FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By sagi58

Today (November 11th) is Remembrance Day in Canada.

This video never fails to make me cry:

[youtube]2kX_3y3u5Uo[/youtube]

On November 11, 1999 Terry Kelly was in a drug store in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
At 10:55 AM an announcement came over the stores PA asking customers who would
still be on the premises at 11:00 AM to give two minutes of silence in respect to the
veterans who have sacrificed so much for us.

Terry was impressed with the stores leadership role in adopting the Legions two minutes
of silence initiative. He felt that the stores contribution of educating the public to the
importance of remembering was commendable.

When eleven o'clock arrived on that day, an announcement was again made asking for
the two minutes of silence to commence. All customers, with the exception of a man
who was accompanied by his young child, showed their respect.

Terry's anger towards the father for trying to engage the stores clerk in conversation
and for setting a bad example for his child was channeled into a beautiful piece of work
called, A Pittance of Time.
By Jabberwocky
...we will remember them.

This is the picture I was going to put in the patterns photo comp but used it as my profile pic instead.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By racechick
They are breathtaking. I'd love to go and see them. I think they get removed soon. One of the most beautiful art works I've seen. Incredible.
By Jabberwocky
They are trying to extend how long they are there. There is a big movement in the veterans groups pushing for it
By LRW
They are trying to extend how long they are there. There is a big movement in the veterans groups pushing for it

Yeah I read about that this morning. I think it would be good to keep them there for a bit longer. (but not too long, I want my poppy lol)

How long are they pushing for? Until Xmas? I know there is still massive demand to see it. I wish I could of got up there in time to see it first hand.
By racechick
I hope they do extend. If they do I'd try to go down for the day and ties it in with some Christmas shopping.
By sagi58
The beauty of this installation leaves me with very few words.

Just stunning! Thank you for sharing!
By Jabberwocky
I am off to the church and then the local parade.

Then the obligatory pint in the local British Legion. It is the only time the average age in the bar falls below 70.
By Jabberwocky
All ready for their day out tomorrow.

The 4 on the left are SWMBO'S grandads, so she is going to wear them. They will be the 1st time they will have been paraded.

In fact 2 hours ago they where mounted in a picture frame where they had been for the last 30 years. So I have impovised a mount for them from cardboard, needle, thread, and safety pins.

I thought my evening of sowing was over. I need to add a mentioned in dispatch to on of his medals.
By racechick
You'll have to post a picture Jab of you both on the parade. :yes:

See our F1 related articles too!