FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By darwin dali
If i support any team it's Sauber :clap::thumbup:

[youtube]hnyHCK_w8ac[/youtube] :wink:
By scotty
Definite podium potential for tomorrow, i can't believe it! Koba starts 3rd! :thumbup:
By What's Burning?
Sauber is for real, and if Massa can't up his game, and Merc can't figure out their race day pace, they may very well be fighting for a fourth in the WCC this year. :clap:
By Hammer278
It's going to be either McLarens or Kimi for the win, but I really do hope Koba ends up on the podium. Best moment for me in Msia was seeing Peter Sauber in tears after Perez crossed the line. :thumbup:
By LewEngBridewell
I'm really impressed by Sauber's form this season so far. :yes: Hopefully, they won't fall behind in the development race.
By scotty
Hopefully, they won't fall behind in the development race.

I hope not. Last season they got caught out by the whole EBD situation, but 2010 was solid, so it don't see why they should suddenly fall back.

Plus, extra sponsorship money coming in soon it seems. :)
By darwin dali
ESPNF1:
Kaltenborn handed Sauber stake

Sauber CEO Monisha Kaltenborn has been handed a one third stake of the team by team principal Peter Sauber.

Kaltenborn became CEO of the team in 2010 as the team rebuilt following the withdrawal of BMW from Formula One. Since then she has grown in stature within the team and been touted as a future team principal, and Sauber has now confirmed that he has transferred one third of the stake of the team to her.

"When BMW pulled out of Formula One in 2009, Monisha Kaltenborn was instrumental in the team's survival and since then she has been doing outstanding work in her capacity as CEO," Sauber said. "Transferring one third of the stake to her represents an important step for me in providing continuity.

"My desire is to ensure that the company continues to be led as I would want over the long term. Monisha Kaltenborn and my son Alex, who joined the company as Marketing Director in 2010 and has since also been a member of the Board of Management, both embrace this aim. It means we can offer our employees a positive outlook for the future."

Sauber retains the other two thirds stake, and Kaltenborn added that she understood the significance of the move.

"For me this step is a mark of the greatest possible trust, which I will do everything in my power to justify."
By LewEngBridewell
There are a number of teams on the grid which are impossible to dislike... where success can only be regarded as a widespread occasion for celebration. Williams is one of these teams, and Sunday was tremendous. Sauber is another such team :cloud9:
By myownalias
There are a number of teams on the grid which are impossible to dislike... where success can only be regarded as a widespread occasion for celebration. Williams is one of these teams, and Sunday was tremendous. Sauber is another such team :cloud9:

I do have a soft spot for Williams and Sauber mainly because they are true racers, they exist for no other reason than to race, everything else they do is to put two cars on the grid 20 times each season. I also like Privateer teams, garagistes as Enzo Ferrari dubbed them. You have to respect these teams for sticking with it during the tough times and turning it around!
By andrew

Name em' laddie! :whip:

Sauber and Williams but who else?
By What's Burning?
I think after those two, there's a dwindling return on likeability from any other "number" he mentions. :hehe:
By LewEngBridewell

Name em' laddie! :whip:

Sauber and Williams but who else?

I suppose Caterham are pretty lovable, as are Force India. It seems that most other teams have their supporters and detractors, especially those at the front. Ferrari and McLaren are at that level where one seems to either love or hate them. Such are the prices paid for long-running success.
By madbrad
Toyota, Honda, Renault and Mercedes have been beaten by their customers, and I don't recall them throwing hissy fits.
By Hammer278
My dream grid would have all the current teams we have now, minus HRT and Virgin, enter Jordan and BMW....ahhhhh. :cloud9:

See our F1 related articles too!