FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By Nin-Chin
So much for Massa leading the team.

Massa - 40 points
Bottas - 110 points

I know he's had some bad luck but this is pretty disappointing.
By zurich_allan

Massa - 40 points
Bottas - 110 points

Yes, but not as disappointing when you think about it properly.

Massa has probably lost between 25 - 35 points through bad luck / circumstances beyond his control. So he would still be around 30-40 points behind Bottas (sounds like a lot, but in old money it's the equivalent of 12-16 points behind - the current points system can exaggerate the difference).

When you consider that:

a) Bottas is actually a very fast driver;

b) Bottas would have had an input into the current season's car, Massa didn't;
and;
c) Massa has driven nothing but Ferrari designed F1 cars since 2006 prior to thus season.

It's easy to see why Bottas would be ahead this season.

This may well be a trend that continues in 2015, but it will be a more 'equal' comparison then regardless. If Bottas has Massa firmly under control in 2015 as he appears to have had this year thus far, then we know for sure that Felipe is effectively finished in F1.
By What's Burning?

Massa - 40 points
Bottas - 110 points

Yes, but not as disappointing when you think about it properly.

Massa has probably lost between 25 - 35 points through bad luck / circumstances beyond his control. So he would still be around 30-40 points behind Bottas (sounds like a lot, but in old money it's the equivalent of 12-16 points behind - the current points system can exaggerate the difference).

When you consider that:

a) Bottas is actually a very fast driver;

b) Bottas would have had an input into the current season's car, Massa didn't;
and;
c) Massa has driven nothing but Ferrari designed F1 cars since 2006 prior to thus season.

It's easy to see why Bottas would be ahead this season.

This may well be a trend that continues in 2015, but it will be a more 'equal' comparison then regardless. If Bottas has Massa firmly under control in 2015 as he appears to have had this year thus far, then we know for sure that Felipe is effectively finished in F1.

Massa doth complain too much.
By Frontrunner
They have confirmed Bottas and Massa for next year

Massa did say something about having a 3 year deal with Williams earlier this year to my surprise, I assume with clauses of course, But he better up his game though because I can't see him driving a Williams in 2016 unless he puts a rocket up his backside and starts beating Bottas.
By LiamCatterson
They have confirmed Bottas and Massa for next year

Massa did say something about having a 3 year deal with Williams earlier this year to my surprise, I assume with clauses of course, But he better up his game though because I can't see him driving a Williams in 2016 unless he puts a rocket up his backside and starts beating Bottas.

This. I am surprised on how behind Massa is to Bottas but he needs to get his BOT going or he will most likely have an early retirement.
By Hammer278
Massa is lucky as f**k to still be driving.
By NHcheese
Younger drivers are showing the older ones up. I think, teams need to consider some from Force India and toro rosso, vergne for example. Jenson, Kimi, and Massa don't deserve to be in F1 anymore, let the next generation come in, like in Tennis, its time for change. Ok, Kimi and Massa sorta have an excuse, Kimi not really, but still...

there are faster drivers in slower cars right now. Tragic really.
By Hammer278
Massa is lucky as f**k to still be driving.

I agree. I didn't expect him to be anywhere for this year

Well he sure put in a good drive today. But Monza doesn't count too much as a track since there's like 5 corners in total. His best part of the race was not crashing into Lewis when Lewis owned him. :hehe:

GO WILLIAMS!!! Knock Ferrari of their 3rd placed perch. :clap:
By Jabberwocky
The irony that he achieved more today than his ex team at there home circuit.

Sent using NCC-1701
By LewEngBridewell
The irony that he achieved more today than his ex team at there home circuit.

How times change... :eek:
By CookinFlat6
Younger drivers are showing the older ones up. I think, teams need to consider some from Force India and toro rosso, vergne for example. Jenson, Kimi, and Massa don't deserve to be in F1 anymore, let the next generation come in, like in Tennis, its time for change. Ok, Kimi and Massa sorta have an excuse, Kimi not really, but still...

Well said cheesie, its a fricken disgrace to have a Button in a McLaren when a Koba is reduced to handouts to stay in a back marker car
By NHcheese

Well said cheesie, its a fricken disgrace to have a Button in a McLaren when a Koba is reduced to handouts to stay in a back marker car

WHO YOU CALLING CHEESIE!!

See our F1 related articles too!