FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By Frontrunner
The only energy drink I have drunk is V-energy, its not bad. Haven't ever tried Red Bull so can comment on it. But overall Energy drinks are expensive, I rather get a iced coffee.
By What's Burning?
I've never tried Red Bull. I can't say the same for my daughter though. I said this a bit back but I happen to see a Red Bull promotional magazine in the summer while I was sitting at a doctor's office and out of the 120 or so pages in the magazine there was exactly 1 page that showed a picture of an F1 car and it had to do with a montage for a contest of some type.

Perhaps they're in the sport because as Bud said, they want to be in it and promoting Red Bull is a nice tax write off to pay for your hobby you'd likely do anyway.
By Hammer278
Something related; but not really...

Red Bull entered the sport initially to promote their energy drinks business; how many of you that didn't drink Red Bull previously have started drinking Red Bull because of their involvement in F1?

If the answer comes back with a majority NO; then that maybe the answer to Red Bull supposedly exiting the sport in the near future.

It's called experiential marketing....everyone out there in the civilized world know exactly what Redbull is, it's not just another name anymore. Whenever you turn on your TV and you watch the programs, you see a certain word associated with a product, even without knowing it it increases the chances of you picking up the product in the shopping center. Redbull aren't in F1 for just direct marketing to get their names out there.

As or myself, I used to drink Redbull occasionally during my teen years but it's too sweet for me now. Unless I use it as a mixer, then it's a different story.
By LRW
I drink, on average, a couple of cans of it a week. I love the taste of it. Espscially if there is a shot glass of this stuff dropped in it....

edit: spelling
Last edited by LRW on 31 Oct 12, 14:30, edited 1 time in total.
By myownalias
Red Bull may not directly be involved in F1 because of the brand but it's definitely partly because of the branding; running two F1 teams is definitely about brand saturation. Although I don't drink Red Bull (I used to in my party days, vodka and Redbull, get drunk while keeping your energy levels up), when someone asks me to name an energy drink, I'll 9 times out of 10 say Red Bull!
By andrew
Yeah come on niki, get your finger out and poach him for Mercedes! Adrian that is not Seb. Earn your keep!

I very much doubt he'd waste his time with a loser team that won't be around by 2014.

What you think Red bull might throw the towel in as early as 2014? Well that's an interesting theory. In that case .......GED IN THERE LAUDA!!!!!

Red Bull aren't a loser team.

I've had Red Bull before. It's not bad.

Orange Lucozade used to be nice until they started spnsoring McLaren.
By LewEngBridewell

:whip::whip::whip:
By andrew

:whip::whip::whip:

Funnily enough I've heard really bad things about Santander and someone I know actually closed or is trying to close their account and said to me to never open an account with them.

The McLaren Connection - a new supernatural phenomena! :hehe:
By LewEngBridewell
I've heard bad things about most banks to be fair :hehe:
By andrew
True, but I've yet to hear one bad thing about mine. I think it must be about the only bank that hasn't been getting a bashing of late!
By What's Burning?
^^ who are you kiddin' you keep your money under the mattress.
By Hammer278
^^ who are you kiddin' you keep your money under the mattress.

The simple life seems to be the best life. :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!