FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Amazing to think Bottas is almost 10 years older than the new kid on the block, in some places round the world he could even be his father
The real question is whether he plans to change his signature again before the season ends or during the winter break.
Let's not make fun of the guy, the intention is noble and as much as I'd love Bottas to win a race, I'd love Lemony's siggy to come up short. What am I to do? How about Bottas wins in Autralia in 2015? Would that be a fair compromise?
By LRW
Let's not make fun of the guy.....

Hold the phone John-Boy. I wasnt making fun. I was sincere in my question. I think the guy has his best chance in Japan.
He's had 4 or 5 podium places now, outside of the Merc pair and Danny Ric he must be the most consistently podium'd driver. So surely he can't be far off, just need the Mercs to hit each other some more.

Next year in a true PS car though he could have a few wins under his belt.

Edit: did quick google, look like he is the 3rd most podium driver with 4 podiums this year.
Ok. Thats all great.

But which race is it going to be? I maked your words two years ago - but the ink is starting to fade.....

Japan might be a good bet, he was blistering at Austin last year too, the long Abu Dhabi straight might be good on the Williams car too, hard to pass. Brazil and Russia don't look so promising but we will see. I reckon at least he can get good podiums, wins depend on Mercs being unprofessional again :wink:
By LRW
Ok. Thats all great.

But which race is it going to be? I maked your words two years ago - but the ink is starting to fade.....

Japan might be a good bet, he was blistering at Austin last year too, the long Abu Dhabi straight might be good on the Williams car too, hard to pass. Brazil and Russia don't look so promising but we will see. I reckon at least he can get good podiums, wins depend on Mercs being unprofessional again :wink:

Oh I see. So you mean.....

Mark my words, Bottas will win a race in 2013/2014, well a podium at least. Providing the Mercs both fail.

:wink:

Only jesting. I for one, will be happy for Bottas to win his first race. Provided Hamilton can't / doesnt need to win.
To be fair nobody ever thought the mercs would be quite so dominant for the entire season.
By LRW
To be fair nobody ever thought the mercs would be quite so dominant for the entire season.

True.

Apart from Cookin.

And Hammer.

And WB.

And possibly RC?

Yeah - apart from them. No-one. :hehe:

:wavey: you didnt see my sig back in 2013?
Something has been bothering me from the weekend. Everywhere I read that Bottas wasn't able to manage his tires and dropped down the grid. It was obvious that he'd gotten a puncture, and completed the race on a flat looked to be rear right tire.

Hey buddy you just joined the forum this year? Your history of sigs seem to suggest you've been around long enough. :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!