FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

If Nico gets a really good drive, then I wouldn't bet against him consistently churning out podiums and getting a title out of it. He's the sort of unspectacular driver that can just plod along through a season without doing anything that amazing, and end up with 70 points (in the old system, I can't be bothered to translate that into new points).

He's a lot like Massa in that respect. Solid points, no World Champion.
If Nico gets a really good drive, then I wouldn't bet against him consistently churning out podiums and getting a title out of it. He's the sort of unspectacular driver that can just plod along through a season without doing anything that amazing, and end up with 70 points (in the old system, I can't be bothered to translate that into new points).

Yeah, although I'd say Massa did have a wild streak that Nico never possessed, not that either of them have one now.
Tell the truth, texasmr2, you sleep in Michael Schumacher pajamas, don't you? :rofl:

:rofl:
Tex: Where'd you get em? where'd you get em? :D:wink:

Sent to me personaly from the master himself as I am the unofficial president of his fan club :D

Yeah, although I'd say Massa did have a wild streak that Nico never possessed, not that either of them have one now.

True, Massa used to have a lot more of the warrior spirit. He seems to have deflated somehow since the end of 2008. Maybe, deep down, he knows that was the best shot he's ever likely to get.
True, Massa used to have a lot more of the warrior spirit. He seems to have deflated somehow since the end of 2008. Maybe, deep down, he knows that was the best shot he's ever likely to get.

Dont think he was deflated in 2009... the F60 was poor. And then he had the accident. Now he is leading the WDC and would have been further ahead had it not been for that issue with Malaysia Q :irked:

He's also well 'acclimatised' to the team and car (which will keep him close to Alonso despite the pace gap) so he will get his good pts, and i think challenge for WDC.

Dont think he was deflated in 2009... the F60 was poor. And then he had the accident. Now he is leading the WDC and would have been further ahead had it not been for that issue with Malaysia Q :irked:

Unlikely, Alonso's engine would have probably not blown in that scenario because he'd not have had to race as hard. And it's possible the McLarens would have done better too, so Massa might have even been beaten out of 2nd.
Now he is leading the WDC and would have been further ahead had it not been for that issue with Malaysia Q :irked:

Unlikely, Alonso's engine would have probably not blown in that scenario because he'd not have had to race as hard. And it's possible the McLarens would have done better too, so Massa might have even been beaten out of 2nd.[/quote]

Massa was FAST in sepang. Alonso had to overdo his engine because of the gearbox issue... you could hear it going into corners revving really high. I thought "hmmmm he must not be quite used to the Ferrari"....... anyway, prob with someone pushing him, or him pushing for the fronters, the same woulkd have happened......... who knows
I just hope schumacher can survive the year without bringing embarassement to himself

What embarassment? He is still a 7 time WDC who holds most of F1's records so he has nothing to prove factually, statistically or to himself :wink: .

Wishing Nico the best though :thumbup: ,
tex
I just hope schumacher can survive the year without bringing embarassement to himself

What embarassment? He is still a 7 time WDC who holds most of F1's records so he has nothing to prove factually, statistically or to himself :wink: .

tex

He does not need to blot his copybook by having people in the future saying "he should not of come back"

tex

That may be so but people have a habit of only remembering yesterday,meaning your last race. Yes he holds all those records and i can't see them being broken in the near future,they really are that great but having a failed attempt(he hasn't failed yet because it's still early days) at a comeback will not looked good on a fantastic career sheet.

Let face it, he will never been the same driver he used to be. Nico who is a very good driver(ask lewis ,he was his team mate for a while) has out driven him at every turn,many more races and it begins to look embarrassing.

Soon the question will be asked on whether he should of stayed retire. :nono:

tex

That may be so but people have a habit of only remembering yesterday,meaning your last race. Yes he holds all those records and i can't see them being broken in the near future,they really are that great but having a failed attempt(he hasn't failed yet because it's still early days) at a comeback will not looked good on a fantastic career sheet.

Let face it, he will never been the same driver he used to be. Nico who is a very good driver(ask lewis ,he was his team mate for a while) has out driven him at every turn,many more races and it begins to look embarrassing.

Soon the question will be asked on whether he should of stayed retire. :nono:

:yawn::imwithstupid::wavey-finger:
Well guess who is the only driver who scored 10 in autosport's race rating for the drive in Malaysia?....thats right Nico Rosberg :thumbup:

Just behind on 9 out of 10 were:-

Hamilton, Vettel, Webber, Kubica, Suthil,
Well guess who is the only driver who scored 10 in autosport's race rating for the drive in Malaysia?....thats right Nico Rosberg :thumbup:

Just behind on 9 out of 10 were:-

Hamilton, Vettel, Webber, Kubica, Suthil,

Well guess who came out tops in a recent fans survey as most popular??
Was that Nico?

See our F1 related articles too!