FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Never know, Canada does have a tendency for smaller teams getting huge breaks. This was also the place BMW recorded their one and only 1-2! Thus making it one of my favourite tracks. :hehe:
I think, and hope, that Lotus, erm sorry, Caterham will get points this year. Of the new teams they are worth their place on the grid I think.
Very interesting; F1 these days is not for minnows like Caterham and Marussia, when teams have to rely on pay drivers just to make it to the grid then it time to give it up. Maybe if the terms of the new teams joining the grid were met, e.g. the 40m Euro budget cap; maybe it'd be different but as things stand, Caterham and Marussia will be permanently nailed to the back of the grid!
I would've thought these guys will do their feasibility study before putting in the investment. All that big talk from Caterham when they came in as Lotus sounds like hogwash now...really disappointed with their progress, and won't be sorry to see them piss off.
I would've thought these guys will do their feasibility study before putting in the investment. All that big talk from Caterham when they came in as Lotus sounds like hogwash now...really disappointed with their progress, and won't be sorry to see them piss off.

I remember back when they first started, and I really expected them to have been much further up by now. I don't wish to see them "p!ss off" but I've given up getting excited about what progress they may have made each year :hehe:
Marussia look to have jumped Caterham now, or maybe that is just the Bianchi effect!
Caterham's doing something wrong. No Cosworth should ever come close to a Renault let alone beat it. A fundamental chassis flaw or poor drivers? Or Marussia has exceptional drivers? Caterham with their money and that engine, should be regularly ahead of the TRs by now. Splitting the resources between the team and the road car company becoming detrimental? Just spitballing here.
Watching Q this morning; there was a suggestion by DC that Caterham may well be looking to offload Pic and bring back Kovalainen. I think that is Caterham's issue, two rookie drivers in a relative rookie team!
Watching Q this morning; there was a suggestion by DC that Caterham may well be looking to offload Pic and bring back Kovalainen. I think that is Caterham's issue, two rookie drivers in a relative rookie team!

Yes, I was quite surprised to hear DC say that... Pic of course is marginally the more experienced driver there...

Yes, I was quite surprised to hear DC say that... Pic of course is marginally the more experienced driver there...

But that experience comes from a lesser team (as least in constructors results terms), Kovalainen has experience at the highest level, during a WDC winning year for McLaren!
i lost a lot of respect for this team when they confirmed this crappy driver lineup. In their first season they had Trulli and Kovaleinen! Way to go forwards in reverse gear.

See our F1 related articles too!