FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
I used a self checkout the other days and it said "attendant has been notified to assist you", I was only buying toothpaste and mouthwash... apparently I need ID to buy mouthwash!
Well, i'd got myself some 'bags for life' which i suspect are not really for life but are slightly more durable and cost 6p instead of 5p. Got my shopping and got round to the self checkout pleased that i wasnt going to have to wait for/get the attention of the bag kid. But it turns out the slightly sturdier bags for life set off the self checkout telling me 'unexpected item in the bagging area' and i had to wait on the bag kid coming over to sort that out before i could start, same thing happened with my second bag.

Wonder what other ways i can find to require assistance at a self checkout.
Well, i'd got myself some 'bags for life' which i suspect are not really for life but are slightly more durable and cost 6p instead of 5p. Got my shopping and got round to the self checkout pleased that i wasnt going to have to wait for/get the attention of the bag kid. But it turns out the slightly sturdier bags for life set off the self checkout telling me 'unexpected item in the bagging area' and i had to wait on the bag kid coming over to sort that out before i could start, same thing happened with my second bag.

Have your weenie hang out your pants should get you some attention - worst case scenario you get arrested, best case they all laugh at you (or is it the other way around with best and worst?) 8-):twisted:

Have your weenie hang out your pants should get you some attention - worst case scenario you get arrested, best case they all laugh at you (or is it the other way around with best and worst?) 8-):twisted:

'Hairy onions not recognised, please wait for assistance'

'Hairy onions not recognised, please wait for assistance'

Wasn't it going to become law to charge for bags?

As for self service, I have found they are fine as long as I can use it on my own.

Scan item, place item in the shopping area, wait for weight light to go green. Next item.

However once you have more than 1 pair of hands doing it. Stress and murder will follow.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
However once you have more than 1 pair of hands doing it. Stress and murder will follow.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

What? You stand on one foot and use your other foot to speed up things?
This may well cause some stress in your spine and if you fall over and crush a toddler to death, yes, this could be followed by murder charges... :eek:
Wasn't it going to become law to charge for bags?

Is it still to happen south of the border?

Its a bit unclear, its not exactly a tax, the takings from the 5p charge go to a charity of the shops choice which im sure is open to a few scams, and small businesses are exempt from making the charge but it seems that some small shops still charge you.

Edit: i may be wrong about small businesses being exempt, not sure where i read that.
We're heading towards a Federal Election, here in Canada!!

In the meantime, we're inundated with some pretty negative ads.

The Conservatives are running a "look at him, did you hear what he said, do you know what he did" negative
campaign in order to make Trudeau/the Liberals look bad, rather than making more promises or reminding
us of "all the great" accomplishments of their present term in office.

See our F1 related articles too!