FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

After three races, Nico has outqualified and outraced his teammate -- the 7x WDC -- three times. Seems to me that should affect the stock price of at least one of them.

Nico's stock will surely rise with his results and consistency now that he is in a truelly competative car. Michaels stock will never plummet, maybe plateau for a short time, as he is the greatest :wink: .

Correct Tex. somebody overtakes or outqualify or outrace MS a few times and suddenly he's better. I say let them come back after 7 titles to even be considered to be in his league
Nico Rosberg's career will be just like Ralf Schumacher's. He will win some races, get some poles, set some fastest laps and maybe finish 3rd or 4th in the WDC standings a few times before finding himself without a drive later on in his career after a poor season.

Nico is average at best. Don't expect too much from him, you will be left disappointed.
Nico Rosberg's career will be just like Ralf Schumacher's. He will win some races, get some poles, set some fastest laps and maybe finish 3rd or 4th in the WDC standings a few times before finding himself without a drive later on in his career after a poor season.

Nico is average at best. Don't expect too much from him, you will be left disappointed.

Please let us know where you bought your
Crystal_Ball-722318.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by texasmr2 on 05 Apr 10, 22:30, edited 1 time in total.
My personal opinion is that he a solid driver; great to have as a #2 but I don't think he is future world champion material given the drivers that are competing now. But that said he is comprehensively beating seven time world champion Michael Schumacher; but he hasn't raced for three years so he is likely to be rusty and needs to get used to the new rules and car specs. He still has a lot to do to change my opinion of him...
...Correct Tex. somebody overtakes or outqualify or outrace MS a few times and suddenly he's better. I say let them come back after 7 titles to even be considered to be in his league

I'm not implying that Nico is better than Schumey was, I'm saying Nico is better than Schumey is.
...Correct Tex. somebody overtakes or outqualify or outrace MS a few times and suddenly he's better. I say let them come back after 7 titles to even be considered to be in his league

I'm not implying that Nico is better than Schumey was, I'm saying Nico is better than Schumey is.

Better no, more in tune with the current chassis yes. Let's give Nico a three year sebattical so a clear and concise judgement can be made :yes: .

Better no, more in tune with the current chassis yes. Let's give Nico a three year sebattical so a clear and concise judgement can be made :yes: .

Tell the truth, texasmr2, you sleep in Michael Schumacher pajamas, don't you? :rofl:

Tell the truth, texasmr2, you sleep in Michael Schumacher pajamas, don't you? :rofl:

Nah you can hardly say Rosberg is as goodas Schumi.
Maybe performing better atm.

But .. just no

But .. just no

You're wrong, I did say that very thing, and the WDC tally bears me out. Schumey has 9 points. Nico has 35.

But .. just no

You're wrong, I did say that very thing, and the WDC tally bears me out. Schumey has 9 points. Nico has 35.

There shouldn't even be a debate on this. Schumacher is at a far different stage of his career in comparison to Rosberg. He has peaked long ago. It is unfair to make comparisons even if he is outperforming him. There too many factors.
But at this moment in time, Nico's better. :D
Nico hasn't wowed me yet. His performance relative to Michael just serves to convince me Michael isn't currently the Schumacher of old, rather than elevating Nico in any way. He's definitely better this year than he was at Williams, but then it'd be hard not to be.
If Nico gets a really good drive, then I wouldn't bet against him consistently churning out podiums and getting a title out of it. He's the sort of unspectacular driver that can just plod along through a season without doing anything that amazing, and end up with 70 points (in the old system, I can't be bothered to translate that into new points).

See our F1 related articles too!