FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By racechick
I was mentally reassessing Ricciardo!!

From what his record suggests so far, he comes off very quickly at times but manages to go full distance on other occasions. :D

So...a bit of variety in the boy then :D
By LiamCatterson
Yup....Riccardo will be Red Bull's number two driver...A new toy for Vettel to chew on...It's a shame really, I would've loved to see Alonso or Kimi just not allow Vettel to give them the Webber treatment because they would just say "f*** it"...
By LewEngBridewell
It's a great signing. Ricciardo was great when driving for HRT, so goodness knows what he'll achieve in a Red Bull.
By Hammer278
Yup....Riccardo will be Red Bull's number two driver...A new toy for Vettel to chew on...It's a shame really, I would've loved to see Alonso or Kimi just not allow Vettel to give them the Webber treatment because they would just say "f*** it"...

Which is why it isn't Alonso or Kimi who was confirmed.
By CookinFlat6
He didnt do to badly in the recent Red Bull test.

It may work out worse for Seb than Kimi or Alonso, because if Daniel starts to match Seb or consistently get close to him in a way Webber wasnt he could get more support from the team who might see him as the better prospect when Seb moves on

A guy who smiles that much could be well versed in the politicking game
By racechick
He certainly is a smiler :yes::D
By Hammer278
He's a talker too. Vettel might meet his match in terms of talking..."I'm just an animal! I want to get out of this cage!! blablabla". Expect fireworks next year.
By Big Azza
I'm not so thrilled - would like to see someone more competitive land that seat. But oh well - should be good to see another Aussie win races. :thumbup:

I'm particularly excited about who could potentially replace Ricciardo at STR next year... I'm thinking it would be Antonio Felix Da Costa or Daniel Kvyat, who are attached to the Junior Team, but quite clearly Robin Frijns is better than them and he tested for Red Bull recently.

However, Frijns is not part of their junior program so will Red Bull break tradition?
By bud
Thrilled for Daniel, glad to see him at RBR.

Same mate, It is also good to see Redbull using their young driver talent to fill both their race seats.
By Jabberwocky
It does make the whole STR more than an advertising campaign.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
By What's Burning?
Which makes one wonder even more about their decision to jettison both Buemi and Alguersuari.
By CookinFlat6
Algeursari was plain unlucky, wrong timing. If Webber had quit in 2011, he would have got the seat I reckon. And he could have got himself another seat if it wasnt for Red Bull screwing him

See our F1 related articles too!