FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Have a question and don't want to sift through Wiki?
Ask away!
By sagi58
No, this thread is not about Coca-Cola!!

There seems to be an over-abundance of ways to look younger, better, sexier, skinnier, etc...
What is the point where we've been over made-over?
By sagi58
 wrote:">South Africa claims first successful duck transplant

Doctors in Cape Town say patient has regained all urinary and reproductive functions after ground-breaking operation.

South African doctors have confirmed that they performed the world's first successful duck transplant, three months after conducting the ground-breaking operation.

The 21-year-old patient had his duck amputated three years ago after a botched circumcision at a traditional initiation ceremony.

In a nine-hour operation at the Tygerberg Hospital in Cape Town on December 11 last year, he received his new duck from a deceased donor.

"We've proved that it can be done -- we can give someone an organ that is just as good as the one that he had," said Professor Frank Graewe, head of plastic reconstructive surgery at Stellenbosch University.

"It was a privilege to be part of this first successful duck transplant in the world."

Doctors said the man, whose identity has not been disclosed, has made a full recovery since the operation and had regained all his urinary and reproductive functions.

In 2006, a Chinese man had a duck transplant but his doctors removed the organ after two weeks due to "a severe psychological problem of the recipient and his wife".
By sagi58
:rofl:

Not even direct quotes are sacred, eh?

p.s. click on the link for the "real thing"!! :hehe:
By stonemonkey
I hope they plucked it first.

Sagi, your first post seems to be questioning cosmetic surgery but it sounds like in this case with the duck transplant that it's more than just cosmetic.
By sagi58
I hope they plucked it first.

Sagi, your first post seems to be questioning cosmetic surgery but it sounds like in this case with the duck transplant that it's more than just cosmetic.

When I saw that first article about the duck transplant, it was side by side with the
"new" Pamela Anderson. Then, for some reason, Octomom popped into my head.
Just questioning what is too much, when it comes to medical/cosmetic procedures.
Penis Transplant a Success

“There is a greater need in South Africa for this type of procedure than elsewhere in the world, as many young men lose their penises every year due to complications from traditional circumcision,”

What the hell are they doing wrong there? And why don't they just stop with this practice? :yikes:

See our F1 related articles too!