FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By CookinFlat6
So Kevin says this about tackiling corners in 2014
"Not one thing, it's the whole challenge of being in F1. Being with McLaren is what I'm most excited about," before later adding that the corner he's most looking forward to tackling is "Eau Rouge - a fantastic corner - and could return to being a challenge with the 2014 cars."

and Button says this
But with the 2014 car if you floor it in a corner like Turn 3 at Barcelona, you don't just drive off, you immediately lose the rear because there is so much torque. It's not a balance issue, you have torque and we've never had that before.

"I don't think it will be more exciting to drive. We are going to be fighting for grip the whole time, so I don't think that will make it more exciting.

The only thing Mag will learn from Button is how to make excuses instead of driving as fast the the car can go.
By What's Burning?
Thanks to an Italian link that cookin' shared, I just found out that Kevin and I are birthday buddies!
By CookinFlat6
Has a rookie ever been expected to come in and push the lead WDC driver in any team in F1 history?
Is this unfair or too much pressure on Mag before the season has even started?

Paffett, who has been a full-time test and reserve driver at McLaren since 2006, believes Magnusen's outright speed will have a positive effect on Button this year.

"What we want to see at McLaren is Jenson to be pushed hard this year," said Paffett on the main stage at AUTOSPORT International.

"Jenson needs someone quicker than him to push him harder. That's what we saw with Lewis Hamilton in the team.
By Hammer278
"Jenson needs someone quicker than him to push him harder."

If I were Jenson, I'd be fuc*in insulted by this line....between the lines it just means "doesn't give a f*ck unless he's been made to look bad".
By CookinFlat6
That's the definition of a lame duck, can't fly without a good kick

When the reserve driver starts saying the rookie is hopefully going to incentivise the lead driver to drive better you just know that the lead driver has no respect except from his disturbed TP
By racechick
WTF?? They have a driver that the team revolves around , that they pay 15mil to and yet extracting the maximum from this driver is dependent on everything being 'just so', and the second driver being faster than him 'someone like Lewis' or a fast rookie. And still they continue to revolve around the driver who has a narrow window of operation and apparently cannot motivate himself without a faster team mate. :screwy:

Mag had better be super quick and psychologically very strong. He has to withstand the 'games' and be a lot faster than Button to keep his seat if Perez is anything to go by. Perez was faster than button much of the time but not faster enough to keep his seat. What a strange state of affairs! I wonder how aware of it mag is??
By Jabberwocky
They can not, it is some sort of unhealthy infatuation that is a routed in a disturbing sexual fantasies the hold for him

Sent using NCC-1701
By racechick
:yes: I am helpless before him, like others, I am unable to control myself around him, the mere mention of his name arouses my emotions. However I will endeavour to get my self under control and do as Bud suggests, limit my outpourings of passion to the Button or McLaren thread. This thread is all over to you Kevin :thumbup:
By Jabberwocky
:yes: I am helpless before him, like others, I am unable to control myself around him, the mere mention of his name arouses my emotions. However I will endeavour to get my self under control and do as Bud suggests, limit my outpourings of passion to the Button or McLaren thread. This thread is all over to you Kevin :thumbup:

Lol

Sent using NCC-1701
By CookinFlat6
Would be good if members could limit themselves to discussing F1 drivers and not other members
The Button thread has been eerily quiet of late. I agree, it would be nice if as a community we would keep the driver threads focused to that driver.
By Hammer278
Well I'm pretty confident Kevin Magnussen wouldn't turn out to be a :duckie:. McLaren's training has nurtured someone called Lewis Hamilton and Kevin went through the same ranks, so naturally we expect great things from him. :thumbup:
By NHcheese
MAGNUSSEN IS THE BEST THERE IS. FINAL! GO MAG!!!!

See our F1 related articles too!