FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
as we are on about the suject of phones, my phone bill came in today, £10 more than it normally is, so I gave them a ring to find out why, apparently I went 65mb over my data allowance. friging 10 quid for 65meg the thieving scum

The charges for running over are a horrendous, 3 are pretty good because they offer "unlimited".

They should all be unlimited now a days, especially stuff 4g connections around.

Sent from my Nexus 4
Now logged out of my chrome book....I'm at the captcha stage and am alternately cursing the Forumula 1 captcha and my chrome boom. I am growing to hate my chrome book!!!! Luckily this time I'm in on my iPad!!!!
Panic over. I've go in on all gadgets :D:D:D
Ipad advice please

I love my iPad to bits as you all know and am on it all the time, but I currently have a little problem, and it's this......

A few weeks ago I received the latest software update for my iPad but my iPad said there wasn't enough memory to do the upgrade. One friend said delete things, and I did delete a few apps; another friend( who's good with technology) said it wouldn't be necessary to do that upgrade because I only have an IPad 2 and the benefits of it were for the more recent iPads. So I haven't upgraded......
But now , my iPad has started doing a funny thing all by itself. It's started shutting down , not just closing, but right back to the black screen with the silver apple icon, the one you get if you do a hard reset( by holding down both buttons). It does this three or four times a day and always when I'm scrolling. So these are my questions.

Is this related to not doing the upgrade or is it something else?

is my iPad about to break and not work at all?

If it does break how will I get everything out of it. Like photos and passwords and notes and bookmarks.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Ipad advice please

I love my iPad to bits as you all know and am on it all the time, but I currently have a little problem, and it's this......

A few weeks ago I received the latest software update for my iPad but my iPad said there wasn't enough memory to do the upgrade. One friend said delete things, and I did delete a few apps; another friend( who's good with technology) said it wouldn't be necessary to do that upgrade because I only have an IPad 2 and the benefits of it were for the more recent iPads. So I haven't upgraded......
But now , my iPad has started doing a funny thing all by itself. It's started shutting down , not just closing, but right back to the black screen with the silver apple icon, the one you get if you do a hard reset( by holding down both buttons). It does this three or four times a day and always when I'm scrolling. So these are my questions.

If it does break how will I get everything out of it. Like photos and passwords and notes and bookmarks.

Do you have an iTunes or Apple iCloud account? You should. Once you do, connect your iPad via USB to your laptop and open iTunes. Do a backup of the iPad to iTunes (that way you have everything backed up). Once done with this and since you're having issues with the current iOS (unless your problems are hardware related, which they could) I suggest to upgrade to iOS 8.1. Since you're already connected to iTunes from the backing up step, you can do it right there and won't have to worry about having enough free space on your iPad. The space requirement only applies if you want to upgrade via Wifi since your iPad would have to download the iOS 8.1 installer (which is huge), then unzip (which makes it even huger) and then do the upgrade, so you need a minimum of around 5GB of free space. But if you do it via iTunes, it will work just fine w/o all the free space and it is actually faster as well - the upgrade process that is, no guarantee about the speeds on your oldish iPad after the upgrade though.
Thanks DD. That sounds the way to go. It was saying about 5 something or others of space needed. I don't know if I've got these accounts you mentioned, I may have joined ages ago but I don't use them. So I'll investigate that . Cheers! :thumbup::)
Be careful with updating your iPad to IOS8, when I did the upgrade, the strain on my iPad 2 was enough to break the screen... or maybe my daughter dropped it! :hehe:
Oh! Hahah. I completely missed the zipper bit! :rofl:
Ipad advice please

Do you have an iTunes or Apple iCloud account? You should. Once you do, connect your iPad via USB to your laptop and open iTunes. Do a backup of the iPad to iTunes (that way you have everything backed up). Once done with this and since you're having issues with the current iOS (unless your problems are hardware related, which they could) I suggest to upgrade to iOS 8.1. Since you're already connected to iTunes from the backing up step, you can do it right there and won't have to worry about having enough free space on your iPad. The space requirement only applies if you want to upgrade via Wifi since your iPad would have to download the iOS 8.1 installer (which is huge), then unzip (which makes it even huger) and then do the upgrade, so you need a minimum of around 5GB of free space. But if you do it via iTunes, it will work just fine w/o all the free space and it is actually faster as well - the upgrade process that is, no guarantee about the speeds on your oldish iPad after the upgrade though.

I've done that thing :D with iTunes. It's took quite a long time because I don't have a Mac. But now it's done. I'm on 8.1 software . And everything's backed up. I'll now see I fthat cutting out thing stops . Hope so!!

I've found smilies in this upgrade! Lots of them!!

Thanks for telling me what to do :thumbup:

Edit: mega panic then!! I got an error message when I tried to post :yikes: thought I could never get on the forum with this upgrade. :eek: but I took out the smilies and it worked. Phew!

See our F1 related articles too!