FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By NHcheese
He will Finnish the season with Maldonado off the floor. Get it, .
By CookinFlat6
Thing is Williams could be at the right place and right time finally.
They are balancing their books, they are making around 40 mill outside F1, they could be on the verge of supplying many countries with hybrid public transport bus systems, that could propel them into the big time

And in F1 they are waiting for a new regs paradigm shift ( like 2009 where RBR gained) with potentially the best power unit and with drivers well capable of winning titles in good cars

In 2014 with a bit of luck they could be fighting Merc and FI at the front. If Bottas or Maldo seize the chance if it comes Williams could be a top team overnight
By Hammer278
Maldo is a quick driver but title contender? I think you need some brains to win a Championship so Bottas will be a much better bet already. If Maldo was in Botta's place in Montreal, his race would've ended at the first corner.
By Jabberwocky
http://www.thehindu.com/sport/other-spo ... 762730.ece

Williams on Wednesday announced that Mike O’Driscoll replaces Alex Burns as the CEO of the Formula 1 team with immediate effect.

O’Driscoll, formerly managing director of Jaguar Cars (2007 — 2011) and ex-president of Aston Martin Jaguar Land Rover in North America (2001-2007), has been appointed Group CEO to “guide the long term future of Williams”.

The newly created role will see the Williams F1 and Williams Advanced Engineering united under one management structure and will enable O’Driscoll to provide support to team founder Frank Williams and deputy team principal Claire Williams.

“Burns will leave the company with immediate effect. Williams thanks him for the significant contribution he has made to the business and wishes him well in his future endeavours,” said Williams in a release.

Frank Williams said: “Mike has been a valued member of our Board since 2011 as a Non-Executive Director and I am delighted that his day to day involvement in the company is to significantly increase. This new role strengthens the company and will help us achieve our goals both on the race track and in diversification.”
By 1Lemon
Being managed from one place with a unified direction can only be a good thing. A good way to share the money to the F1 team when needed.
By Jabberwocky
The more I drive past the factory every day the more I feel I need to support them

Sent from Turing Colossus using Tapatalk 2
By What's Burning?
If I drove by the factory daily, I wouldn't stop until I got a job there.
By Jabberwocky
I may of applied for one in the past

By 1Lemon
If I drove by the factory daily, I wouldn't stop until I got a job there.

you wouldn't stop anyway, otherwise you'd be late for your other job :hehe:
By NHcheese
What if you had no qualifications. They will tell you to piss off!
By Jabberwocky
I believe that everyone can get a job. It all depends on pride... my pride says I would not get out of bed for x amount per yer. Etc

By andrew
What if you had no qualifications. They will tell you to piss off!

Depends on the job you go for and what experience you have.
By Hammer278
I believe that everyone can get a job. It all depends on pride... my pride says I would not get out of bed for x amount per yer. Etc

So when you graduated, you never worked for someone else? Or did you start your own biz from the get go/FOB/etc?

See our F1 related articles too!