FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By myownalias
Nico will win the 2014 championship :fishslap:

You had to say it! I hope you brought your best flame suit to work today! :hehe:
By Jabberwocky

You had to say it! I hope you brought your best flame suit to work today! :hehe:

:morepopcorn:
By racechick
Well it's a possibility of course. But as has been mentioned by another poster, if he does , it won't be because the team principal wets his knickers over him.
By Injen
Lewis Hamilton is not the saviour of all things F1;

Of course he isn't, Jenson Button holds that crown. :wavey-finger:
By IheartKimmi

Not sure why I bother but, here goes. Jenson is a great driver, Lewis is a great driver. Lewis is exciting and less likely to finish a race, Jenson is a great driver and picks up points. They were a perfect MacLaren Team and worked well for a while. I have to agree that Lewis has not really set the F1 world alight, we all know he is fast but is he really true WC material. I have no doubt that Jenson wont win another one but I like him anyway :cloud9: I started to dislike Lewis when he was with Alonso at MacLaren, he was a whiney, spoiled brat who wanted No1 driver above someone much more experienced than him. Had he allowed Alonso to be the "No. 1" driver I think they would have made a fantastic team. Lewis would have learned so much, Fernando would have had to be at the top of his game and we, the fans, would have enjoyed it.

I see the Lewis/Fernando/MacLaren thing as Lewis being too big for his breeches and not wanting to learn or give way to the better, more experienced driver. That is understandable because Lewis was put into a seat in a top car, he did not do his apprenticeship in F1. I also think that that is showing now, Lewis is fast but speed does not get points, look at all the fast young drivers coming through the ranks now, how many of them finish a race?

We were all taken in by the Lewis Hamilton hype, I have no doubt he is fast but he is no where near the complete driver that Alonso is. I think Vettel is good, I think Kimmi was amazing but my head talking over my heart Alonso is the most complete driver on the grid today.

ETA -I thought derogarty names were not allowed on this forum, why has Jenson Button been allowed to be called No-Grip by certain posters for months now?
By Nin-Chin

Not sure why I bother but, here goes. Jenson is a great driver, Lewis is a great driver. Lewis is exciting and less likely to finish a race, Jenson is a great driver and picks up points. They were a perfect MacLaren Team and worked well for a while. I have to agree that Lewis has not really set the F1 world alight, we all know he is fast but is he really true WC material. I have no doubt that Jenson wont win another one but I like him anyway :cloud9: I started to dislike Lewis when he was with Alonso at MacLaren, he was a whiney, spoiled brat who wanted No1 driver above someone much more experienced than him. Had he allowed Alonso to be the "No. 1" driver I think they would have made a fantastic team. Lewis would have learned so much, Fernando would have had to be at the top of his game and we, the fans, would have enjoyed it.

I see the Lewis/Fernando/MacLaren thing as Lewis being too big for his breeches and not wanting to learn or give way to the better, more experienced driver. That is understandable because Lewis was put into a seat in a top car, he did not do his apprenticeship in F1. I also think that that is showing now, Lewis is fast but speed does not get points, look at all the fast young drivers coming through the ranks now, how many of them finish a race?

We were all taken in by the Lewis Hamilton hype, I have no doubt he is fast but he is no where near the complete driver that Alonso is. I think Vettel is good, I think Kimmi was amazing but my head talking over my heart Alonso is the most complete driver on the grid today.

ETA -I thought derogarty names were not allowed on this forum, why has Jenson Button been allowed to be called No-Grip by certain posters for months now?

Well 3 rets this year,2 mechanical,1 he was taken out by crashtor
By IheartKimmi

Well 3 rets this year,2 mechanical,1 he was taken out by crashtor

I'm not exactly sure what you are saying, please enlighten me.
ETA I think I get it now, his mechanical failures were attempts to sabotage him so that Button would look better.
See how ridiculous it sounds when someone else says it :) I have had to read this conspiracy nonsense for ages now and I am tired of it
By What's Burning?
Not sure why I bother but, here goes.

Not sure why I bother either but everything you said post that statement is your personal opinion... and an opinion that's apparently free of facts. Your complaint about Lewis not finishing a race means you've had your head buried in the sand this year apparently as there was ONE, incident that Lewis could have been at fault with (the stewards didn't think so, but I did) not finishing a race and that was the incident with Maldonado and it cost him a fourth place finish. Every other time Lewis has either not finished or finished poorly has been mechanical or an accident with one of the bumper car drivers. By your logic, Schumacher should be the absolute worst since he's managed not to finish or crash in so many races this year.

I hope he does, because it will mean that Mercedes have a car capable of winning and that would also mean that Lewis would surely come in second in the WDC and therefore Mercedes would have gotten a WCC. Not a bad year I'm sure. McLaren would be frustrated. :yes:

None of us know what Mercedes will do in the next three years; all we can do is speculate based on their performances since their return to the F1 fold.

agreed, and speculation is something we do plenty of here. :hehe:

I agree, not the savior; He's just the most popular (active) F1 driver in the world currently and perhaps he'll be able to leverage some of that into his bank account which always helps.

there is no guarantee that Merc will make the best engine, I would bet on Renault building the best V6T; they were the first team to jump all over the new specification and start building while other's were still complaining about the new engine formula.

I think the reason they "jumped" is because they have the weakest engine currently so there's really nothing for them to lose. It would be a foolish bet against Mercedes or Ferrari for that matter to pick Renault as the team most likely to deliver the best engine come 2014.

Didn't take long for those that like to remind everyone how poor a performer Lewis Hamilton is to find their way here didn't it?
By What's Burning?
Since there's a specific Lewis Hamilton thread that's been locked (temporarily) for a reason. Can we keep this thread as it relates to Mercedes and things within that context?
By CookinFlat6
:wavey-finger:

Mate, please dont bother, unless you can be bothered to check facts. Where's the proof that Lewis wanted to be no1

tell us and we might take you seriously
By CookinFlat6
Apologies WB, only saw your instruction after I posted above
By IheartKimmi

Mate, please dont bother, unless you can be bothered to check facts. Where's the proof that Lewis wanted to be no1

tell us and we might take you seriously

Can you give proof that Lewis did not want to be No1, until then I think you are clutching at straws. Dont take the high road with me unless you can walk it. What facts did I not check by the way? My opinion?
By CookinFlat6

Can you give proof that Lewis did not want to be No1, until then I think you are clutching at straws. Dont take the high road with me unless you can walk it. What facts did I not check by the way? My opinion?

You are the one TELLING us that Lewis demanded to be number 1, why should I have to find proof to the contrary? If you claim fairies exist, does the world have to find proof they dont? Would you have to qualify this claim to be taken seriously? Would you be clutching at straws if you couldnt back up a fairytale?

you are not really good at this debating lark are you?
By racechick
Well we know Lewis has not asked for or been given number 1 at Mercedes, which I for one am pleased about. He's asked only for parity, all I believe he's ever asked for.

See our F1 related articles too!