FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
I never understood why tobacco and alcohol are for sale on all the shelves in the world, but pot isn't. Alcohol is probably the most dangerous legal drug out there and it's legal. Legalizing pot isn't going to do more harm than what alcohol has been doing all this time.
I never understood why tobacco and alcohol are for sale on all the shelves in the world, but pot isn't. Alcohol is probably the most dangerous legal drug out there and it's legal. Legalizing pot isn't going to do more harm than what alcohol has been doing all this time.

cuz alcohol and tobacco are the "white man's" drug!!

I agree with you. Alcohol and tobacco can cause health problems while pot generally doesn't. Pot can't kill you and is the third LEAST addicting drug. caffeine and nicotine are more addictive
Saying that alcohol should be banned would make me a total hypocrite but it is a pretty dangerous drug as is tobacco.

The difference between these and what are considered drugs is the amount needed to feel the effects. No one is going to get spaced out on a couple pints but it doesn't take much pot (or whatever the dead-beat/public school boy/musician is taking) for someone to get high (apparently).
Saying that alcohol should be banned would make me a total hypocrite but it is a pretty dangerous drug as is tobacco.

The difference between these and what are considered drugs is the amount needed to feel the effects. No one is going to get spaced out on a couple pints but it doesn't take much pot (or whatever the dead-beat/public school boy/musician is taking) for someone to get high (apparently).

:rofl: musician!! :twisted:

Another difference is the LD (lethal dose). The LD for alcohol is very low compared to marijuana.

http://druglibrary.org/schaffer/library/mj_overdose.htm According to this, a 154 lb. human would have to smoke three pounds to die. :rofl: A $15 bottle of vodka could be enough to kill a 150 lb. human. Add a couple of sleeping pills you could get over the counter and it's adios. Idk what that is in kilos....someone who weighs 50 kilos would have to smoke 1.5 kilos of weed to die. Hopefully my drunken guestimate makes sense for my metric system buddies across the sea!!!
Need I remind you that in the US there are bills being introduced into a dozen states for legislation, and in congress that would restrict a woman from receiving birth control through health care insurance. You think that legalized and controlled drugs would fly here when we can't even pass a bill that isn't funded by big oil, big censored or big insurance?

I wouldn't put it past republican/evangelical political figures here to restrict financial aid to countries that legalized drugs as a means to influence the global decision.
There isn't any evidence that legalisation increases the usage of drugs from what I've read.

What it does do is reduce the power of drug dealers, allow the industry to be regulated and makes addicts more willing to come forward and get help as they don't have to fear criminal punishment.

Drugs are legal in Portugal I think.

:yes::yes:
Reasons? Because you can buy shares of companies that produce and sell alcohol and tobacco.
Ron Paul made a good point during a Republican debate that "just because it's legal doesn't mean everyone is going to start doing it. If heroin was made legal would you suddenly go to the shop and start taking it?"

No, but if it was coke I might. :hehe:
Ron Paul made a good point during a Republican debate that "just because it's legal doesn't mean everyone is going to start doing it. If heroin was made legal would you suddenly go to the shop and start taking it?"

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
I don't think it should be legalised, ever. And this is coming from someone who has smoked plenty of the stuff... :shock:

See our F1 related articles too!