FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By sagi58
Ahhhhh, of course. I should have known there would be after all the school staff gatherings I have attended. Btw .... did you take up a collection for "poor" Rob Ford who forgot to pay the fees for his precious football team. :rofl:

Nope!! But, we did take a special one up for the Phillipines!! :D
By operaman
Ahhhhh, of course. I should have known there would be after all the school staff gatherings I have attended. Btw .... did you take up a collection for "poor" Rob Ford who forgot to pay the fees for his precious football team. :rofl:

Good for you and your staff. I forget ... are you not a teacher? :confused:
By sagi58

What makes you think I'm not? :D

((p.s. the entire student body donated, too!! :wavey: ))
By operaman

What makes you think I'm not? :D

((p.s. the entire student body donated, too!! :wavey: ))

I thought you were one of us, I just couldn't remember. Several concussions have affected my memory, oddly none from hockey. Well, I think none were from hockey .... can't remember for sure. :hehe:
By sagi58
I thought you were one of us, I just couldn't remember. Several concussions have affected my memory, oddly none from hockey. Well, I think none were from hockey .... can't remember for sure. :hehe:

We are a special breed, ain't we?? haha...

And, you're hilarious... which is a survival strategy in our field!!
By operaman

We are a special breed, ain't we?? haha...

And, you're hilarious... which is a survival strategy in our field!!

I was a teacher in Brampton for 28 years and loved it. Having a sense of humour was essential for my sanity .... and for my students. :hehe:
By sagi58
I was a teacher in Brampton for 28 years and loved it. Having a sense of humour was essential for my sanity .... and for my students. :hehe:

I'm in North York; but, came to teaching after 2 other careers,
so I've only been at it for about 15 years!

And, we all have a good ""belly"" laugh, at least once a day!! :wavey:
I don't mind the facilitating of education. I spent some time instructing in the military. The thing that puts me off becoming a teacher is dealing with kids. Does that get easier with the older they get?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
It's a noble profession. The best teachers are those that can influence kids thinking not just teach them a curriculum.
By operaman
I don't mind the facilitating of education. I spent some time instructing in the military. The thing that puts me off becoming a teacher is dealing with kids. Does that get easier with the older they get?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

It depends on your own personality. I loved teaching Jr. High, but found High School kids boring, and was deathly afraid of the Munchkins. :)
By operaman
It's a noble profession. The best teachers are those that can influence kids thinking not just teach them a curriculum.

Good point and I think most teachers feel the same way. Unfortunately most of the decisions in education come from outside the classroom, politicians at various levels. Curriculum is much easier for simple minds to understand, and if you can base teacher performance on curriculum centered test results ...... well hooray.
By sagi58

I could never and would never teach the little ones!! Nope!! No way!! Uh-Uh!!
I've taught Grades 2, 3, 4 and currently Grade 5. Have to say, I love Grade 5!
Great age, great curriculum, great teaching partner, great school!!
What more could I want?
By sagi58

Good point and I think most teachers feel the same way. Unfortunately most of the decisions in education come from outside the classroom, politicians at various levels. Curriculum is much easier for simple minds to understand, and if you can base teacher performance on curriculum centered test results ...... well hooray.

Let me add that because Education and Health Care do not generate an income for the government in the form of taxes,
neither are seen for what they are: an investment in the future. Both are considered expenses and both are constantly
on the chopping block whenever governments need to tighten their expenditures belt!!

p.s. Teaching is not a profession... it's a vocation... :wavey:
By operaman

I could never and would never teach the little ones!! Nope!! No way!! Uh-Uh!!
I've taught Grades 2, 3, 4 and currently Grade 5. Have to say, I love Grade 5!
Great age, great curriculum, great teaching partner, great school!!
What more could I want?

I taught Grade 5 for 3 years. They throw up too much. :yikes:
By operaman

Let me add that because Education and Health Care do not generate an income for the government in the form of taxes,
neither are seen for what they are: an investment in the future. Both are considered expenses and both are constantly
on the chopping block whenever governments need to tighten their expenditures belt!!

p.s. Teaching is not a profession... it's a vocation... :wavey:

Some of it's critics would call it a vacation, a well paid one at that. :nono:

See our F1 related articles too!