FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By racechick
I thought we needed a Christmas thread . What are you doing? Where are you going? What are you eating? What you get off Santa?
Or this can be a thread to escape to when the family get too much :D

I'm going to my sisters today. I'm cooking tonight's meal and she's doing Christmas Day.
This is mine tonight

Starter- Stilton and leek tartlets

Main- Rich rabbit casserole,
-Tartiflette
-Wild rice
- sautéed sprouts and carrots with chestnuts

Dessert- bouche noël
- lemon cheesecake

I dint know what Santa's bringing, a surprise :P
By spankyham
Main- Rich rabbit casserole....

We can't make that here, none of our rabbits have any money :)
By spankyham
What are you doing?

Visiting relatives in Oz and celebrating bringing the Ashes back where they belong

Where are you going?

Lisa's for Lunch and Tanya's for dinner

What are you eating?

Lisa's will be a gourmet all the way
Tanya's will be ridgy-didge Italian fare all the way (we are bringing our lumpiang shanghai rolls for the million or so kids that will be there)

What you get off Santa?

Well, I am hoping to get off, but I think I'd be a bit stage-struck if Santa was there at that moment.
By geetface9
I'm going to my parents' house christmas morning for the usual festivities. They live eight miles away so it's not much of a journey :hehe:
By Jabberwocky
Swmbo and I are having my in laws over for Xmas dinner. (Swmbo wants to help me cook, so that means arguments will happen) we are going to have traditional food, Turkey and beef dinner. It is the only time of the year I will allow Brussels sprouts in the house.

Christmas Tea we where going to Swmbo's brothers house so that all the cousins could play however they have an outbreak of chicken pox so not sure what we are going to do now.

Boxing day tea we are going to the in laws house they always have a buffet type affair on. Hints have been dropped that I will be doing the cooking for that as well.

I think it is safe to say for the next few days "weight loss" mode will be in the O F F position.

What do I want of Xmas... nothing really. For once Swmbo and I have managed not to let hints or clues slip. Someone to buy me a house would be nice

Sent using NCC-1701
Merry Christmas everyone!

I had a huge Christmas Dinner with friends in London, and also attended numerous parties in Blackfriars, St. Pauls and Canary Wharf.

Now I'm in Lancashire, there's already been plenty to eat and drink, and it will most certainly continue. I'm getting a few things of course, but for me, Christmas is more about the friendship, family, food, drink, laughter and good times, rather than all the materialistic add-ons and religious connotations.

I've also got a lot of work to be doing while I'm on holiday.

Hope you all have a fantastic time :thumbup::drink:
Last edited by LewEngBridewell on 24 Dec 13, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.
By geetface9
Agreed, Lew!!

I like the atmosphere. I'm wholly anti-religious and I celebrate christmas because who doesn't like getting and giving presents???????????????? And I just like the cheery atmosphere I guess
Agreed, Lew!!

I like the atmosphere. I'm wholly anti-religious and I celebrate christmas because who doesn't like getting and giving presents???????????????? And I just like the cheery atmosphere I guess

Spot on mate! 8-):thumbup:
By operaman
I'm going skiing, the conditions here are the best in decades. Besides, my fiancée lives in a strange foreign place called Iowa and my VISA is yet to be finalized. Merry Christmas to those who do and Happy Holidays to those who don't. :wavey:
By zurich_allan
I've got a busy day tomorrow... Understandable with the baby's first Christmas as everybody wants to see him!

12.00 - Round to my brother's house to see him, his wife, my two nieces and my parents. Presents and rolls with bacon, sausage etc.

15.00 - Christmas dinner at my wife's parents house with her sister etc.

19.30 - Evening party games and drinks at my cousin's house where, again, my parents will be as well as other wee cousins etc.

To top it off, it's my 33rd birthday tomorrow.... :)

Happy birthday for tomorrow mate! Hope the little'un has a blast tomorrow too :)
By zurich_allan

Happy birthday for tomorrow mate! Hope the little'un has a blast tomorrow too :)

Thank you!! :) Hope you (and everyone else on the forum) have a great day too!

Thought I'd share a little F1 related Christmas story which I like to look back on fondly.

Every Christmas time at some point when I was young, our family used to go to visit my aunt and uncle's house in Aberfeldy, as my uncle was always the star of the village pantomime (not always the lead, but always the star as he usually played the dame, and is very very witty!). My cousin was really into F1 for a time when he was in his late teens, and in 1992 when we were staying for three or four days, I discovered on the first morning when I got up at 6am (as I always used to do), that he had taped every race from that season. So in those few days I re-watched the whole of Nigel Mansell's glorious campaign, much to the annoyance of my various relatives as I frequently told them to pipe down if I couldn't hear the commentary due to their irritating conversation!! :D
By LiamCatterson
IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Me and my family are going round my gran's later today where she'll do me a great, massive Christmas dinner. Then, everyone (apart from me) will be full and will sleep whilst I play on my latest gadget and then I'll watch Doctor Who (I'm going to hate this year's :( ) whilst they watch their soaps

See our F1 related articles too!