FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
Password books are simply one of the stupidest ideas in security in the world. It's like the Germans printing the Enigma machine algorithm on the back of all German pamphlets.

Duh! They'd write it in German so you wouldn't be able to understand them.
Password books are simply one of the stupidest ideas in security in the world. It's like the Germans printing the Enigma machine algorithm on the back of all German pamphlets.

Duh! They'd write it in German so you wouldn't be able to understand them.

Crafty bar stewards
When 3G was being rolled out many years ago, I was at a lecture with one of the guys that developed the 3GPP standards. He mentioned that a 128 bit encrypted number is larger than there are molecules in the universe. Today we routinely use 1028 bit encryption on your average Cisco VPN router.
It amazes new in the 20 years I have felt with encryption how much it has changed.

I remember having to solder the jumpers plugs that encrypted data links.

Through to what we have now. Also PKZIP is a half way decent encryption method

Sent using NCC-1701
When 3G was being rolled out many years ago, I was at a lecture with one of the guys that developed the 3GPP standards. He mentioned that a 128 bit encrypted number is larger than there are molecules in the universe. Today we routinely use 1028 bit encryption on your average Cisco VPN router.

1024 bit that is. And it's the 256 bit encrypted number that is about 10 to the power of 77, i.e., close to the estimated number of hydrogen atoms in the universe (10 to the power of 80) - 128 bits gives you 'only' 10 to the power of 38.
:thud: I no longer understand a word that is spoken in MY adventures with technology thread!! I guess that serves me right for hijacking the mobile phone thread!
:thud: I no longer understand a word that is spoken in MY adventures with technology thread!! I guess that serves me right for hijacking the mobile phone thread!

The important thing to remember is that 3G or 4G is a hellovalot, which explains why Alonso has NO NECK!!!! :coffee:
The important thing to remember is that 3G or 4G is a hellovalot, which explains why Alonso has NO NECK!!!! :coffee:

In relation to what? A giraffe? Image

Take a look, his head grows right out of his shoulders! No neck at all. Could he be a Hobbit? :confused:

See our F1 related articles too!