FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By elfinitty
This thread looks so relevant to me right now because I had a strange dream a few nights ago,actually in the early morning as sun was just rising I had this dream:I was at school and we were about to leave.Then someone said that there were going to be policemen at the school buses.I was happy about that.I walked out of the school and went in the school bus,it wasn't the bus in real life that I take,it was rather huge and it had bed and sofas in it.So we were sitting and some girls(none of them was people that actually exist) were very scared.I asked them why.One of them said:"On the way we take back home,a criminal happened,a few people were killed." I started to shake and a girl was being nice and she told me not to worry about it so we started to chat with her about things like school,classes,exams etcetera.There was a strange man in the bus he was staring at everyone and he had a dress which made it obvious that he escaped from mental hospital.He was muttering stuff but they made no sense,not even real words.I looked at his dress more carefully and I realized there were blood stains on it.I was like:"Sh*t what a luck,the murderer they are looking for is in our bus" Then I left the bus at a place(it actually exists) that I pass everyday,it's close to my school but far to my house.I started to wait for a public bus there.My sister was next to me.I looked back and saw the same man,but this time his dress was normal,pants and a jacket but I could still see a part of the dress he wore in mental hospital.I had my arm around my sister,as if I was protecting her and I said:"don't look back,he is there." Then the bus came,I went in it but this time my best friend was with me,we were like:"we should find two empty seats next to each other." But there weren't two seats like that so we took the two seats that were opposed to each other.i looked carefully to make sure that the man wasn't there and yeah he wasn't.i was like:"I got scared for nothing" we were at a place outside of the city(but we had just left somewhere in the middle of the city so it's impossible in real life lol).then I turned around and that man was there again but he was walking to the window and smiling.everyone was looking at him and then he went outside of the window.there was a girl(she was my best friend in primary school and I haven't seen her for 7 years) who was sitting she put her head against the window and she was still inside of the bus.so everyone started to laugh.i was shocked,that meant the man had superpowers.then I saw some cats outside of the window that was very irrelevant to the rest of the dream but yeah I did.then I woke
up and the first thing I thought:"how can dreams last about only a minute?this was like as if it lasted for hours." And I was really scared to even get out of my bed,now telling it that doesn't really sound scary but I don't remember feeling that scared in a recent time.
By sagi58
My attempt at "interpreting" your dream:

Is there something you're feeling "afraid" or guilty about?

If there is something that is "scaring" you in your daily life (e.g., exams, starting a new job,
public presentation, etc.) it might be your sub-conscious trying to allay your "fears"?

OR... Is there something you've done or said that you know you shouldn't have? Maybe it's
your conscience not being clear? Because it would seem that no matter where you are and
no matter who you are with, your conscience (the man) seems to be following you.

((NO, I am NOT a pro at this!!))
By elfinitty
It surprised me that I haven't even talked about it at all on here but yes you are right,there is something that scares me and another thing about it makes me feel guilty.I have exams to enter college next year,it kinda scares me and I think I don't study enough,I just don't want to.So every time I do something else,I feel guilty,I'm always like :"I should be revising." I have always been the person with academic success,in my whole family's mind but now I just don't work hard at all and I'm not happy with that.so the man in my dream might have been my fears about exams.now they don't leave me in my sleep,the only place I think someone can actually be in peace :/
By 1Lemon
I just don't want to.So every time I do something else,I feel guilty,I'm always like :"I should be revising."

Welcome to the Human condition, I'd find you a chair but I can't be bothered unless I'm paid.
By sagi58
...I have exams to enter college next year,it kinda scares me and I think I don't study enough,I just don't want to.So every time I do something else,I feel guilty,I'm always like :"I should be revising." I have always been the person with academic success,in my whole family's mind but now I just don't work hard at all and I'm not happy with that...

You might want to explore your options!

i) you might like to organize your time to include free/fun time and time to work/study;
ii) if you are going to college "just" to make your family happy/proud, you may need to sit down with them and tell them how you feel;
iii) you can look at doing some sort of co-op work/apprenticeship in the field you are interested in to determine if that's really what you want;

Regardless of what you choose to do "now", you can always change your career path later on!! :wavey:
By Hammer278
It surprised me that I haven't even talked about it at all on here but yes you are right,there is something that scares me and another thing about it makes me feel guilty.I have exams to enter college next year,it kinda scares me and I think I don't study enough,I just don't want to.So every time I do something else,I feel guilty,I'm always like :"I should be revising." I have always been the person with academic success,in my whole family's mind but now I just don't work hard at all and I'm not happy with that.so the man in my dream might have been my fears about exams.now they don't leave me in my sleep,the only place I think someone can actually be in peace :/

Hey elf! I can relate to that....everytime I'm chatting, hanging out, socializing, coming on to these forums :hehe: I do feel that regret that I'm not studying hard enough for the cfa. I'm currently a student too so I totally get what you're saying.

I basically try and trick myself into shutting down everything around me and getting to work with 2 ways....1 is the popular one, motivation. I look at material items which I lust after in the near future and gee myself up telling myself to forget it if I don't get started RIGHT NOW. You know, cars, houses, and the like.

The 2nd trick is a bit less popular...MUSIC. I read about it somewhere and it totally works! Not just listening to any music, but 1 particular song, or video just before you open your books....just make it so that you watch a clip online (the same one) just before you stop leisure, begin study. For the past 2-3 weeks now my clip has been Tainted Love by M Manson. Yeah it sounds nuts, but the psychology behind it isn't what the song is about or who sung that sh*t but your cognitive memory telling you "ok bro time's up, now for the next step". It's amazing, if I listen to the clip right now, I can get started right away. Something like your tummy telling you you're hungry at lunchtime (even if you're not necessarily craving for food!).

Experiment...tell me if it works!
By elfinitty
...I have exams to enter college next year,it kinda scares me and I think I don't study enough,I just don't want to.So every time I do something else,I feel guilty,I'm always like :"I should be revising." I have always been the person with academic success,in my whole family's mind but now I just don't work hard at all and I'm not happy with that...

You might want to explore your options!

i) you might like to organize your time to include free/fun time and time to work/study;
ii) if you are going to college "just" to make your family happy/proud, you may need to sit down with them and tell them how you feel;
iii) you can look at doing some sort of co-op work/apprenticeship in the field you are interested in to determine if that's really what you want;

Regardless of what you choose to do "now", you can always change your career path later on!! :wavey:

Yes I actually try to do that but i just can't get to start working sometimes or I get tired/bored too quickly!To be honest,I don't want to go to college just because of what my family would think,I also want to,myself.i can't think of any field I'm interested in right now,I can't seem to decide what I want to study at college so this is another problem for me! But thanks for your opinions :D

Hey elf! I can relate to that....everytime I'm chatting, hanging out, socializing, coming on to these forums :hehe: I do feel that regret that I'm not studying hard enough for the cfa. I'm currently a student too so I totally get what you're saying.

I basically try and trick myself into shutting down everything around me and getting to work with 2 ways....1 is the popular one, motivation. I look at material items which I lust after in the near future and gee myself up telling myself to forget it if I don't get started RIGHT NOW. You know, cars, houses, and the like.

The 2nd trick is a bit less popular...MUSIC. I read about it somewhere and it totally works! Not just listening to any music, but 1 particular song, or video just before you open your books....just make it so that you watch a clip online (the same one) just before you stop leisure, begin study. For the past 2-3 weeks now my clip has been Tainted Love by M Manson. Yeah it sounds nuts, but the psychology behind it isn't what the song is about or who sung that sh*t but your cognitive memory telling you "ok bro time's up, now for the next step". It's amazing, if I listen to the clip right now, I can get started right away. Something like your tummy telling you you're hungry at lunchtime (even if you're not necessarily craving for food!).

Experiment...tell me if it works!

I try to do that too,I just think how happy I'd be if I see a good result on the paper,how relaxed id be this summer and how good my future would be but you know,sometimes it's hard to get started!when I saw "music" I thought you were going to say "listen to music while you revise" :D a lot of people I know do that but it distracts me,I concentrate on the music instead!But what you say seems interesting,I'll give it a try.Thanks so much for helping :)
By Hammer278
Had a 3-phase dream last night which was insane....3 awesome things to happen in one night's dream, and you wake up like "oh man..."

In order (yes I DO recall the order!)

Just before I slept I recall thinking about how much a Lambo will cost to rent/lease for just a week....and what are the TnCs attached to it....

1) And guess what!! It's exactly what I dream about, I get myself a black Lambo Murcielago for a week only paying CHF1200 (for some reason I'm back in switzerland) and the guy is like 'hey you gotta return this by 6pm next week in 7 days' I'm like yeah sure no problem and drive off.

2) Meeting Maynard Keenan at his awesome house and for some reason he's my German tutor (WTF) and we're having a lesson while drinking one of his finest wines (and I can tell he's kinda stoned)...and then I find out it's almost 6pm and it's turn to return my Lambo to the shop. And I start panicking like SH*T man I gotta return this car, and Maynard's all like no worries I'll give you a ride...and I'm like hey can you even drive right now? lol

I wake up (still dark out)...and there's mixed feelings about 'damn I had a Lambo, but thank God I escaped the penalty fees for returning it late'

...and go back to sleep.

3) Merc offer me a chance to test one of their cars in the sim and Lewis is all like "hahaha man you can't do this man don't even bother bro" and I'm all like stfu and watch me (but it's all friendly banter) and I kinda do ok, not completely stuffing up but not setting the track alight either...and some Merc staff watching were going 'not bad.....' but I could tell I wasn't doing anything special.

I wake up to reality and go....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
By 3double8
I love dreams, and I love trying to remember them.

Will post more here, so stay tuned. :D

It's a family forum, remember. :wink:

Well that sucks. I've been having a couple of weird dreams because well... dry spell.
By racechick
Elfie, have you been watching any scary movies lately? I sometimes find the scared feeling from the movie can stay with me and mix in with real things in a dream. Your dream made me think of jeepers creepers 2 which scares me silly. It had The school bus, the scary man wearing a dress with superpowers and that feeling of menace. Just a thought.
By Hammer278

Well that sucks. I've been having a couple of weird dreams because well... dry spell.

WB was kidding, please do contribute. :)
By racechick

WB was kidding, please do contribute. :)

:rofl::rofl: too late. Hammer, WB's blown it for you now.
By Hammer278
:( WB reminds me of that dad in American Pie...an all round cool guy but one heck of a c**kblocker. :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!