FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By sagi58
It is the same phone sagi just half is twisted around

What? :clap: One phone, two variations??
And... it works in both positions? :clap:

Edit: the link takes me to a page where the text looks like this:
ハート型のキュートなデザインとギミックの
ココロトキメクケータイ、Heart 401ABの発売について

ワイモバイル株式会社および株式会社ウィルコム沖縄は、Heart 401AB(株式会社エイビット製)を、2015年3月下旬より発売いたします。
Heartは「ファッションやオシャレに敏感で、こだわりのあるアイテムや流行を先取りするような女性に持ってもらいたい」という思いをコンセプトにしたデザインケータイです。女性の手にもしっかりフィットする、軽くてコンパクトなボディサイズや、持ちやすいラウンドフォルムを採用しました。また、待受時にはハート型、使用時にはストレート型に変形させて使用する、キュートなデザインとギミックを搭載。ディテールや操作性にもこだわり、タッチセンサーやボディに浮かび上がる液晶表示などにより、洗練された質感がより一層引き立ちます。

so, I did a search and found this: http://www.gsmarena.com/heart_401ab_is_ ... -10844.php
Apparently, it's only available in Japan and it can only make phone calls. siiigh...
By RyRy
Still on my 2 year old Nexus 4... and yet it's still better than the latest iPhone.

I'm running Android 5.0.2, rooted with a few minor mods.

It's still snappy, can run everything with no problems, not a single thing wrong with it and it's still in mint condition.

Mint condition even though I've dropped it hundreds of times... all protected by a bumper and the back has a dbrand skin on it.

I don't think I'll be upgrading any time soon.... if I do update it'll probably be to the latest nexus or a Samsung although if I switch now I'd go for the LG G3 which is a beautifully phone, possibly the best out at the moment.

A friend of mine has gone through 6 phones in the last two years, he refused to listen to me when I told him to get the Nexus 4 or Nexus 5 as it would suit him and he finally gave in and absolutely loves the phone
By sagi58
...if I do update it'll probably be to the latest nexus or a Samsung although if I switch now I'd go for the LG G3 which is a beautifully phone, possibly the best out at the moment...

Just took a quick peak... My provider carries it and, it comes in purple...
I think you just sold me a new phone!! :thumbup:
By RyRy
...if I do update it'll probably be to the latest nexus or a Samsung although if I switch now I'd go for the LG G3 which is a beautifully phone, possibly the best out at the moment...

PURPLE!?

This Google Nexus 4 (made by LG) has treated me well so in the future I don't mind going back to LG.

The G3 looks like a decent phone, I've not checked any reviews or the XDA forums (I read the forums and make sure it's got plenty of others getting it to make sure there are plenty of developers working on custom ROMs.

It's specs are up to scratch, price doesn't look too bad to me, it's got a lovely camera and screen (from my reading) and it looks alright.

Checkout reviews and the xda forum before you get an android phone.
By sagi58

PURPLE!?

:yes:

I just adoring my iphone :cloud9: it does what I expect It to, except it's a little female about what it will discuss with the iPad and what it wants to keep secret. Like photos , it's not too keen on sharing photos. Emails it's fine with. Messages it's fine with . Twitter it loves to share and beeps away like mad. Contacts are tricky, it lets you think it's sharing then it goes and gets secretive and won't let you access a contact you know is in there somewhere. But it feels lovely and smooth, so nice in my hand,mand it's memory is to die for. No more messages saying ' you have no internal memory to upgrade this very basic app' so I forgive it it's odd quirkiness. MUST NOT LET THIS PHONE GO IN THE WASHING MACHINE, DOWN THE TOILET OR LOST ON THE SLOPES!!
I hate iPhones, hate, hate, hate.

Tell us how you really feel why don't you? ;-)

Personally, I am apathetic to the iPhone/Pad/Pod, it's just not for me, it's too restrictive and closed for my liking, but most smartphone users are happy to have no/little control over the look and feel of their device!

Why? I know they're expensive comparitavely to your garden variety Android device but given OS development and hardware advancements I can no longer see a trully valid reason to root a device given the headaches associated and the fact that they're meaningless to the average user.
As I have said before I always think of the Android/iOS battle is the same as the PC/Console battle in the 90's.

You could buy a game for the PC and it might not work. Or it might work if you managed to sort out all the settings right. Where as iOS is plug and play you know it will work out of the box.

Personally I prefer the openness of Android's apps to any programmer who is willing to put the time in to program it. It might not be as smooth or clinical as Apple but I like the character of it.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
I admire the Apple company, even though I'd never use anything from them except the iPod nano. Great marketing skills and creating a 'cult' thingy which gives them repeat customers (probably for life). And they manage to achieve this even though their devices are grossly overpriced and not even market leaders in terms of performance.
By RyRy

Tell us how you really feel why don't you? ;-)

Personally, I am apathetic to the iPhone/Pad/Pod, it's just not for me, it's too restrictive and closed for my liking, but most smartphone users are happy to have no/little control over the look and feel of their device!

I hate being restricted, I like freedom, I like making my own tweaks/mods, I like customization, I love open source, I like collaboration work... yeah

The Android operating system is far superior now a days to that of iOS and just look at the latest iPhone it's only just got features that Android has had for 3+ years...

Why? I know they're expensive comparitavely to your garden variety Android device but given OS development and hardware advancements I can no longer see a trully valid reason to root a device given the headaches associated and the fact that they're meaningless to the average user.

Comparing a flagship iOS against a cheap Android phone is not a good or fair comparison. Those cheap Android phones are shocking. You compare anything above a Nexus 4 and they match and exceed iOS devices and have the same amount of problems as iOS devices.

Rooting a device still gives you access to a plethora of programs, tools, abilities and obviously the freedom to have a phone looking exactly how you like it.

People love to tweak and push their devices beyond what they are sold for, if you can squeeze out an extra 20% battery from removing HTC Sense for example why not... some people like HTC Sense some don't.

Where as with ios you have to put up with it...

As I have said before I always think of the Android/iOS battle is the same as the PC/Console battle in the 90's.

You could buy a game for the PC and it might not work. Or it might work if you managed to sort out all the settings right. Where as iOS is plug and play you know it will work out of the box.

Personally I prefer the openness of Android's apps to any programmer who is willing to put the time in to program it. It might not be as smooth or clinical as Apple but I like the character of it.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I can say I've never had issues with games on Pc's in the late 90s and I was only nine in 1999 so I don't know how others had problems.

My phone is plug and play or the box but I chose to root it to do things like mount external hard drives, install apps to remove certain system apps i never use... etc.

It's got plenty of power under it and can run any Android game or app flawlessly. No problems at all.
By RyRy
Speaking of iPhones I have a party broken one sitting on my desk that needs the Wi-Fi chip to be reflowed.

By the way my gpu that was reflowed about 6 months ago is still working and going strong.
I don't understand half the stuff you're talking about and I don't have my iPhone because of a cult status, I have it because it works. It does what I want it to do , and its easy to figure things out. It wasn't that expensive because it isn't the latest model, it's an iPhone 5c and was about £330. Well ok that is expensive, it was an Xmas present, but those android ones can be more.

See our F1 related articles too!