FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Grandprix.com:

DECEMBER 13, 2016
Maldonado working on 2017 F1 return

Pastor Maldonado says he is working on his return to formula one.

With a controversial driving style, the 31-year-old raced for Williams and Lotus until 2015, when his sponsor PDVSA struck trouble amid the Venezuelan oil crisis.

But Maldonado said at an event at Colombia's Autodromo de Tocancipa: "I'm talking to some teams and I'm quite optimistic."

The FIA released its provisional 2017 entry list recently showing vacancies only at Sauber and Manor, but Nico Rosberg's shock retirement could be set to shake up the driver market.

Maldonado said: "Unfortunately, some situations pushed me out of formula one and, as you know, getting back in through the front door is never easy.

"At first it was hard to accept not being in formula one, but since I saw the performance of Renault I would say I was fine. Now I am discussing again with some teams and hope to be on the grid in Australia.

"Obviously I do not exclude other categories, but my intention is to be in F1," he insisted.

:eek::yikes::eek::yikes::nono:
Grandprix.com:

DECEMBER 13, 2016

Pastor Maldonado says he is working on his return to formula one...

"At first it was hard to accept not being in formula one...

Obviously I do not exclude other categories, but my intention is to be in F1," he insisted.

Maybe he should accept the truth as everyone else "knows" it? :rolleyes:
<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">Grandprix.com</span>:

DECEMBER 13, 2016

Pastor Maldonado says he is working on his return to formula one.

With a controversial driving style, the 31-year-old raced for Williams and Lotus until 2015, when his sponsor PDVSA struck trouble amid the Venezuelan oil crisis.

But Maldonado said at an event at Colombia's Autodromo de Tocancipa: "I'm talking to some teams and I'm quite optimistic."

The FIA released its provisional 2017 entry list recently showing vacancies only at Sauber and Manor, but Nico Rosberg's shock retirement could be set to shake up the driver market.

Maldonado said: "Unfortunately, some situations pushed me out of formula one and, as you know, getting back in through the front door is never easy.

"At first it was hard to accept not being in formula one, but since I saw the performance of Renault I would say I was fine. Now I am discussing again with some teams and hope to be on the grid in Australia.

"Obviously I do not exclude other categories, but my intention is to be in F1," he insisted.

:eek::yikes::eek::yikes::nono:

I would like to see Maldonado back in F1 because he is a good driver and a Grand Prix winner. Unfortunately I feel it is unlikely to happen, once a driver who hasn't been a World Champion is kicked out of F1 they usually find it very difficult to get back in again. However, worse drivers than Maldonado have been dropped and then come back, Sutil in 2013 and Gutiérrez this year being recent examples that quickly come to my mind. I wish him the best of luck with his quest.

See our F1 related articles too!