FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By LewEngBridewell
I think it's confirmed. Williams to get Merc engines.

Bloody hell, old Frank's going through engines even faster than drivers!
By What's Burning?
This time he picked the right engine.
By Frontrunner
Doesn't seem to matter what engine is in the back of Williams, they just need a better package.
By darwin dali
ESPNF1:

Williams will continue to manufacture its own transmission but will use the integrated energy recovery systems from Mercedes.

What happened to all their fly wheel development?
By Denthúl
ESPNF1:

Williams will continue to manufacture its own transmission but will use the integrated energy recovery systems from Mercedes.

What happened to all their fly wheel development?

Pretty sure they decided a while ago that they weren't going to run that in F1 and focus on developing that system for road applications instead.
By Jabberwocky
I am sure I read something a while ago that 25% of the oxfordshire busses now use the Williams flywheel system

Sent from Turing Colossus using Tapatalk 2
By 1Lemon
It's being used in London busses too. A Tram company are also using them.
By What's Burning?
and it's being used in Porsche's Le Mans 911 hybrid entry. (perhaps even in Audi's hybrid as well)
By Hammer278

Or Susie Wolff chose the right husband.

Toto moves to Merc leaving Williams, next news item from Williams - Williams Mercedes for next year. What's after that? One of the drivers out, Williams becomes the first team to field a female Formula 1 driver in modern times, the sponsors will love it. I might look into investing in Williams stocks very soon. :hehe:
By What's Burning?

Or Susie Wolff chose the right husband.

Toto moves to Merc leaving Williams, next news item from Williams - Williams Mercedes for next year. What's after that? One of the drivers out, Williams becomes the first team to field a female Formula 1 driver in modern times, the sponsors will love it. I might look into investing in Williams stocks very soon. :hehe:

I think MOA or Jabber already did.
By Jabberwocky
As I drive past the factory every day to go to work... I feel my allegiance shifting towards them.

By Jabberwocky
They are at an all time low of 21 at the moment as well

By CookinFlat6
21 is the low over the last year, but they been much lower than that since launch. Having said that they are surprisingly resilient here in spite of the management changes and turmoil. Not a stock for a quick profit but weathering the current storm, getting merc engines could mean the future can only be better if this price is supported
By What's Burning?
Bottas is wiping the floor with Maldonado.
By 1Lemon
Bottas is wiping the floor with Maldonado.

Next year Bottas will wipe the floor with everyone </fact> :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!