FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
I think that is what everyone is saying RC. iOS is easier to use for the less tech savvy person. Where as most of the people who replied about Android being geeks and tinkers.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
You can do depending on your contract and or if you are pay as you go. Not everyone gets them posted to them for fun lol

I only pay £8 a month for my contract, would be way more if I got the iPhone on contract. So my contract is sim only...well in fact it isn't its a contract I got with that stupid Samsung that had no internal memory. A man in a phone shop cut the sim down so it fits in the iPhone.

Yeah I get what your saying Jab about the techies preferring Android.
By RyRy
I don't understand half the stuff you're talking about and I don't have my iPhone because of a cult status, I have it because it works. It does what I want it to do , and its easy to figure things out. It wasn't that expensive because it isn't the latest model, it's an iPhone 5c and was about £330. Well ok that is expensive, it was an Xmas present, but those android ones can be more.

Well the specs and abilities of the latest iPhone in can be bought in an Android £200 easily, the higher end Android phones have even more of the specification front.
Wait, let me get this straight... You guys actually buy phones? :hehe:

I but my phones, it works out cheaper than contracts for me the amount of texts/calls and data I use. It also means my phone doesn't have a bunch of carrier apps pre-installed or locked to a specific carrier.

I'm with Three (3) and my tarrif is stupidly cheap comparing it to other providers.

Data costs 1p per megabyte and every time you update you get 150mb that has thirty days to be used.
Texts costs 2p
Calls costs 3p a minute

If you do the maths for light users that's relatively cheap and also over a year because I'm not forced to use it up in 30 days I can comfortably choose as I wish for example some months I might not use my phone much at all, some months I might use it more...

For the majority of phone users this would work out cheaper, the next cheapest route is EE's monthly packs which are the cheapest... after that the next best for contracts I think is still just about Three however for families who contact each other a lot they should probably use giffgaff as they offer some great family deals.
I used to use giff gaff as a business phone. When I used to sell second hand mobile phones. I would always pop a giff gaff sim card into the package. I never paid for any of my calls then

By RyRy
I used to use giff gaff as a business phone. When I used to sell second hand mobile phones. I would always pop a giff gaff sim card into the package. I never paid for any of my calls then

EE have by far the best network as they are a result of T-Mobile and Orange merging, there are like ten other providers that use the EE network like Virgin, co-op, ASDA and several others.

If you're wanting the best coverage then EE are one of the best for that.

While Three (3) is cheap their coverage is pretty sketchy... If you stay in a certain area a lot and they have coverage it's worth using them. They are joint best for 3g coverage but last for 4g coverage

As for o2, who share their network with giffgaff and Tesco their network is even worse than Three's for 3g coverage but better twice as good for 4g coverage

Lastly but not least Vodafone, their coverage is the worst for 3g but better for 4g than a threes

A lot of people don't realise how important the right provider is, If you're connecting to a provider who has awful coverage your battery life will suffer
I am with EE/Orange and have been since I first got my own mobile.

The Giff gaff number was for business use and pay as you go. They would give from memory £5 credit for someone using a sim card that you supplied to them.

See our F1 related articles too!