FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By headless
@WTF?

Can someone translate. I don;'t speak Twitter. :hehe:

Basically Nin-Chin has some secret reliable source (so secret and reliable he can't reveal them) that Massa is out and Nico is replacing him, but his other secret reliable source says Massa is staying......

So basically he is saying @f*ckall

That's what I thought. In other words, Massa's time at Ferrari is still undecided.

I was #confused! :hehe:

Nah he has quoted Jonathon Noble off Twitter I think.
By headless
"""Andrew Benson ‏@andrewbensonf1
Incidentally, new info casts more doubt on @Felipe1Massa staying at Ferrari - good source says @NicoHulkenberg deal already done"""
By headless
"""Andrew Benson ‏@andrewbensonf1
Problem is, an equally good - if not probably better - source says @Felipe1Massa is still most likely to stay but @NicoHulkenberg key option"""
By vaptin
Andrew Benson is reliable, things haven't quite worked out for Hulkenburg so far in f1, only some flashes of talent. Wonder how he will get on in a top team, Ferrari ought to be able to help him out a bit more with setup and data etc.
By Nin-Chin
Took u guys that long :yikes:
By LRW
Took u guys that long :yikes:

Would of been quicker if you'd said upfront, "look at these tweets from Andrew Benson. Interesting...."
By vaptin
Just remembered: Ferrari initially offered Hulkenburg the drive for Massa's seat in 2009 (when Massa was injured), but he turned them down, preferring to develop further as a driver and not wanting to risk his reputation, he was also probably offered a place on the driver academy (just a guess, is he one someone elses?), maybe the problem is he isn't that keen, but Ferrari would like him.
By LewEngBridewell
Some would say the second seat at Ferrari is a poisoned chalice (Irvine, Barrichello, Massa...) If he did end up at the Scuderia, I'd love to see him on equal terms with Alonso, as he's a driver a rate highly. Too good to be true...

Maybe it's just my McLaren bias coming out, but I can see Massa staying at Ferrari for the time being, for Alonso's convenience.

Come on! Give me your worst! :hehe::wink::wink:
By f1ea
Some would say the second seat at Ferrari is a poisoned chalice (Irvine, Barrichello, Massa...) If he did end up at the Scuderia, I'd love to see him on equal terms with Alonso, as he's a driver a rate highly. Too good to be true...

Maybe it's just my McLaren bias coming out, but I can see Massa staying at Ferrari for the time being, for Alonso's convenience.

Come on! Give me your worst! :hehe::wink::wink:

Setting the definitions of poison chalice and equal terms apart...

I'd say, even for Alonso's convenience, Ferrari would need a driver to stand between Alonso and the leading competition. Massa is not doing that.

For the team's convenience... They'd want a driver raking in pts (more than the competition) for WCC. Massa is not doing so.

I would add... Ferrari would also want a guy who grabs those 25 pts when Alonso (considering he is leading the team WDC count) can't get them. Why, because 25 pts is a lot if they go to the competition. Furthemore, they'd want a guy able to lead the WDC if Alonso can't. Massa is not doing that.

All that ^^ without drama and without counting on Alonso "teaching" him the ways of the ninja.

Now, the question is... WHO can do this?

I say... Kimi, Vettel.
Anyone else is a gamble... hence Ferrari is still scratching their heads.
Last edited by f1ea on 29 Sep 12, 20:42, edited 1 time in total.
By vaptin
The setup is different to the Schumacher era, Ferrari aren't giving their two drivers massively different cars now, the resources restrictions don't suit that style, so they need a fast second driver, as they can't make one car massively suited with all the advantages Schumacher had.

Rubens had a chance to win races with Ferrari, he managed to win some with Brawn but never really challenged Jenson for the championship under equal terms, Ferrari didn't ruin his career, his driving wasn't that great.

True, Ferrari don't need a driver to challenge Alonso, they just need one to challenge Webber and Button.
By LewEngBridewell
A replacement for Massa would be very exciting indeed. This is potentially the biggest shake-up we've seen at the front in a long time.
By f1ea
I was thinking.... :)

Ferrari should drop Massa.
How much worse could it get? He's been nowhere near their competition. They gave him the chance after the accident. Worse case scenario, the next driver does the same. Whether the next guy is good for P6 or P8 makes no difference to Ferrari. They need the gamble to go for a P3 guy at least.
By LewEngBridewell
Massa's return to the podium. It's been a while, fella.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

See our F1 related articles too!