FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By racechick
I watched a programme on Suzi last night, really enjoyed it and I like her a lot. Anyone else see it? In the programme it had early shots of her just starting carts, racing against Hamilton. On the podium Lewis had to show her how to open the champaign :D also showed her as team mate to Alesi. She gave an example of him screaming into the radio 'get this woman out of the way' The team came back and said," Jean, you want to be in front you have to overtake her". :rofl::rofl: she also raced in DTM against Coulthard, her childhood pinup and hero, and she beat him. :P If you missed it I recommend trying to see it on BBC I player.....if it was on BBC..can't remember.

I like Steling Moss, but I don't like how he speaks about women drivers....like Suzi says, it's probably a generation thing. And I guess Sterling sees woman in the pit lane as after race entertainment only. Well I think Suzi handles herself really well. Here she is commenting on Sterlings views on women F1 drivers.
http://goo.gl/fb/T5ZFC. ( go here then click on the BBc link bit)
By LRW
Yeah, I read the Moss article on BBC earlier. This bit made me chuckle, in a what-a-twat-sort-of-way....

Moss on racing against Maria Teresa de Filippis

"I used to blow a kiss if ever I'd lap her. The good news is she knew there was a race going on around her and she'd keep an eye on her mirrors and she'd always pull over. Her manners and everything were terrific......"
By CookinFlat6
Its typical of a past generation. The only reason we have to hear this stuff and their views get aired is because of past glory and high profile. They are just like any number of old grumpy blinkered and largely ignorant guys (some women also believe it or not) you find muttering into their pints in a dingy pub.

But because they won a few things 50 years ago we have to put up with the attention seeking drivel of the Jackie Stewarts etc. At least Stirling Moss is less vocal than Stewart.

Stirling Moss probably believes 'poofters' (his own words ) couldnt hack it in the army and women couldnt fly military jets and foreign football players cant play at the top level because they cant take cold weather

"Unfortunately, the way things are, I don't imagine a lady will ever get the chance to drive a Red Bull or a Ferrari.
"The only chance is with a lesser team - and they only take someone if they come with a good sponsor. Regretfully, the problem is that many ladies who could compete probably as well as the guys won't get chance."
Wolff responded: "I agree with him. Ferrari and Red Bull take best drivers on the market at the time to go out and win world championships.

Interesting how Mclaren are no longer mentioned when talking about top teams picking the best available drivers to win championships. No one has said that since the team picked Button over Kimi
By Hammer278
She's hot. :P

I hope she gets into F1 though, on merit of course.
By 1Lemon
Red Bull have a new young woman in their young driver program, she has already impressed unlike Suzi who hasn't had very good results in the past, maybe she'll be different in F1 though.
By racechick
Yes that Red Bull girl sounds really good, she's in the young drivers programme on merit.
I hope Suzi does well, she made the time required in the F1 test.
By 1Lemon
Oh I didn't know she made the time for the F1 test, I knew she was going for it but didn't know she made it.

I hope we get some more women in F1, i'm especially looking forward to Claire being Team Boss of Williams, she has been quite literally born to be a team boss; and she's learnt from the best.
By racechick
If you get a chance to watch that documentary on her I recommend it. It was on BBC2 last night called DRIVEN:THE FASTEST WOMAN IN THE WORLD
By Hammer278
Well its gotta be better than DRIVEN: By Sylvester Stallone....
By andrew
If you get a chance to watch that documentary on her I recommend it. It was on BBC2 last night called DRIVEN:THE FASTEST WOMAN IN THE WORLD

It was a repeat.
By racechick
Was it? First time I'd seen it, but yeah could have been. It was pick f the day in the TV guide.
By cheekybru
also showed her as team mate to Alesi. She gave an example of him screaming into the radio 'get this woman out of the way' The team came back and said," Jean, you want to be in front you have to overtake her". :rofl::rofl: s

I watched it, and i belive it was Gerhard Berger shouting on the radio 8-) good watch tho, hope she makes it
By racechick
That's an interesting question. She ought to request one :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!