FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By spankyham
SV said it, Horner said it - it must be true, eh? ...........

It wasn't until Helmut said it that I was sure it was true :D
By darwin dali
SV said it, Horner said it - it must be true, eh? ...........

It wasn't until Helmut said it that I was sure it was true :D

Am still waiting for confirmation from Bernie...
By What's Burning?
All this bickering over Vettel like two women from the old country. The one you should be fighting over is Adrian Newey. :yes:
By racechick
Yeah come on niki, get your finger out and poach him for Mercedes! Adrian that is not Seb. Earn your keep!
By bud
Sebastian Vettel feels Fernando Alonso should not have singled out Red Bull designer Adrian Newey for praise as Formula One is a team sport, not an individual contest.

Having lost out to the dominant Red Bulls in qualifying for the Indian Grand Prix, Alonso spoke of his fight not only against Vettel but also against Newey, arguably F1's best designer.

"When we had a similar car to everyone I think we were leading the Championship, now that we are fighting against Newey's car, let's say, because they are first and second in all the races, it's not only Sebastian," said the Ferrari driver.

But Vettel, who went on to win Sunday's grand prix at the Buddh International circuit, says it's not just Newey that Alonso is fighting, he's up against the whole Red Bull outfit.

"I don't think that in general this is just a fight between us race drivers; it is rather a competition amongst teams and all of their members," the German told the official F1 website.

"If you walk into the Red Bull Racing garage you will see that every single individual is committed 100 percent to making the team more competitive, even if someone is not feeling entirely well.

"So I don't think that this would be a fair statement towards any team member."

Alonso sooking, seems his defiance in 100% believing he will win the title is a bit of a front to disrespect Vettel that way.
By Frontrunner
Sebastian Vettel feels Fernando Alonso should not have singled out Red Bull designer Adrian Newey for praise as Formula One is a team sport, not an individual contest.

Having lost out to the dominant Red Bulls in qualifying for the Indian Grand Prix, Alonso spoke of his fight not only against Vettel but also against Newey, arguably F1's best designer.

"When we had a similar car to everyone I think we were leading the Championship, now that we are fighting against Newey's car, let's say, because they are first and second in all the races, it's not only Sebastian," said the Ferrari driver.

But Vettel, who went on to win Sunday's grand prix at the Buddh International circuit, says it's not just Newey that Alonso is fighting, he's up against the whole Red Bull outfit.

"I don't think that in general this is just a fight between us race drivers; it is rather a competition amongst teams and all of their members," the German told the official F1 website.

"If you walk into the Red Bull Racing garage you will see that every single individual is committed 100 percent to making the team more competitive, even if someone is not feeling entirely well.

"So I don't think that this would be a fair statement towards any team member."

Alonso sooking, seems his defiance in 100% believing he will win the title is a bit of a front to disrespect Vettel that way.

Seems that Alonso has forgotten about his own Ferrari team, Unless that Alonso runs the whole team and is also the chief engineer, technical director, desinger or whatever.
By vlad
Alonso is known for dirty moves off the track, nothing new... It won't help him...
By scotty
Yeah but it's true though isn't it, Red Bull owe such a huge amount to Newey, no denying that :P
By andrew
Yeah come on niki, get your finger out and poach him for Mercedes! Adrian that is not Seb. Earn your keep!

I very much doubt he'd waste his time with a loser team that won't be around by 2014.
By racechick

I very much doubt he'd waste his time with a loser team that won't be around by 2014.

What you think Red bull might throw the towel in as early as 2014? Well that's an interesting theory. In that case .......GED IN THERE LAUDA!!!!!
By spankyham
Yeah but it's true though isn't it, Red Bull owe such a huge amount to Newey, no denying that :P

Red Bull's debt is to the rules and their interpretation over the last few seasons.
By bud
Still makes me laugh hearin Ferrari fans complaining about Redbull considering all the advantages and special dispensations Ferrari has had over the years.
By myownalias
Something related; but not really...

Red Bull entered the sport initially to promote their energy drinks business; how many of you that didn't drink Red Bull previously have started drinking Red Bull because of their involvement in F1?

If the answer comes back with a majority NO; then that maybe the answer to Red Bull supposedly exiting the sport in the near future.
By racechick
Never drunk red bull, never drunk coke, never intend to :thumbup:
By bud
Redbulls involvement in F1 stems from the owners love of the sport, Mateschitz. He could have named the team Mateschitz F1 and no one would question their loyalty to the sport.

But overall RedBull has the whole extreme sport urban culture going so F1 fits in nicely for them.

See our F1 related articles too!