FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By CookinFlat6
He/she stated that Lewis demanded no1 status in 2007 over fred, thats what i was responding to

I started to dislike Lewis when he was with Alonso at MacLaren, he was a whiney, spoiled brat who wanted No1 driver above someone much more experienced than him.
By andrew
I have nothing but bad things to say about Mercedes. They are a shambles.

That is all.
By racechick
He/she stated that Lewis demanded no1 status in 2007 over fred, thats what i was responding to

I started to dislike Lewis when he was with Alonso at MacLaren, he was a whiney, spoiled brat who wanted No1 driver above someone much more experienced than him.

I know. there is no evidence for his/ her statement whatsoever ever. The only time I've ever heard Lewis express opinions about his position within a team is to clarify equality, not to ask for preferential treatment. He did it in 2007 around Monaco time when he was given the less favourable strategies ,and he asked the same when he went to Brawn about joining Mercedes
By Jabberwocky

That is all.

I get the feeling they are like a national football team, they are all good and being the top of their respective field but they do not have the cohesion yet to become the next redbull
By What's Burning?
So will Lewis go back to a RED T bar next year because he's higher in the WDC than Rosberg or does the existing senior driver automatically get the RED T bar? I'm not sure if the ranking follows any driver other than the WDC for the previous year if they move teams.
By LewEngBridewell
I don't think so. From what I remember, Rosberg SHOULD have the red T-bar, but then again, Merc always insisted on Schumacher having that, so.... who knows...
By Jabberwocky
I think if I was an F1 driver I would have more to worry about than who has the red t bar. However to be fair to Merc, the Red hat gloves and t-bar worked well, as well as the yellow hat, gloves and t-bar for Nico.
By andrew

That is all.

I get the feeling they are like a national football team, they are all good and being the top of their respective field but they do not have the cohesion yet to become the next redbull

They talk a good game, but don't really shine on the pitch. Brief sporadic signs of brilliance overshaddowed by having a terrible car that doesn't really improve enough to make any real difference.
By Hammer278

That is all.

If Merc are in shambles, everyone from 5th place in the WCC can just pack up and go home.
By What's Burning?
They talk a good game, but don't really shine on the pitch. Brief sporadic signs of brilliance overshaddowed by having a terrible car that doesn't really improve enough to make any real difference.

You sound like you're describing Lotus.
By myownalias
there is no guarantee that Merc will make the best engine, I would bet on Renault building the best V6T; they were the first team to jump all over the new specification and start building while other's were still complaining about the new engine formula.

I think the reason they "jumped" is because they have the weakest engine currently so there's really nothing for them to lose. It would be a foolish bet against Mercedes or Ferrari for that matter to pick Renault as the team most likely to deliver the best engine come 2014.

Yes, the Renault engine is underpowered compared to Merc and Ferrari but it seems to be more driveable than those engines, it can't be that bad an engine to win four titles since 2005; twice with their own team and twice with Red Bull; chances are there will be a fifth this year. Don't underestimate the French car maker, they have some good pedigree in F1!
By LewEngBridewell
So Mercedes score 0 points YET AGAIN. Dear oh dear... :twisted::whip::whip:
By LewEngBridewell
It looks a bit bleak doesn't it?

Very. The purse strings won't be open for ever!

See our F1 related articles too!