FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Makes you believe in karma. I bet Jan never hurt a fly in his life or cheated a teammate etc, and his kid is reaping the benefits. Goodness just shines out of Kevin
Love the guy!! Really wish him well! Seems such a nice person. I liked his dad but sadly f1 didn't work out for him. Now I bet Jan is more chuffed that Kevin is looking so promising than if it had been himself doing it. He must be over the moon. My favourite will always be Lewis but I think Kevin is great.
A proper McLaren driver, no sneakiness, no cowardice, no cruise and collect, just outright honesty and balls on the line. No surprise he is Rons boy, we see the same qualities in all his boys like Lewis, Mika, Montoya.

Thats Ron for you, Jan didnt work out - bang, kids even better, boom, stright in, no hesitation, no talk about disturbing good looks, no steak dinners
:yes: I've loved all those drivers!! Montoya was a real favourite, second I'd say to Lewis. Not sure yet where Kevin will slot in, he certainly won't usurp Lewis ( for me) but will certainly be one of the ones I get a kick out of watching.
Yup I reckon even all those who thought we were been a bit over the top yelling for the old McLaren back since 2010 can already see the difference in the team. And can extrapolate that back to understand what the team was about just be seeing Ron in, a proper Ron McLaren driver in the seat and passion and pride on the pitwall
Lewis' rookie year records are under threat. RD might've found the replacement after all, and it's good to see McLaren with some real promise for the future again. I have no doubts the next WDC for McLaren is coming from Kevin, the only question is when.
I like him, I was not fond of Perez. Kev IS MacLaren he is what they are all about. :cloud9: I still like old Jens though but wouldn't a Kev and The Hulk be good next year or Kev and Bottas?
After last season's debachle it is so good to see Ron back. Kevin is ballsy and did great but I worry that like Bottas they are very fast but perhaps prone to errors. I hope not. My husband, like me, is a lifelong MacLaren fan but he was shouting for Bottas.
I liked Perez but replacing him with Kevin has been vindicated as clearly the right thing to do. The only Mercedes powered cars not to get in the top ten for quali were Button and Perez....makes you wonder about the 'badness' of that 2013 McLaren.

Bottas I've never paid much attention to, but I woke up and watched him yesterday, driver of the day I reckon. Yes he made a small error, but in the words of the greatest ever " if you don't go for the gap, you are no longer a racing driver"
Kevin and Bottas. Kevin and Hulk. Both Would be great pairings. And as someone else suggested in another thread Kevin and Lewis ( which it could have been) would be the absolute dream team.
I loved Kev...what a great guy. Thought he did a briliant job this week-end, pity his Dad wasn't there, Kev said he was racing somewhere this week-end....
Ron Dennis has said something about Lewis.... re being welcome back at McLaren.
Hey.... I bet the sponsors are wishing they had made a deal with Ron before this week-end!
I liked Perez but replacing him with Kevin has been vindicated as clearly the right thing to do. The only Mercedes powered cars not to get in the top ten for quali were Button and Perez....makes you wonder about the 'badness' of that 2013 McLaren.

There it is in a nutshell - he difference between mediocre and real ambition

Same setup as last year without Kev, would have both McLarens qualifying in 12th and 13th, take away the dnfs in front, remove the sharp PITWALL strategy and you have Button dropping a place at the start and lucky to finish where he started. Perez would have gained a few places as he actually overtakes on track but if he had started behind Button would not be allowed to

So last years McLaren would finish the race 11th and 12th and we would all think the car was nowhere near the second best

This year Kev qualified at the front and maxed the car, Buttons achievement was in making no mistakes and driving within the car
Last edited by CookinFlat6 on 17 Mar 14, 10:09, edited 1 time in total.
Lewis' rookie year records are under threat. RD might've found the replacement after all, and it's good to see McLaren with some real promise for the future again. I have no doubts the next WDC for McLaren is coming from Kevin, the only question is when.

Hopefully soon! :drink::drink:

He might have a long wait but at least he is young, and hopefully won't get his chances screwed by an amateur lame duck TP for 5 years like happened to Lewis.
He might have to wait a few years till the Honda engine is as good as the others
They need to build the car and team around him starting right now
And he sounds like a mafia guy. Like sherlock magnessun

See our F1 related articles too!