FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By sagi58
I don't mind the facilitating of education. I spent some time instructing in the military. The thing that puts me off becoming a teacher is dealing with kids. Does that get easier with the older they get?

I could never and would never teach the little ones!! Nope!! No way!! Uh-Uh!!
I've taught Grades 2, 3, 4 and currently Grade 5. Have to say, I love Grade 5!
Great age, great curriculum, great teaching partner, great school!!
What more could I want?

I taught Grade 5 for 3 years. They throw up too much. :yikes:

Isn't that amazing?? I love that they actually get my jokes!!
Well, most of them, anyway, as I do tone it down for them!! :D
By sagi58
p.s. Teaching is not a profession... it's a vocation... :wavey:

Some of it's critics would call it a vacation, a well paid one at that. :nono:

They would be those that never learnt how to spell because they were too busy goofing around in class because they "knew" it all!! :yes:
By operaman
I don't mind the facilitating of education. I spent some time instructing in the military. The thing that puts me off becoming a teacher is dealing with kids. Does that get easier with the older they get?

I could never and would never teach the little ones!! Nope!! No way!! Uh-Uh!!
I've taught Grades 2, 3, 4 and currently Grade 5. Have to say, I love Grade 5!
Great age, great curriculum, great teaching partner, great school!!
What more could I want?

I taught Grade 5 for 3 years. They throw up too much. :yikes:

Isn't that amazing?? I love that they actually get my jokes!!
Well, most of them, anyway, as I do tone it down for them!! :D

I enjoyed Grade 5, but consider this .... 25 years of 6,7,8 and no throw-ups. On my first day of grade 5, I had a kid spew ... twice. :yellowyikes:
By sagi58
I enjoyed Grade 5, but consider this .... 25 years of 6,7,8 and no throw-ups. On my first day of grade 5, I had a kid spew ... twice. :yellowyikes:

I guess your luck ran out, after all it had to happen, sooner or later, no? :rofl:
By operaman

They would be those that never learnt how to spell because they were too busy goofing around in class because they "knew" it all!! :yes:

Sounds like Rob Ford! :hehe:
By sagi58

At least he's not writing provincial laws, at the moment!! :D
By operaman

I guess your luck ran out, after all it had to happen, sooner or later, no? :rofl:

It was actually kind of funny. I said, "Class, now it's time for Math." The kid threw up all over his desk. I said, "That was uncalled for, it's not like we are going to do fractions." He spewed again. Meanwhile the rest of the class was looking kinda green, so I took them outside, until clean-up was done. School custodians, very undervalued. :clap:
By operaman

At least he's not writing provincial laws, at the moment!! :D

He was being considered as a potential candidate for the Conservatives. He could be our next Minister of Education. :bs:
By sagi58
He was being considered as a potential candidate for the Conservatives. He could be our next Minister of Education. :bs:

Considering his "history", that's not likely to happen!!
Mind you, stranger things have happened in politics!! :yikes:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I think it depends, some things would likely get easier, some more difficult. When I'm lecturing or taking tutorials for our new first year undergrads each year, a large proportion of them are still very much in that immature 'school mode', and seem to think of classes with a pupil / teacher mentality, which is usually gone from them by the end of their first year. I much prefer teaching adults.
I think I am a worse students as an adult than I was as a child. I am more likely to say "nope your wrong" now where as a child I was too gullible

By operaman

I think it depends, some things would likely get easier, some more difficult. When I'm lecturing or taking tutorials for our new first year undergrads each year, a large proportion of them are still very much in that immature 'school mode', and seem to think of classes with a pupil / teacher mentality, which is usually gone from them by the end of their first year. I much prefer teaching adults.

An interesting point. I really enjoyed teaching Junior High. The fact that they didn't accept what you said as gospel just because you were a teacher, kept me on my
toes. In my retirement, I have had the opportunity to teach digital photography to adults and I have found them remarkably similar to work with .... challenging and enjoyable. :wavey:
By sagi58
I was always sure I'd end up teaching high school "someday"; but, right now,
I'm where I need to be! We've got so many young people who get off on the
wrong foot right from the start and that's what I was meant to work on.
By Big Azza
For me I don't really have any massive moments where I remember where I was. For 9/11 we didn't have a TV so I only learned all the details in the weeks following, and remember making a big scene at school thinking the world was going to blow up...

But other than that - I'm not really affected by what happens in the news. I do always fear for the next "big news event." But whenever it happens, e.g. Nelson Mandela last week - it just doesn't interest me or personally affect me. In a way - I feel underwhelmed (not that I'm wishing for anything bad to happen, but I always imagine that I''l be affected yet my response is always underwhelming).

But see, I think I live a very sheltered life - e.g. no one close to me has ever died. I have a very small friend's circle, which in a way is a damage limitation. It's the only tribulation I can never relate to: I can never say to someone "I know how you feel."

In a way - I'm a bit of a sociopath... I don't understand feelings too well... For instance I don't "love" my family - they seem to just be other people who live on this planet.

I can also remember being quite shaken up over the deaths of Wheldon and Simoncelli - but then, I wasn't following those sports so after a week or so I usually forget about it.

If (heaven forbid [[for want of a better phrase]]), Vettel was to die... I'm sure that would be a "where were you when... " moment.

What I distinctly remember though, was that the world changed in 2001, and it seemed to be much rosier before 9/11 - and I guess it was a very big turning point in an innocent 11 year-old's life, seeing how cruel the world can be...

---

EDIT: Actually, I do remember one "where were you" moment... When Australia finally qualified for the FIFA World Cup on November 16, 2005. I remember Schwarzer's 2 penalty saves and John Aloisi running around with his shirt off like it was yesterday... No surprises - I was watching it on TV in my living room. But it was also the day my ex-stepfather threw us out on the street and I left my beloved Tasmania to settle in Queanbeyan where Mark Webber is from...
By elfinitty
Interesting to think....Actually my memory is quite strong about events so I have plenty,but some are of course more effective.

The first big event in my mind is the earthquake happened in Turkey in 1999,I was around 4 years of age then,I remember my mom or dad holding me,it was dark and we were in kitchen and i was staring outside of the window while the other one was trying to fetch some stuff we will need for the rest of the night and how everyone gathered for the next days,also I saw many tents for people to stay as we were traveling to a safer place.

The seconds one is Sep 11,I was back from school and we were at our neighbors' I saw stuff on TV and it truly scared me.

I can remember Michael Jackson's death,I saw a thread on a forum I used to write in:''Michael Jackson :( '' and I understood what happened right then,what made me even sadder was how I was talking to my friend with him a few days before that.

Another thing that I will always have in my mind is the riot happened here in May 31&June 1 I won't ever forget seeing thousands of people outside and walking for their rights at 3 AM without even planning at all.

See our F1 related articles too!