FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By 1Lemon
I thought he needed one, being easily one of the best drivers on the grid and all. :yes:
By LRW
I had started to lose faith with him, as his last two years have left a lot to be desired.

But he has come out all guns blazing this season. I think its make or break for him now, if he wants to get into a top 4 team.
I thought he needed one, being easily one of the best drivers on the grid and all. :yes:

Is it the driver or a surprisingly good car FI is actually providing?

Quote from Hakkinen after last weekends GP:
"It would be interesting to see how high Force India cars could reach with a driver who already knows how to win F1 GPs.

I recall some time ago Fisichella almost winning GP with FI and then being absolute rubbish at Ferrari. Just makes you think that some of the cars (the top teams ) can be really hard to drive for the result where the real champs like Alonso, Kimi, Schumi etc can make it a winning car, but more average drivers can't get the speed out of it.

Nothing against PDR.
etc can make it a winning car, but more average drivers can't get the speed out of it.

Cough Perez :rolleyes:

He certainly has speed, he was beating Vettel and Hamilton in the lower formulas and he won the DTM championship, so he's not slow behind a wheel.
What more support than putting him in the fantasy league last Friday, and he returns the favor with a career high performance.
Well finally I think he's in a car he likes.
I had started to lose faith with him, as his last two years have left a lot to be desired.

But he has come out all guns blazing this season. I think its make or break for him now, if he wants to get into a top 4 team.

Agreed.

He's really impressed this season, and his technical know-how is second-to-none. I bet his feedback to Force India during free practice is superb.
I bet MW is regretting signing prerez over Paul. He would never have diced with his teammate like that.
I bet MW is regretting signing prerez over Paul. He would never have diced with his teammate like that.

One of the reasons I'm not a fan. But he's putting some good drives this season, exceeded my expectations surely.

Is it the driver or a surprisingly good car FI is actually providing?

Quote from Hakkinen after last weekends GP:
"It would be interesting to see how high Force India cars could reach with a driver who already knows how to win F1 GPs.

I'd say the same thing could be asked about last years Williams and Sauber, on their day they flattered the drivers imo and more experienced drivers could've got a lot more out of them.
I wouldn't say Diresta has shown anything particularly outstanding but he has put in a few solid drives and in Bahrain he only missed out on the podium because of the tyres fading which can happen to the best.

I recall some time ago Fisichella almost winning GP with FI and then being absolute rubbish at Ferrari. Just makes you think that some of the cars (the top teams ) can be really hard to drive for the result where the real champs like Alonso, Kimi, Schumi etc can make it a winning car, but more average drivers can't get the speed out of it.

Nothing against PDR.

Yeah, I can imagine they're more difficult to drive but maybe have more possibilites for setup and what the driver can do with them on track and that's maybe why the lower teams can have the odd great race but be well off the pace elsewhere.
http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2013/4/14510.html

He answered all the generic questions almost exactly how I would answer them (Obviously the ones about racing are not applicable for me)

He answered all the generic questions almost exactly how I would answer them (Obviously the ones about racing are not applicable for me)

You're revealing quite a bit about yourself.

Although I do know a Jordan, he is not the funniest person I know, also he is wrong with this:

The best cure for a hangover is…
PdR: An English breakfast.

It's clearly dry crackers or salted popcorn.
By LRW

You're revealing quite a bit about yourself.

Although I do know a Jordan, he is not the funniest person I know, also he is wrong with this:

The best cure for a hangover is…
PdR: An English breakfast.

It's clearly dry crackers or salted popcorn.

Why do you hate music Lemon?

See our F1 related articles too!