FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By Jabberwocky
Reprisals are going to be terrible. I would imagine that the troops at woolwich are going to be locked down tonight. If not they will be like feral animals, and who would blame them.
By What's Burning?
If there's a silver lining, In the US, this guy would have had a semi automatic assault rifle with a couple of hundred round clips and would have taken out dozen people.
By racechick
This was appalling. And what do we do when we catch people who do these things? We let them go and put them in rent free accomodation for fear of compromising their human rights if they get sent back to their country of origin :banghead: I'd say they give up their human rights when they are convicted of terrorism or of teaching terrorism in this country, and they're shipped out. On this issue I think we are way too soft and I think it's why a lot of people in the UK want out of Europe, because we have matters like this dictated to us by the European court of human rights. Like the guy we can't get rid of( funny name 'Fetadi' or something like that)
Sorry about the rant, but that was such a horrible unprovoked attack, disgusting.

( taking shelter now before Zurich Alan reads this)
By Jabberwocky
Hiding in "Civilian" Cloths while waging a war is cowards way to act. We should of learnt from Afghanistan and Iraq these people take random pot shots with weapon at people who are trying to help them. Then they throw the weapons away and meld into the civilian back drop. They must really believe in what they stand for if they are not proud enough to stand and be counted.
By LewEngBridewell
A dire state of affairs. Some nut-job commits this heinous crime in the name of religion, and then the whole population descends into mud-slinging. The EDL's nest starts buzzing, the muslims run for cover, and the rest of the population stumble around, blindly making half-arsed, bumbling, generalised statements; a startling amount of which stink strongly of the far-right.

The act itself is awful. And the aftermath is just head-banging, predictable, repetitive tedium.

People suck.
By 1Lemon
I do honestly hope that this time the government does something about this, it's getting ridiculous now, something has to be done rather than standing around saying "We will stand strong." Invading Afghanistan is one thing, but this is a far more difficult problem that will need most western countries to work together, and tackle these terror heavens head on.
By spankyham
For a family to a loved this way is horrific. The people that really need to got at and silenced once and for all are the ones who "incite" and "breed" this sort of hatred based behavior. That type of animal has foregone any human rights and the right to conventional justice.
By racechick
Absolutely!
By Jabberwocky
I think that there should be due process but maybe a change in the law to treat these 'people' in a way that they can not continue to spread the hate, but at the same time you do not want them to become martyrs to a cause
By 1Lemon
Too late for that.
By andrew
A dire state of affairs. Some nut-job commits this heinous crime in the name of religion, and then the whole population descends into mud-slinging. The EDL's nest starts buzzing, the muslims run for cover, and the rest of the population stumble around, blindly making half-arsed, bumbling, generalised statements; a startling amount of which stink strongly of the far-right.

The act itself is awful. And the aftermath is just head-banging, predictable, repetitive tedium.

People suck.

According to one of the guys at work, who enjoys a bit of Twittering, halfwtted inbred morons were posting comments about how all Muslims a terrorists and other such nonsensical claptrap. The Sun had a link to the video of the attack and it's all over YouTube's front page. Surely to goodness the powers that be can stop this sort of sickening exposure out of respect (if nothing else) for the guy that was killed and his family.

I think that there should be due process but maybe a change in the law to treat these 'people' in a way that they can not continue to spread the hate, but at the same time you do not want them to become martyrs to a cause

I blame, among other things, the internet and social networking. Everything is over-exposed and the wave of hate spreads all too easily and quickly.

On Wednesday there was a guy stabbed in the head around the corner and up the hill from my work. I'd seen the emergency vehicles going into Torry and then, when I got inside, was told about it by someone who'd read about the attack and all its' gory details on Facebook. Later on the same day, the BBC website ran a couple paragraphs saying an incident was being investigated and the local TV news didn't have much more info' than that until the following day. To me, something's skewed a bit if social networking sites are getting more detailed news items than the proper/established news outlets. Given the large amount of Eastern Europeans living in the area, I'm sure you can guess the rhetoric that followed, despite the only facts known were a bloke had been stabbed and a road was closed as a result.

The world's gone mad.
By racechick
Two points here that come to mind.

Firstly, I feel so sorry for the Muslim community in the UK, they will be tarred and frightened by this. This is not their fault this is the fault of maniacs and evil people.

Second point. A mention of two very brace individuals. A mother of two who rushed in to aid the man who'd been shot. On realising he was dead she turned on the killer and engaged him in conversation. He told her he wanted to create war on the streets. She replied ' well you won't win!' What a brave lady with two children at home! And a guy, he saw what was happening and was afraid to intervene but he saw some school children approaching the area and went to them and turned them back.

Nice to see there is so much humanity still around amongst the evil loonies.
By racechick
All religions have their maniacs and extremists.

They certainly do. But you don't have to be a religious nut to be a nut.

See our F1 related articles too!