FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By racechick
Too true! :yes:
By LewEngBridewell
They had to release the name, as it was leaked onto social media.

Ahhh, the inevitable thing nowadays.
By zurich_allan
This was appalling. And what do we do when we catch people who do these things? We let them go and put them in rent free accomodation for fear of compromising their human rights if they get sent back to their country of origin :banghead: I'd say they give up their human rights when they are convicted of terrorism or of teaching terrorism in this country, and they're shipped out. On this issue I think we are way too soft and I think it's why a lot of people in the UK want out of Europe, because we have matters like this dictated to us by the European court of human rights. Like the guy we can't get rid of( funny name 'Fetadi' or something like that)
Sorry about the rant, but that was such a horrible unprovoked attack, disgusting.

( taking shelter now before Zurich Alan reads this)

Not at all - I'm pretty much staying out of the main issue. The only comments I'll make on that main issue are that I am appalled at the amount of sheer ignorance and closet racism / religious bigotry I've seen displayed over the past 48 hours in addition to a fundamental misunderstanding of the central issues.

The only part of what you've said that I'll highlight is somewhat agreeing with you in an area, though not in a good way. You're right - many people do want 'out of Europe' - specifically out of the European Union - because 'we have matters like this dictated to us by the European Court of Human Rights'.

Sadly the people that say that, again, are ignorant on even the most basic of issues involved. For a start, the European Union and the European Convention on Human Rights (and associated court) are completely separate legal entities that are not linked. The Court of Human Rights is not one of the courts of the EU. So leaving the EU would have literally absolutely zero effect on our rights and obligations held under the Convention. Sadly so many people only spout about the bad side to the Convention, because that is what our cr*p sensationalist media (sadly now about 95% of it) in the UK highlight, which is only a small minority of what the Convention is used for. The vast majority of cases concern ordinary, good people having their fundamental rights protected and upheld. Sadly, as with any law there will always be a minority who abuse it for their own ends.

Also, the term 'dictated' to us, is another emotive bullsh*t term that everyone seems to have picked up in the past few years. Utter nonsense. We are very much a part of the system, and have a large margin of appreciation to interpret Convention Articles in our nation's own interest relating to the majority of issues contained within the Convention. It is not a one party politics issue and is not dictated to us. There will be some odd cases where the court will not agree with our own judiciary - the Qatada case is one of them - but nobody is going to EVER agree with the outcome of all cases from all courts, our own domestic courts included, so why would ECtHR decisions be any different to that?
By racechick
Well I hold my hands up to not knowing the ins and outs of the legal system. I'm just saying how Its perceived by the man on the street...or woman of course. There's too much red tape when issues of national security are at stake. The secret service knew these two guys, had been watching them for years, and that cleric teacher, the one who fired them up. But now we have a dead soldier.
Which brings me to another point. What was that guy doing on prime time TV? That cleric who teaches hate. When questioned he wouldn't say the killers had done wrong, he only said he understood them. That's what will cause racial tension! Why didn't they get a true representative of our Muslim community, one who represents the overwhelming majority and who is as appalled as anyone else by this attack?
By Jabberwocky
Yay I was looking forward to ZA's post.

I was thinking about the "leave the EU" debate the other day. I think a lot of people will go out and vote on it and not have a full comprehension of the effects. For example if we loose free trade, what financial implications does that really have. Then I thought and this is the bit that will get the counter arguments. I thought maybe only people who are not ignorant or uneducated on matters should get a vote.
By racechick
We' d be in s*** with trade if we left Europe. And a lot of big businesses might leave. But it's things like this that will be the deciding factor for a lot of people if it comes to voting.

You're on dangerous ground when you start thinking who should and should not get the vote. We do seem to have a large proportion of population who..........no I'm going to stop before I say something really stupid there. But how do you measure inteligence. Would you say our political leaders are intelligent? And where does honesty and integrity sit in the attributes required to get a vote? And emotional intelligence? It's a minefields that one. I think we're stuck with what we've got.
By andrew
We' d be in s*** with trade if we left Europe. And a lot of big businesses might leave. But it's things like this that will be the deciding factor for a lot of people if it comes to voting.

You're on dangerous ground when you start thinking who should and should not get the vote. We do seem to have a large proportion of population who..........no I'm going to stop before I say something really stupid there. But how do you measure inteligence. Would you say our political leaders are intelligent? And where does honesty and integrity sit in the attributes required to get a vote? And emotional intelligence? It's a minefields that one. I think we're stuck with what we've got.

Look at the upcoming Scottish referendum - who is eligible has been altered to include anyone over 16 (rather than 18) and immigrants who wouldn't normally qualify for voting rights. So basically, most 16 year olds are still wrapped up in the Scotland v England/we hate the English 'cos their English and in England and immigrants will think old fish face is a Saint seeing as he lets them stay in his counrty and will even give them a massive council house and a good helping of social benefits just 'cos their foreign.

So you'll get to see a bankrupt nation on your own door step within the next few years. And it'll all be the fault of misguided, misinformed, unintelligent morons who are stupid enough to believe the tripe shovelled by yon fat self involved egotistical numpty fae Peternapper.

....aaaaaaaand breath..... :irked:
By racechick
I've just heard the last text that young lad sent to his mum before he was killed and it made me cry. bar stewards!!!
By racechick
It was just a chatty text but he ended it by saying his mum was one in a million.

Called her his best friend as well.
By bud
Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it.
- Winston Churchill
By Jabberwocky
Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it.
- Winston Churchill

nice quote matey

See our F1 related articles too!