FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By racechick
Just looked at pics from Valencia and yeap it clearly is much more of a hump.

:spaz: So whats going on???
By Scooter185
May even get an f1 car in ct then, coke has a bottling factory 10 minutes away. Good promo event to get us CTers to NJ (one can hope right?)
By MACH141
What a bad race for Mclaren they are way behind the the top three... may be they worked vey hard on the pit stop and forget to work on the car. :(
By Jessie
:( They were a dead loss, but at least their pitstops went without a hitch for a change. :)
By andrew
Martin Whitmarsh and Sam Michaels obviously read this forum as the pitstops were good and Button had some grip. :hehe:
By Hammer278
Absolute rubbish weekend...and this is after their 'latest updates' to the car, fallen behind Ferrari and Lotus.

Whitmarsh was actually wearing a wry smile in the first 10 laps of the race, I was watching this race with a couple of mates and we were all like WTF? Guy deserves to be punched in the face.
By Injen
Absolute rubbish weekend...and this is after their 'latest updates' to the car, fallen behind Ferrari and Lotus.

Whitmarsh was actually wearing a wry smile in the first 10 laps of the race, I was watching this race with a couple of mates and we were all like WTF? Guy deserves to be punched in the face.

Its all calm at Mclaren,its the the most relax i've seen then in weeks because Jenslow was only 2 places behind Lewis.It's been hard work fcking up a good car to make Lewis look on par with jenslow, a one point a race driver.I've never seen a team with a more looser mentality than under Withmasrh,this is a guy who has been giggling before races talking about safety car and rain to get Jenslow forward,like you can mount a championship challenge on fluky changeable condition.

Canada 2011 only happen every 5yrs,typical Witmarsh and jensonslow were in full blossom last year fighting for distant 2nd in the championship but its all good once Jenslow is in front of Lewis.I could swear they whole strategy today was to get Lewis as close to Jenslow as possible,they left him too long on hard and too short on soft and off course released in traffic.What was the point of that strategy if you gonna negate any gains by running a short stint on soft,well the answer is easy,its Mclaren against Lewis,time to leave my i'm afraid.
By Scooter185
Mclaren did look good for about the first half, both Lewis and Jenson were making a nice charge. They both faded in the second half though. Whitmarsh did have reason to smile to start with.
By The Second Coming
Are the upgrades a stepped nose do you think? We should find out in an hours time.
Seems odd if it is. McLaren had the fastest car at the start of the season(without a stepped nose), they've not upgraded much and have slipped back a bit. If they go to the stepped nose might they be putting themselves where the rest of the cars with stepped noses started from eight races ago?
Mclaren have a good record of developing through the season so maybe they have something else up their sleeve.
This is just me wondering.....

I've always been optimistic when it comes to McLaren's prowess for development but it appears they are either heading in the wrong direction or developing at such a slow rate that they may be fighting soon with Saubers (well...including Lewis). It's gone terribly wrong when even Lewis can't get performance out of the car. When was the last time we heard that?! Hard days are ahead of us. :(

I'm just saying...
By Bladesman
Are the upgrades a stepped nose do you think? We should find out in an hours time.
Seems odd if it is. McLaren had the fastest car at the start of the season(without a stepped nose), they've not upgraded much and have slipped back a bit. If they go to the stepped nose might they be putting themselves where the rest of the cars with stepped noses started from eight races ago?
Mclaren have a good record of developing through the season so maybe they have something else up their sleeve.

I've always been optimistic when it comes to McLaren's prowess for development but it appears they are either heading in the wrong direction or developing at such a slow rate that they may be fighting soon with Saubers (well...including Lewis). It's gone terribly wrong when even Lewis can't get performance out of the car. When was the last time we heard that?! Hard days are ahead of us. :(

I'm just saying...

McLaren look like they have a car towing a caravan right now.

They best have a smashing update for Germany because even Sauber, Force India and Williams are catching them.

At least they got the pit stops right this time a bit too little too late now other teams have over taken them in performance.
By darwin dali

I'm just saying...

Nah, in this season this could change by the next race...
By geetface9
Does anyone perhaps think the car was set up for wet conditions?

Having said that, the other cars likely were too, and obviously trounced mclaren, so even if it rained would we have seen a similar result as today's race in the dry?

See our F1 related articles too!