will tailor its 2011 car around the driving style of Michael Schumacher.

Schumacher has endured a torrid time on his return to Formula One, the seven time world champion regularly being outqualified and outraced by young team-mate Nico Rosberg.

"We are not building a car around Michael; we just want to develop a good car," Brawn is quoted by the SID news agency. "There is no special characteristic."

Many have put the reason for his performances down to the fact that this year's machine was designed essentially for Jenson Button's preference for understeer, with Schumacher preferring a pointier front end. But Schumacher has denied this is the case.

"I cannot remember a car that was designed to a specific style of driving," said Schumacher. "The only thing is a continuous development with the drivers, which can go in certain directions. But first of all it's about making the car as fast and as efficient as possible."

Brawn also suggested that the competitiveness of next year's car will have a lot to do with "how good the Pirelli tyre is".

Schumacher's spokeswoman Sabine Kehm also hit back at suggestions made on the BBC by Eddie Jordan that he thought the German may retire at the end of the season.

"Michael has no plans to quit at the end of the year," said Kehm. "When he entered into the whole comeback scenario, he was fully informed about the situation with the car. That's why he chose it to be a three year contract -- you cannot expect to come back and win straight away in that situation.

"Obviously he would have wished that the developments to the car improved its performance more than they did. But it is a three year project to build a winning team and he is in the middle of the process."
Last edited by CookinFlat6 on 20 Nov 14, 10:05, edited 1 time in total.
Against my better judgement, you've just made me read a Daily Mail article!! :gonnagetit::wink:

The comments from some of those guys, are so full of thinly veiled hate for Hamilton, its laughable.

Exactly. The only one approaching a reasoned comment was Chandook, until he was drowned out by petty jealousy, ignorance, twisting of facts, bias , hypocrisy and as you say thinly veiled hate.

Funny, that sounds just like a few posters on here that we give the benefit of doubt to regarding their bias and complete disregard for any facts or logic

( I didnt just type out the above, its there but I didnt mean it, you dont understand it, and re reading it over and over will not change anything BECOS I DIDNT TYPE IT)
:rofl::rofl:
From someone who actually knows both on a day to day basis

This season, they're doing more than just sharing a podium by coincidence - they're fighting for the title. How did they cope when they were rivals in 2000?
"Sometimes they would argue," said Chiesa. "At that time, I think Lewis had more talent than Nico. At the end of the race, it was usually Lewis who was the winner. If he was not the winner, he was in front of Nico.
"You could see that it was easier for Lewis to reach the limit, he can brake late, he can take more speed into the corners, he can make better manoeuvres to overtake. He just has more talent. Nico was clever to understand the situation quickly and to learn from Lewis."
It's September and Hamilton has just won the Italian Grand Prix, with Rosberg second. Hamilton is understandably delighted, especially after the Spa episode, while Rosberg is happy to take the positives from finishing second.

Their old karting boss Dino Chiesa said Hamilton had more natural talent than Rosberg
Was it the same when they were kids? "Nico accepted finishing second in a race but Lewis always wanted to win," said Chiesa. "He didn't like to finish second. He was always fighting to win.
"Because Lewis knew he was the best, he wanted to be the best. For him to finish second in a race is really bad, he would be really upset. He would cry. That has happened many times, when he doesn't win."
This weekend, though, the only tears that will fall from Hamilton's face if he finishes second will be ones of joy.
By sagi58

Lewis didnt have MS as a mentor because the...

...Well done with working out the search function, till recently you didnt even know how to quote properly (or was that petaheartsagi?), now you can search, you have to work out how to find RELEVANT things from a few years back :thumbup:

I do believe that's yet another example of:
...Ad Hominem - against the person not his argument - i.e i am not answering because you are this or that, jokes would count also...

WoW!! Will you ever stop insulting others who don't repeat/paraphrase what you say?
I'm so sad for you!! Really!! :crying:
I dont insult others, merely make suggestions to those who dont learn quickly or are resistant to changing what little they know

For example, MS left Merc and didnt stay on in a management role like Nikis role. Therefore Niki is Lewis' mentor within the team, and not MS.

But you actually dont understand this at all even though I am now pointing it out for the third time, you prefer to cling to something that has no relevance at all to MS desiging the 2014 engine as you still believe

its mindboggling, several have pointed out to you MS didnt design the engine, you ignore this and cling to something I said about MS helping to mentor Lewis (not helping to mentor the engine)

You do not appear interested in learning anything, only in looking as though you do not know much :thumbup:
By sagi58
I dont insult others, merely make suggestions to those who dont learn quickly or are resistant to changing what little they know...
You do not appear interested in learning anything, only in looking as though you do not know much :thumbup:

No, you don't insult! You actually have everyone's best interests at heart. :rolleyes:
Hey, all I tried to do was point out that like a kid who just learnt his abcs, when some newly discover how to use a search funcvtion there is a chance that they start shifting arguments to match the 'info' they find and forget about the reason they did a search

Anyway this conversation would be better in the 'sagi gets schooled' thread as I am sure no one else needs to go through this again, hopefully the mods will move it all soon
By sagi58
Hey, all I tried to do was point out that like a kid who just learnt his abcs, when some newly discover how to use a search funcvtion there is a chance that they start shifting arguments to match the 'info' they find and forget about the reason they did a search

Anyway this conversation would be better in the 'sagi gets schooled' thread as I am sure no one else needs to go through this again, hopefully the mods will move it all soon

Hey, all I tried to do was to point out that while you're out looking for a sense of humour, you might want to think about your own reaction if anyone made those same comments about you. It's called "em-pa'-thy".

Anyway, considering you are the one that isn't sure/chooses not to quote/link sources of information, maybe the conversation would be better in the "monotonous dribble by CookinFlat6"!
considering they did what they could to lure him out of retirement.

this is possibly the most ignorant post in existence, I posted a link explaining why, but you obviously didnt understand it or couldnt read it

As for the evolution of the 2014, I was under the assumption that Mercedes had
been working on this car for years and years, not just the relatively short period
of time that Schumi left/Hamilton arrived. I was also under the impression that
Mercedes has been so successful because of all the years and years of hard work,
research and development they have put into this engine. Or would you have
little old me believe that it's only since Schumi left/Hamilton arrived that Mercedes
have miraculously built the best engine on the grid, this year?

Apologies, this is actually worse, its not even half baked, more like its still an embryo. Despite the links I posted, you still dont understand how and when the 2014 car was designed and built. And you still cant work out the link between the car of the 2010-2013 era, MS, Lewis and the car of the 2014 - era

:yikes::yikes::yikes:
By CookinFlat6
Well, you are the expert on ignorance and half-baked!! :thumbup:

See? I HATE stats!! :banghead:

Mea culpa!! :blush:

Thank you!! You're absolutely right, I did confuse the two! :blush:
I thought RC was "goofing" around with Brundle's name!! :banghead:
Mea culpa!!

Where do you get the 5.648 mins ?
Mea culpa!! I looked at the Qualifying times.
Thank you for correcting me! :blush:

(((note to self: do not copy and paste when you're in a rush)))

My apologies, RC... I picked up and responded to the word "ordinary" in your post;
however, I forgot to highlight it, as I'd intended! Mea culpa!!

What about the other two sites, they're in Spanish! Do you read Spanish? :wink:
I stand corrected!! Mea culpa, mea culpa!! :D

:banghead:
Mea culpa!!

Mea culpa!!

Mea culpa, mea culpa!! :D

[youtube]X18mUlDddCc[/youtube]

See our F1 related articles too!