FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By stonemonkey
This season, well some of it, I've been trying cooking some food from the country of the races. Nothing too tricky, chicken satay and soy sauce beef for malaysia, chicken noodle soup + beef in black been sauce for china, kebabs for turkey, that kind of thing.

What can I do for Canada? or any other upcoming races?

F1Menu:

Australia:
Crocodile steaks

Malaysia:
Chicken satay
Soy sauce beef

China:
Chicken noodle soup
Beef in black bean sauce

Turkey:
Kebabs

Spain:
Paella

Monaco:
Caviar
Champaign
Cocaine

Canada:
Poutine

European(Spain):
Paella

Britain:
Fish n chips
Steak pie
bangers n mash
Full English Breakfast (AKA heart attack on a plate)

Germany:
Sauerkraut!

Hungary:
Goulash

Belgium:
Chips with mayonnaise
Belgian waffles with yummy cream and strawberries :cloud9:

Italy:
Pizza
Spaghetti Bolognaise
Lasagna

Singapore:

Japan:
Edamame
Sushi
Sashimi
Sukiyaki

Korea:
Bulgogi
Kimchi

India:
Pakora/Samosa
Korma
Kofta

Abu Dhabi:

Brazil:

--------------------------

USA (Texas):
BBQ
Burgers
Yard bird (dead crow tex found (or shot) in his garden)

Bahrain:
Last edited by stonemonkey on 13 Mar 12, 18:58, edited 13 times in total.
By What's Burning?
This season, well some of it, I've been trying cooking some food from the country of the races. Nothing too tricky, chicken satay and soy sauce beef for malaysia, chicken noodle soup + beef in black been sauce for china, kebabs for turkey, that kind of thing.

We should keep this going. Although I suspect your prime GPs will be Spain and Italy. :thumbup:

For Canada, try poutine, (french fries and gravy) I've never had it probably for a reason, but it's supposed to be a Montreal thing. Or you can just pour some maple syrup on something and call it a day.
By stonemonkey

We should keep this going. Although I suspect your prime GPs will be Spain and Italy. :thumbup:

Didn't do Spain as no one was coming round for that(although there's still Valencia) so probably some sort of paella although I'm not keen on fish so maybe chicken or rabbit. Italy will be easy, and don't forget India.
For Canada, try poutine, (french fries and gravy) I've never had it probably for a reason, but it's supposed to be a Montreal thing. Or you can just pour some maple syrup on something and call it a day.

I'd do the fries n gravy, but looking for something more meat based too.
By What's Burning?

Didn't do Spain as no one was coming round for that(although there's still Valencia) so probably some sort of paella although I'm not keen on fish so maybe chicken or rabbit. Italy will be easy, and don't forget India.

I'd do the fries n gravy, but looking for something more meat based too.

You've got Tex-Mex next year to look forward to.

Curious now, what did you make for Monaco?
By madbrad
I just had to put down my beavertail and go inside my igloo to say I'm appalled at the Canadian stereotypes in here.
By stonemonkey

lol, unfortunately I could only think along the same lines as Jabberwocky, caviar and champaign. But I didn't do that, ended up making chinese again followed by strawberries and ice cream. Hoping to get a bit more organised for the rest.
By What's Burning?
I just had to put down my beavertail and go inside my igloo to say I'm appalled at the Canadian stereotypes in here.

Never miss an opportunity to educate us, thank you. Interestingly "beaver~tail" are two oft used euphemisms in the US but not associated with food. Just keep telling yourself, with a couple more decades of global warming, you're going to have very primo real estate up there in Canuck country!

lol, unfortunately I could only think along the same lines as Jabberwocky, caviar and champaign. But I didn't do that, ended up making chinese again followed by strawberries and ice cream. Hoping to get a bit more organised for the rest.

From what I understand cocaine would have been a suitable substitute ingredient. :hehe:
By FRAFPDD
Theres loads of stuff you can do for the Blighty Grand Prix, only it will taste like utter s*** unless your British, or so i hear!

English Breakfast
Fish n' chips
Bangers n Mash
Cornish Pasties
Roast Dinner
By stonemonkey
From what I understand cocaine would have been a suitable substitute ingredient. :hehe:

Yeah, but you pay through the nose for that.
By stonemonkey
Theres loads of stuff you can do for the Blighty Grand Prix, only it will taste like utter s*** unless your British, or so i hear!

English Breakfast
Fish n' chips
Bangers n Mash
Cornish Pasties
Roast Dinner

Yeah, that'll be battered fish or steak'n'ale pie or something.
By FRAFPDD

English Breakfast
Fish n' chips
Bangers n Mash
Cornish Pasties
Roast Dinner

Yeah, that'll be battered fish or steak'n'ale pie or something.

TRUST me on the English breakfast, everyone loves that.

Bacon(back), tomatoes, eggs ( fried), baked beans, sausages. The plate its on ends up weighing bout a kilo but its delicious.
By Jabberwocky
I am suprised you are not going to eat some dog at some of the ones you missed out.

Sushi for Japan is a given!
By darwin dali
Britain: Kidney pie, no?

Korea: Bulgogi and kimchee, no question.

Japan: sushi, edamame, sukiyaki, sashimi.
Austin you need BBQ... or you can throw a good ol' American burger on the grill. Both of the suggestions since you're a self proclaimed carnivore.

For Valencia, you need Paella a la Valenciana.

See our F1 related articles too!