FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By LewEngBridewell
The big bosses will only fund such a shambles for so long. That's how manufacturers work in F1.
By Hammer278
So Mercedes score 0 points YET AGAIN. Dear oh dear... :twisted::whip::whip:

Just like how Honda looked in 2008 and during the offseason of 2009. Oh dear oh dear. :hehe:
By LewEngBridewell
So Mercedes score 0 points YET AGAIN. Dear oh dear... :twisted::whip::whip:

Just like how Honda looked in 2008 and during the offseason of 2009. Oh dear oh dear. :hehe:

:twisted::whip::whip::whip:
By Hammer278
Looks like the 2 of you are already colouring your pants yellow at the thought of next year. Tracking Mercedes progress already? Don't bother..all their progress is back at the factory behind closed doors. Michael's post race interview said it all "I don't expect to retire on a high"...in other words, not much development focus anymore this year...it's all about welcoming the best driver in F1 next year with some serious firepower. :thumbup::thumbup:
By f1boy
Let's not forget that Mercedes engines power McLaren as McLAren can't design an engine in house to compete.

Before slagging off Merc, just remember that they can actually build an F1 engine (the best in fact), unlike McLaren.
By Denthúl
Let's not forget that Mercedes engines power McLaren as McLAren can't design an engine in house to compete.

Before slagging off Merc, just remember that they can actually build an F1 engine (the best in fact), unlike McLaren.

...so? :confused:
By Hammer278

So it's pretty damn stupid to slag of Mercedes if you're a McLaren fan..if not for Merc, McLaren will have to cut a hole in the floor so Button and Perez can feet paddle their way around the tracks next year. :hehe:
By f1boy
If you can't power your car, you are going nowhere, despite great Aero etc.
By andrew

Try telling that to Red Bull. :wink:
By Denthúl

So it's pretty damn stupid to slag of Mercedes if you're a McLaren fan..if not for Merc, McLaren will have to cut a hole in the floor so Button and Perez can feet paddle their way around the tracks next year. :hehe:

They're not quite the same entity, though... ;)
By racechick
I think Mercedes are well aware that performances are below par, both Haug and Brawn have said so. but I doubt they'll be wasting time and resources on the rest of this year. They're focused on next year and particularly th year after.
By f1boy

Try telling that to Red Bull. :wink:

Red Bull have to buy in Renault engines too. They are contributing to the running of Lotus, just like McLaren are contributing to the running of the Merc works team.
By Denthúl
I think Mercedes are well aware that performances are below par, both Haug and Brawn have said so. but I doubt they'll be wasting time and resources on the rest of this year. They're focused on next year and particularly th year after.

The problem with this attitude from them, as I've pointed out before, is that they have stopped the development of their car early every season since their return in 2010, yet the next season has been just as much a joke; can't understand the tyres, can't reduce deg, seem to have issues with cornering etc. so I'm not convinced that this "we'll get it right in 2014" is going to live up to some peoples' expectations. Certainly, I wish them well, but I'm willing to bet that they won't make a leap to the front of the pack.

See our F1 related articles too!