FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Nico doesnt have to be faster than Lewis this weekend on this track, as he is under less pressure and its Lewis under the real pressure, as we can see the under pressure Lewis desperately go fastest and set his car up for the race.

Nico just has to smile and makes jokes, what does it matter if no one around him gets them, what does it matter if he has little common sense or street smarts or race craft

what does it matter if his fans overdose this weekend on how hard its gonna be for Lewis to not win the race

He has no pressure, Lewis is the one that has to do all the hard work to try not to win

Nico just has to win - simples, then after he can try work out why people laugh at him and not at his jokes
By ang4f1
Dont worry Rosbergites - He will spend the night studying Hamilton's data, and will be back at the front tomorrow.

There are no Rosbergites, only Ham Haters.

That is so true... :yes:
By sagi58

If that wasn't such a sad point of view, I would laugh at the insecurity of that comment.
By racechick
The thing is sagi, if you look historically at who supported Rosberg, I really can't think of anyone at all. Most people found him 'quite nice' , ' a bit undervalued, a guy who drove well but didn't really excite the emotions either way. But since he's been paired with Lewis supporters have appeared. So one draws conclusions from that. It's a bit like me when I supported Alonso, got the gear and everything. It wasn't because I was mad for Alonso, it was because I disliked Schumacher and wanted Alonso to beat him ( and Montoya had left, Lewis not yet arrived).This is the same thing, no need to pretend it's something else.
By Hammer278

If that wasn't such a sad point of view, I would laugh at the insecurity of that comment.

Oh wow this is awesome, sagi just used the word 'sad' and 'insecurity' aimed at someone else in the forum. :hehe::hehe::hehe:

Oh wow this is awesome, sagi just used the word 'sad' and 'insecurity' aimed at someone else in the forum. :hehe::hehe::hehe:

Sagi has learnt to think about what she says in her posts very carefully, as aint nobody got time for this
By 1Lemon
A lot of respect for Rosberg today for the way he conducted himself and wanted to finish the race with his head high.
His finest season, and I hope he learns as much from his first WDC defeat and Hamilton took from his first WDC defeat. Race first, play games second. The MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS W06 will give you another shot at it for sure next year, donnayouworry. :drink:
By Hammer278
His finest season, and I hope he learns as much from his first WDC defeat and Hamilton took from his first WDC defeat. Race first, play games second. The MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS W06 will give you another shot at it for sure next year, donnayouworry. :drink:

Yeah, Wolff promised this already. Merc are confident of taking another next year no question. :D

I really disliked this guy at Spa, but not counting that race he has been the toughest competitor for Lewis since 2007 so far. No politicking, no getting in bed with team bosses or steak dinners, just driving fast as hell on track and beating Lewis in pole position head to head is no easy feat. Even if Lewis was focusing more on race wins. :hehe:
By RyRy
A lot of respect for Rosberg today for the way he conducted himself and wanted to finish the race with his head high.

I was losing more and more respect every race, completely lost any respect in regards to his comments on Thursday, Friday and Satuday but today he restored all of my respect to him.
By Hammer278
Hmm...nahh I can't respect his character much anymore after all that point proving, parking and mind games this weekend but as a driver he's easily in the top 5 today. On a good day, top 3.
Hmm...nahh I can't respect his character much anymore after all that point proving, parking and mind games this weekend but as a driver he's easily in the top 5 today. On a good day, top 3.

Do you suppose Nico will spend some time in the offseason realizing that mind games doesn't work/bother Lewis? He, Nico, may want to just focus on the on-track bit.
By andrew

I was losing more and more respect every race, completely lost any respect in regards to his comments on Thursday, Friday and Satuday but today he restored all of my respect to him.

I'm sure that means much more to him than winning the 2014 WDC would ever have done.
By racechick

I'm sure that means much more to him than winning the 2014 WDC would ever have done.

Well you know a lot of people lost respect for Nico at periods of the year, particularly after Spa, hence the booing. And that got to Nico. And the reason it got to Nico shows he isn't a real bar steward, he does care. So regaining the respect of fans I believe will mean a lot to Nico. And I'm glad that's happenned.

Yes. He could if retired the car and disappeared into the garage until it has all died down.

See our F1 related articles too!