FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Have a question and don't want to sift through Wiki?
Ask away!
By Jabberwocky
I was just watching an old American TV show. (i dream of jeannie) apparently they would not give them a marriage licence until they had a blood test.

Was this normal i America? If so what did they look for?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah, and I'm not sure... STDs? That that they weren't brother and sister? Jeannie is my childhood fantasy. :cloud9:
That they were a full blooded American, and not a Commie...?

No you idiot. Everyone knows commies aren't circumcised. The test for that is different.
Yeah, and I'm not sure... STDs? That that they weren't brother and sister? Jeannie is my childhood fantasy. :cloud9:

What does she look like now?
It was about a few genetic inherited disorders that manifested by a combination of one of the rare blood groups and another - which would then give a high chance of the offspring developing something fatal. This is off the top of my head so I dont know the details, but thats the gist of it - I think it then turned out to be trhe equivalent of an old wifves tale in scientific terms probably when the Crick era dna code was unlocked or something else

I would be curious to know how they actually policed it and how many couples got rejected and if any had offspring anyways

on the other hand it could be an American deep south tradition, to make sure you were marrying your sister or first cousin :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!