FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By vaptin
And by not dealing with these clerics through the proper channels( which I believe the government are now addressing) more power goes to morons like in that video. And more mainstream people have support for UKIP

And to be honest, by not dealing with those morons, which the government doesn't seem to be addressing, and certainly to be honest, I don't think is convincing the Muslim community it is . .. more power goes to the radicalists (SP), and more persuasive will their arguments seem.

The Government needs to aim to avoid creating an "us v them" situation, which to be frank, it isn't doing. (By us v them, I am talking about making the entire Islamic community feel "under threat" or similar because of the actions of a few, and the rest of the UK "feeling under threat from terrorism" which the government seems to be going for the complete opposite to be honest.

I think the solution , is for the "official line" to go back to basics, regardless of religion, murder won't be tolerated, the government has no care for what religion or background murders etc. are from, they will do all in their power to prevent it. All murders, in other words, convince the Muslim populace, the reaction isn't stronger because the guy was Muslim and that was his background, and that racism, hate crimes religious intolerance is also a serious issue for the government and will be tackled on Both Sides I hope that won't be a lie though. . .

My opinion of the situation, is the government is failing to convince the Muslim population, it is also interested in their safety and well being, and failing to convince the rest of the population it is competent in dealing with terrorism. Unfortunately, convincing the population it is competent, problem isn't aligned with actually performing the most evdientially and results based tasks etc. in dealing with terrorism. What people want, and what will be best practice, tends to be very different things.

Of course, its the job of democratic leaders, to come up with coherent arguments, as to why their ideas are any good, but well, that's probably not as good an election strategy as simply going with the ideas the public like the most.

Commercial companies do it all the time, but I don't think that is on topic.
By bud
Thing is Vaptin there is clearly something wrong in the world of Islam. Time and time again no matter what country we see death in its name. Every time he same rubbish about it bein a peaceful religion is brought up.
Sorry but how can you even say that when so many of its followers can see "killing in the name of" as righteous?

There is a problem and its not with the governments or media portrayal, it's with Muslims and they need to fix it.
By andrew
There isn''t really problem with the world of Islam, at least compared to other religions.

Islamic countries are under attack and this has caused the rise in fanatical extremists. Now let's think - who's behind these attacks? This is a problem that has been created by certain western Governments who now have a right mess to resolve. Unfortunately, it'll not be resolved until there is a seismic change in certain governments policies where Islamic countries are concerned.

How many followers of Christianity or Judaism kill in the name of their God? Pointless killing and acts of terrorism are not exclusively restriced to followers of Islam.
Last edited by andrew on 26 May 13, 22:08, edited 1 time in total.
By vaptin
Thing is Vaptin there is clearly something wrong in the world of Islam. Time and time again no matter what country we see death in its name. Every time he same rubbish about it bein a peaceful religion is brought up.
Sorry but how can you even say that when so many of its followers can see "killing in the name of" as righteous?

There is a problem and its not with the governments or media portrayal, it's with Muslims and they need to fix it.

Well, might as well get everyone fixing it, best chance of success,

I'm not so sure, is Islam disproportionate, with all other factors being equal, so religion is the only difference (economic, social, political etc.). Also, it might be actually, but I think a lot of that is, well to do with identification, and self-fulfilling prophecies, I think it would work too, for stuff like this, i.e. there is an impression Islam is violent, this in intself, increases the chances Islam is violent.

Not sure I called it a peaceful religion. My argument is that peace needs to come, regardless of religion, and we won't discriminate on any basis on religion(in terms of peace), so the concept is peaceful Muslims get as much right as peaceful non-Muslims, and vice versa (non peaceful etc.)
By What's Burning?

There are plenty of islamic countries that don't have the same problem. Jordan, Turkey for example come to mind. You're wrong by making it a religious issue and it's very myopic to say that it's only religious as the contries with the most problems and the most extreme aspects of the religion taking hold are the ones that are war torn, and strapped financially with poor access to healthcare, education and access to the outside world.

It would give more validity to your argument if that's what you focused on instead of a vendetta for a religion as a whole.
By racechick
But certainly Turkey, and I believe also Jordan are secular countries. That makes them very different to countries where religious leaders rule.
By What's Burning?
The US is a 'secular' country as well but you wouldn't know it given the statements that come out of our congress. The point is, where there is access to healthcare, and education, especially for women, and free speech and, and, and there is no place for the extreme religious factions of any religion to take hold and worse, grow.
By What's Burning?
The US is a 'secular' country as well but you wouldn't know it given the statements that come out of our congress. The point is, where there is access to healthcare, and education, especially for women, and free speech and, and, and there is no place for the extreme religious factions of any religion to take hold and worse, grow.

I mean there's still atrocities like this happening on this planet.
http://www.theglobalmail.org/feature/it ... tches/558/
By LewEngBridewell

I mean there's still atrocities like this happening on this planet.
http://www.theglobalmail.org/feature/it ... tches/558/

Ohhh FFS :thumbdown:

Humans never fail to reach new levels of stupidity. All that witchcraft nonsense was bad enough hundreds of years ago, let alone now.
By bud
That was a very good read. Mirrors what I was putting forward about there being a big problem within Islam itself. To use the authors words they need to "pull their head out of the sand"

Change will not come from how Muslims are perceived by the rest of the world, but by the actions of Muslims!
By bud
I don't think I was at all. Then again I am no journalist if you're comparing me with the author of the article...

See our F1 related articles too!