FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Congratulations to the newest Formula One race winner!

The better driver in Red Bull, leading the team in points, head down and pushing, gets his victory where his previously world dominating teammate has been unable to and isn't asking for special treatment. Clearly the right move to bring him into the team over Kimi, who knows what Hulkenberg would have done in the RB10, but Vettel is looking mighty ordinary when compared to his up and coming teammate.
Congratulations to Ricciardo!! :clap:
He pulled off some really great passes!!

I sat on the edge of my seat for those last few laps!!

Reason for editing: Haste makes waste!
Thanks to Cookin' for noticin'!
Last edited by sagi58 on 09 Jun 14, 02:07, edited 1 time in total.
Congratulations to Ricciardo!! :clap:
He pulled off some really great passes from Ricciardo!!

I sat on the edge of my seat for those last few laps!!

He is exceptionally good, but surely even Ricciardo cant overtake himself :confused:
Great drive! Love watching you Ricciardo! well done!!
Great drive! Love watching you Ricciardo! well done!!

Now, if only he'd put on a few extra pounds :)
Great win for Dan and it shows that he is the real deal; a real challenger for world titles in the future; he has really put four time world champion Vettel in the shade in 2014!
His overtaking attempt on Perez at T1 was balls out and he kept it together, just...and raced after Rosberg to win just about. Not too many drivers out there who can do that nowadays, I'd say Hamilton, Alonso and now Ricciardo.

Maybe Hulkenburg but not proven as yet.
I will eat humble pie on this one. I did not think Red Bull had made the right decision last year when they signed him. I a round about way, if I was a team boss I would now be looking at Vergne and thinking he was quite on even terms with Danny last year.
His overtaking attempt on Perez at T1 was balls out and he kept it together, just...and raced after Rosberg to win just about. Not too many drivers out there who can do that nowadays, I'd say Hamilton, Alonso and now Ricciardo.

Yeah, that was a great on the edge pass. Definitely timed his race.

I remember rocky telling Seb to hold back and let Danny burn his tyres trying the pass and to wait to pick up the pieces. I remeber thinking 'I am sure young Danny knows exactly what he is doing'

That for me was the final confirmation that Danny is as good if not much better than the 4 x blown diffuser WDC
That was one of Dan's best drives to get on the podium this year now that I'm thinking about, To make those medium tyres go for 37 laps was a great effort, I was thinking with 15 laps to go, could he make it to the end? He was my driver of the day although I being very bias of course.

See our F1 related articles too!