FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
So... are Elizabeth Warren's motives completely altruistic?
Oh, wait, she's a politician!

So do you know a lot about Elizabeth Warren to be making these types of comments about her?

It's a valid question followed by a statement of fact enveloped in a good dose of sarcasm.

I happen to believe she's one of the good 'uns...

With a liberal dose of irony given her current avatar. I personally try to have one set of standards for all but I understand that's not a philosophy everyone subscribes to. I can understand how it's far easier to say something than it is to practice it.

We all love a good dose of sarcasm that's why I responded, however the less adroit wielders of that sword would do well to remember that it's got a double edge. :D

I made a general comment about politicians and I stand by it.
GENERALLY-speaking, politicians are not completely altruistic.
YOU, on the other hand, have made a SPECIFIC comment about myself, as per your usual m.o. Image
Noooo, i don't want any chemicals in my food!

As if they weren't already chock full of DNA, potato chips are full of sodium chloride to boot.

And watch out for anything that contains di-hydrogen monoxide (hydric acid or DHMO), a widespread solvent used extensively in the food industry which can be dangerous to humans in solid, liquid or gaseous form.

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html
ImageImageImage
 wrote:">Salesman in chicken suit arrested on outstanding warrant

HUEYTOWN, Ala. (AP) - Hueytown police say a door-to-door salesman dressed in a chicken suit has been arrested on an outstanding warrant.

Chief Chuck Hagler says 40-year-old Brian Eades was arrested on a Jefferson County sheriff's warrant for assault on Tuesday after neighbors complained about unpermitted solicitors in their area.

Police say a second man, 58-year-old Michael Bratton, was also arrested on an outstanding warrant for possession of a controlled substance. Hagler says Bratton was with Eades, but wasn't wearing a chicken suit. Police say the men were soliciting for a tax preparation service and are being held in the county jail. It's unclear if they have attorneys...
This is the condensed version, really.

Just a little follow up...

So three different pipelines burst in Montana this week. 3 spills in one week. Two in the Yellowstone River, and one a fracking solvent spill that is being called the largest in history about three million gallons. The previous largest was one million and it happened in 2006... it is still being cleaned up today.

Just a reminder about altruism. :rolleyes: US Congress yesterday decided to push the Keystone XL bill without debate for a vote on Monday. Hopefully before too many questions are asked.

The spill was reported 17 days ago when Operator Summit Midstream Partners found a toxic leak of salty drilling waste from a pipeline in the heart of the Bakken oil boom.

Officials say there’s no immediate threat to human health but as Marketplace’s Scott Tong reports yesterday, there could be trouble ahead. He interviews Duke geochemist Avner Vengosh who has sampled frack wastewater and has found that “North Dakota’s is 10 times saltier than the ocean, that endangers aquatic life and trees, and it has ammonium and radioactive elements.”
Since I don't know a lot about your American politicians,
I took a quick look. Elizabeth Warren is a Democrat.
Is it any wonder she'd criticize anything Republican?
Really? And, here I was wondering if the oil was red or blue!!

Anyway, politicians do have affiliations and they TEND to spin a different story depending on who is involved.
Just a thought! :wink:

Anyway, politicians do have affiliations and they TEND to spin a different story depending on who is involved.

Firstly, wtf does that even mean? It doesn't make sense, it's as if you're trying to deflect from the deep ignorance about the topic you clearly show, but don't let that stop you from commenting.

Anyway, secondly. Just how do you spin the story of an oil spill in a positive way? Since you're such a contrarian about everything (often contradicting yourself) if only you stuck to responding to things you actually know something about. Having an opinion on something doesn't means it's automatically a potentially correct answer. It winds up being that you choose be wrong simply for the sake of making some comment to take the other side because maybe you think that makes you seem smart? but whatever rocks your boat.

Humor me... How is three oil spills in one week a good thing, and how it should encourage Americans to build yet another oil pipeline that will benefit only the Canadian and American oil conglomerates?

Firstly, wtf does that even mean? It doesn't make sense, it's as if you're trying to deflect from the deep ignorance about the topic you clearly show, but don't let that stop you from commenting...

...Humor me... How is three oil spills in one week a good thing, and how it should encourage Americans to build yet another oil pipeline that will benefit only the Canadian and American oil conglomerates?

In responding to your comment about oil spills not having a political affiliation, I attempted a little
levity in "wondering" if the oil was red or blue; but, I was under the impression that UN-officially
those colours were associated with the Democrats and the Republicans respectively. That seems
to have caused you some confusion, for which I will apologize.

Also...

I did NOT suggest that three oil spills in one week could be spun into anything positive; but, it's pretty
obvious the opportunity has been exploited to spin this horrible situation to rip the opposition a new one.
Actually my preference would be solar, wind and other renewables as a way to reduce dependency of fossil fuels.

But since you mentioned it, the internet is full of people that make comments they believe to be real because Fox said so, or perhaps because they "sound" right or feel right on a bumper sticker. Often though it turns out they're woefully uninformed at best or lazy and ignorant more likely.

More critical thinking would lead to less dumb comments.

Crude exports and re-exports continue to rise; some volumes sent to Europe and Asia

I just saw this year-old story... worth the repeat, if it's been posted:

, Image wrote:">Man Finds $98K In Desk Bought Off Craigslist

Published on Nov 12, 2013

A couple bought a desk on craigslist for less than $200. When they looked inside the desk they found almost $100,000 in cash.

[youtube]J6dHhQJV19E[/youtube]

There ARE good people, in the world!! :clap:
Last edited by sagi58 on 28 Jan 15, 02:04, edited 2 times in total.
WoW!!

, Image wrote:">The 99-year-old Car: Engineer Spends 15 Years Restoring His Dream Car

Published on Jan 27, 2015

A man has spent 15-years transforming a rusty wreck into the vintage car of his dreams. Terrence Cleife, a retired motor engineer, bought the wreck of a 1916 American LaFrance saloon car in 1998.

The pre-war vehicle had been dismantled and was lying as a pile of scrap on the floor of a barn. The car’s missing parts were welded by Terry out of bronze and cast iron to match the vehicles original chassis and the engine completely re-assembled.

Now 71, Terry has the car of his dreams and has completed the painstaking piece-by-piece restoration.

[youtube]/SojvllW2__Y[/youtube]

See our F1 related articles too!