FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
No , not sausage fingers, it's the same button for comma and exclamation mark, but one's uppercase, and if I choose upper case the iPad sneakily switches to lower case and vice versa when I've moved further along, so I don't always notice it's done it.

I seem to have very little issue typing on an iPad. Single click the shift key for a single upper case letter, double click for PERMANENT UPPER CASE. It will automatically do it for you at the start of a sentence. See it's easy.

;)
I wil try that. So far so good.NOW IM IN CAPITALS ALL THE TIME. and now it's doing a capital at the beginning. Oh no it didn't that time. But now it does. :D:clap: it works! I think I was holding it down for capitals all the time and that doesn't work. And I think I was trying to do if at the start of a sentence myself and the iPad was doing it anyway so it cancelled out. Still not sure about these little chaps. !,!,!, just use your imagination if you see one of those .
What's an admin account?

WB, I like the Roscoe addition! I tell you want my problem is, well one problem...... I forget where the capital letters come, and the gaps, and the punctuation. By the time I've tried a few options the captcha thing arrives. I might as well give up then :( cos I know the computer is on my case and REAlly has it in for me.

With a sentence you don't need capital letters!

Well sentences start with a capital letter. And H.A.M. Has three.

H.A.M. is not a secure password, it's a small set of random letters; a better one would be 'Lewis Roscoe 2008 f*** massa' or something along those lines.
Whatever you decide RC, just make sure to post it here so we can remind you what it was when you forget it.

:thumbup: that's the best bit of advice yet!! :P
I'm glad to say my passwords these days don't even make sense anymore....if I told someone outright, they'd be like...wtf does that even mean???

Just use a random sentence. Really easy to remember, and almost impossible to hack.

Kinda like: twinkle twinkle little star? :wavey:

That's not random... you'd need something like; twinkle blue rock tinkle

One of my old passwords that I used to use on my old home PC was 'Currently I am writing my password'. There was a website that estimate the length of time to crack was about 300 years.

Edit: https://howsecureismypassword.net/ (I wouldn't recommend putting in your actual password, just one similar)

Also its apparently legal to have (but maybe not to use) software at the website you are trying to login to that stores the wrong passwords you enter. So if you use similar pws for different sites it could be possible for a dodgy site owner to use this info to try enter other sites you might use.
I'm glad to say my passwords these days don't even make sense anymore....if I told someone outright, they'd be like...wtf does that even mean???

Just use a random sentence. Really easy to remember, and almost impossible to hack.

Kinda like: twinkle twinkle little star? :wavey:

That's not random... you'd need something like; twinkle blue rock tinkle

One of my old passwords that I used to use on my old home PC was 'Currently I am writing my password'. There was a website that estimate the length of time to crack was about 300 years.

Edit: https://howsecureismypassword.net/ (I wouldn't recommend putting in your actual password, just one similar)

Also its apparently legal to have (but maybe not to use) software at the website you are trying to login to that stores the wrong passwords you enter. So if you use similar pws for different sites it could be possible for a dodgy site owner to use this info to try enter other sites you might use.

Yeah, really a web owner should be hashing your passwords.
:spaz::spaz::spaz: Actually I'd be easy to crack whatever I put in as a password :shrug:

The only one who wouldn't be able to crack if would be me!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Personal-Internet-Address-Password-Logbook/dp/1441308148/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1386443747&sr=8-2&keywords=password+book

That's what I need!! I join things, forget the name of the site and also the password. So that would be good ! I'll ask Santa! Thanks for the link Lemon. :)
No no no no no no no no no no no

I cannot stress what a bad idea that book is and how much of a joke I linked it was!
Oh! I was really going to get one :( ....why are they bad if they help you remember what you've joined and how to get on it?
Oh! I was really going to get one :( ....why are they bad if they help you remember what you've joined and how to get on it?

Picture the scene, you come home from a hard day avoiding taxes and causing havoc in multi story car parks, to find that your house has been burgled. Horrible, they stole the TV that after some fiddling cost you £3.45 and all of the Ski stuff. Disaster, but at least they can't do any more damage as you had all your cards on you at the time; however now they have a book with the passwords to your online banking, Amazon, this forum! And the only way to stop them buying £1000's of stuff is to login to Amazon and change your password, but you can't because you can't remember your password.

Password books are simply one of the stupidest ideas in security in the world. It's like the Germans printing the Enigma machine algorithm on the back of all German pamphlets.
Well. They wouldn't get my ski stuff because it's in France. And my secret book would either be hidden in a really really really good place, or with me. I've started several lists of important numbers and code words but then forgotten where they are. Life with electronics is so tricky!!

See our F1 related articles too!