FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
I'm not trying to beat a dead horse but a lot of the articles regarding this incident that I've read don't seem to acknowledge that kevin ward jr was the idiot walking around a race track during a race. The articles that do acknowledge it seem keen to point out that stewart caused a 15 car crash last year in which a driver sustained a back fracture. Sorry not sorry but that's $#@!*& racing. Can't handle the risks, don't $#@!*& get on the track. It's like if I let my four year old niece walk into traffic and then blamed the cars for driving down the road.
I'm not trying to beat a dead horse but a lot of the articles regarding this incident that I've read don't seem to acknowledge that kevin ward jr was the idiot walking around a race track during a race. The articles that do acknowledge it seem keen to point out that stewart caused a 15 car crash last year in which a driver sustained a back fracture. Sorry not sorry but that's $#@!*& racing. Can't handle the risks, don't $#@!*& get on the track. It's like if I let my four year old niece walk into traffic and then blamed the cars for driving down the road.

I must agree with this....what I find most confusing is they seem to be blaming Stewart because he pressed on the gas during the collision.

Isn't that an INSTINCTIVE reaction on a dirt track? When these guys are drifting the whole way, the only way you want to change course is to step on it to jump out of the current course.....if he did not step on it he might've probably smacked head on instead of the wheel kicking him out of the way. And he wasn't obligated to do anything anyway, he's racing out there not looking out for morons dancing around on the course.

I must agree with this....what I find most confusing is they seem to be blaming Stewart because he pressed on the gas during the collision.

Isn't that an INSTINCTIVE reaction on a dirt track? When these guys are drifting the whole way, the only way you want to change course is to step on it to jump out of the current course.....if he did not step on it he might've probably smacked head on instead of the wheel kicking him out of the way. And he wasn't obligated to do anything anyway, he's racing out there not looking out for morons dancing around on the course.

Yeah precisely. Everything I've read about these cars shows that you have to hit the gas to change course. And it's like when bruno senna hit a dog in gp2 or whatever, who in the world is expecting a DOG of all things to be around the next turn? Tony was likely caught completely by surprise because nobody could seriously expect to see a retard wandering around on track.

Maybe he meant to spray him with dirt for being so stupid as to be wandering about the middle of the track and it went wrong.

If that was the case then kevin deserved to get hit either way. He just kept walking closer and closer to tony's line...the $#@! did he think was going to happen? And if tony had been trying to go down inside, kevin just kept walking in giving tony less and less room to avoid him.

Like I said before, if I were a lawyer I'd go out of my way to get $$ for tony for defamation from all kinds of places.
Maybe he meant to spray him with dirt for being so stupid as to be wandering about the middle of the track and it went wrong.

If that was the case then kevin deserved to get hit either way. He just kept walking closer and closer to tony's line...the $#@! did he think was going to happen? And if tony had been trying to go down inside, kevin just kept walking in giving tony less and less room to avoid him.

If it was something like that then there'd be some sort of recklessness on Tony's part even though Kevin should never have been doing what he did.
In the south, a white cop can shoot an unarmed black man dead in the street and that's okay, but you can't accidentally run over a stoned sprint car driver that inexplicably walks onto oncoming cars, that would be murder.
In the south, a white cop can shoot an unarmed black man dead in the street and that's okay, but you can't accidentally run over a stoned sprint car driver that inexplicably walks onto oncoming cars, that would be murder.

cuz it was a white guy that died :P

cuz it was a white guy that died :P

See our F1 related articles too!