FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By What's Burning?
MOA has problems with the English language now that he's American. :whip:

You can call whatever else you like, but don't ever :censored: call me an American... :twisted:

See my post above.
We wouldn't want you anyway:P

Yeah he talks funny! :whip:
By myownalias
MOA has problems with the English language now that he's American. :whip:

You can call whatever else you like, but don't ever :censored: call me an American... :twisted:

See my post above.
We wouldn't want you anyway:P

Yeah he talks funny! :whip:

Not as funny as an American attempting a British accent! :P
By spankyham
I think Massa did a solid job today, even if he finished outside of the points and he made the passes he did today, I would still say that he did a solid job fighting from the back of the grid; yes the safety cars helped his situation, but sometimes a little luck helps your cause. I still think that he'll be resigned by Ferrari next season, probably a one year contract extension!

If you want to say Felipe had "help" in Singapore then I must have been watching a different race to you. Sure the SC helped a little, but compared to the wretched luck he had at the start, being clipped from behind and having his tire punctured at T1 and then having to complete the whole lap before finally getting into the pits..... if the SC was one or two units of luck then he was dealt 10 negative units at the start.

Also, I think his drive was a little better than "solid". He set the fastest lap with 57 laps of fuel in his car, it took until cars got down to 24 laps of less fuel and new tires before someone could beat that lap of his - all I can say is that is an awesome lap. 24 Singapore laps of fuel is huge. Credit where credit is due I say.

Lastly, his pass on Senna was awesome, his ability to fit the car where he did, his control after being hit, and then to make that pass stick - you wont see many passes that good or better in many years of F1.
By What's Burning?
I think Massa did a solid job today, even if he finished outside of the points and he made the passes he did today, I would still say that he did a solid job fighting from the back of the grid; yes the safety cars helped his situation, but sometimes a little luck helps your cause. I still think that he'll be resigned by Ferrari next season, probably a one year contract extension!

If you want to say Felipe had "help" in Singapore then I must have been watching a different race to you. Sure the SC helped a little, but compared to the wretched luck he had at the start, being clipped from behind and having his tire punctured at T1 and then having to complete the whole lap before finally getting into the pits..... if the SC was one or two units of luck then he was dealt 10 negative units at the start.

Also, I think his drive was a little better than "solid". He set the fastest lap with 57 laps of fuel in his car, it took until cars got down to 24 laps of less fuel and new tires before someone could beat that lap of his - all I can say is that is an awesome lap. 24 Singapore laps of fuel is huge. Credit where credit is due I say.

Lastly, his pass on Senna was awesome, his ability to fit the car where he did, his control after being hit, and then to make that pass stick - you wont see many passes that good or better in many years of F1.

I don't disagree spanky, but his drive yesterday was not the second coming, somewhere in the middle of solid, and miraculous let's say. by that time, a lot of the race leaders were driving to a controlled race pace, that would explain the reason why the fast last stood for so long. He was driving like a bat out of hell to catch up to the tail end.

No way for me to know but I'm sure he had clean air and a clean track in front of him and it was a deed accomplished from necessity, he also had the harder compound that at that point would have worked better given the heavy fuel load than an already half worn set with heavy fuel the leaders were sporting. See what I mean?
By spankyham

I don't disagree spanky, but his drive yesterday was not the second coming, somewhere in the middle of solid, and miraculous let's say. by that time, a lot of the race leaders were driving to a controlled race pace, that would explain the reason why the fast last stood for so long. He was driving like a bat out of hell to catch up to the tail end.

No way for me to know but I'm sure he had clean air and a clean track in front of him and it was a deed accomplished from necessity, he also had the harder compound that at that point would have worked better given the heavy fuel load than an already half worn set with heavy fuel the leaders were sporting. See what I mean?

All good points and I don't think it disagrees with anything I posted :)

On his fastest lap, yes, he had new tires (but by one lap really cause his puncture was at the start), but then all other drivers had their turn on fresh rubber again at their first change, and they had that turn with way less fuel load (as I pointed out previously). I think, in those early laps, everyone was pushing the hardest they could, even Lewis said he was going plat out early on. I think it was a significant achievement in a car that had been nowhere near the pace of the front runner.

Maybe I saw it as a little better than you might have seen his performance, but we are both right when we say it was better than "solid".

I see this performance as part of a clear improvement and I would love Felipe back at his best.
By vaptin
I'm not so optimistic I simply think the gap from Ferrari to the midfield is now bigger, had Felipe been higher up, he would have struggled.
By What's Burning?
So would I. Honestly, Felipe back at his best would be the best solution for Ferrari, would be the best solution for Fernando and would be the best solution for Felipe. It would however keep a potential new fresh face from the sport.

Anyway, I think it was a flash of potential, a hint perhaps? I agree that the pass on Senna was the best thing I've seen this year, it was heart in throat and poop in pant moment, but Felipe baby stuck the landing! :thumbup:

In the end, though I think what Ferrari wants from him is not great drives like that, but drives where he can get between Alonso and the drivers in back to take away as many competitors points as possible and yesterday although good to see, didn't really bring much in the way of concrete results to Ferrari, it was all intangible value.
By vaptin
So would I. Honestly, Felipe back at his best would be the best solution for Ferrari, would be the best solution for Fernando and would be the best solution for Felipe. It would however keep a potential new fresh face from the sport.

Anyway, I think it was a flash of potential, a hint perhaps? I agree that the pass on Senna was the best thing I've seen this year, it was heart in throat and poop in pant moment, but Felipe baby stuck the landing! :thumbup:

In the end, though I think what Ferrari wants from him is not great drives like that, but drives where he can get between Alonso and the drivers in back to take away as many competitors points as possible and yesterday although good to see, didn't really bring much in the way of concrete results to Ferrari, it was all intangible value.

:yes: , Ferrari need a more consistent driver, they're happy to stick with Alonso for a WDC, they don't need a driver at that level, but Massa is costing them in the WCC, they need someone to compete with Webber and Button.

It has been suggested that Massa's confidence has been affected by his accident, that pass suggests he was feeling pretty brave.
By myownalias

I'm confused about what you disagreeing about? I did say he had to fight from the back of the field, having bad luck at the start withstanding, without the safety car periods Massa would have struggled to be anywhere near the top 10, being almost an entire lap down. I think he got a big slice of luck with the safety car allowing him to catch up with the main pack!
By What's Burning?

I'm confused about what you disagreeing about? I did say he had to fight from the back of the field, having bad luck at the start withstanding, without the safety car periods Massa would have struggled to be anywhere near the top 10, being almost an entire lap down. I think he got a big slice of luck with the safety car allowing him to catch up with the main pack!

I don't think there's a debate there, the SC brought the filed together and then allowed him to make the passes. He still had to make the passed though and I think that's what Spanky was talking about, a lot of passing in a circuit not very overtake friendly.

Again if Lewis and Pastor hadn't DNF'd he'd not have been in the points and the effort would have gone mostly unnoticed but for the diehard Massa fans.
By f1ea

Yee to that brah
By Nin-Chin
Incidentally, new info casts more doubt on @Felipe1Massa staying at Ferrari - good source says @NicoHulkenberg deal already done
Problem is, an equally good - if not probably better - source says @Felipe1Massa is still most likely to stay but @NicoHulkenberg key option
By LRW
@WTF?

Can someone translate. I don;'t speak Twitter. :hehe:

Basically Nin-Chin has some secret reliable source (so secret and reliable he can't reveal them) that Massa is out and Nico is replacing him, but his other secret reliable source says Massa is staying......

So basically he is saying @f*ckall
By andrew
@WTF?

Can someone translate. I don;'t speak Twitter. :hehe:

Basically Nin-Chin has some secret reliable source (so secret and reliable he can't reveal them) that Massa is out and Nico is replacing him, but his other secret reliable source says Massa is staying......

So basically he is saying @f*ckall

That's what I thought. In other words, Massa's time at Ferrari is still undecided.

I was #confused! :hehe:
Last edited by andrew on 29 Sep 12, 13:02, edited 1 time in total.

See our F1 related articles too!